Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mudflaps
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you going to TPF 2021?”

• Yes 26 votes
      60%
    • No 17 votes
      40%

(43 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200312-150258~3 (resized).png

#1 4 years ago

See you guys in 2021! Best of luck to Paul, Kim, Ed and their team!

#2 4 years ago

Agreed this is the way to go... they are transferring to 2021 not keeping the money or anything... If you can let it roll over to next year so these folks aren't hurt and the show can continue. Our hearts go out to all show promotors who DO so much for all of us... Attendees and vendors...
    Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements

Here is their announcement :

Texas Pinball Festival Friends and Family…

We have no plans to reschedule the show in 2020. Logistics alone would prohibit that. We currently have a contract with the hotel for TPF2021, but things may change and we need to remain flexible.

Two things will determine the future of the Texas Pinball Festival. One of those things will be determined by the City of Frisco and the Embassy Suites. The other… you can help control. Please understand our difficult position and work with us.

We need to process things in a particular order. We promise we will respond to all email requests, but it will take us some time. Repeated messages / emails will not make things move any faster.

• Tournament entries will be refunded.
    • Current un-delivered merchandise orders will be mailed.
    • After we take a complete inventory, we will re-open the online store.

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE STATEMENT

Regarding purchased Weekend Passes:

Our policy has always been “no refunds” for weekend passes. We fund the show with this money. We use it to pay for celebrity guests, print work and merchandise, promotional items, advertising, signage, venue and all the other hundreds of things that make the Texas Pinball Festival what it has become. In exchange for that capital, pre-registered guests get some extras, including a reduced-price weekend pass (in most cases).

This is an unprecedented turn of events. It’s not our fault… or yours. And we want to do what’s right by everyone.

TPF2020 Weekend Passes will automatically transfer to TPF2021.You don’t need to do anything.

For those that just cannot accept a transfer to TPF2021: We will process weekend pass refunds to those that expressly request them as quickly as possible (note this is a manual process). And though disputing a charge may seem like the way to go, it just causes more trouble and delay, and could force us to shut down completely.

How to request a refund: Email [email protected]. Please request the refund from the email address you used to purchase show admission. Include your full name and order number (or PayPal Transaction ID). If we have to track down orders with ambiguous information, this is going to take a very long time. Note that only TPF2020 refund requests will be processed. Please make your refund request by March 31st.

Vendors and advertisers… we will be reaching out to you separately.

We are extremely appreciative of the love and support we have seen and felt since we made our announcement yesterday. We have always said that the pinball community was the best, and we love you for it. Thank you all for your patience and support!

Paul, Kim, & Ed

#3 4 years ago

"After we take a complete inventory, we will re-open the online store."

I am going to go buy some stuff from the online store when it opens to help support them. I hope everyone else does the same.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

"After we take a complete inventory, we will re-open the online store."
    I am going to go buy some stuff from the online store when it opens to help support them. I hope everyone else does the same.

Yep, hoping they still have hoodies with this year's design. Even if we didn't have the show, it was a good logo.

#5 4 years ago

Yes, definitely not their fault. They are losing big money because of this already, I hope 2021 is the best year ever and we should support them for sure.

#6 4 years ago

TPF will still take a financial hit from canceling the venue and such. People who are willing to allow their passes to transfer will help keep TPF alive. Also if people step up and buy the TPF 2020 merchandise that will help as well.

Save TPF!

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

TPF will still take a financial hit from canceling the venue and such. People who are willing to allow their passes to transfer will help keep TPF alive. Also if people step up and buy the TPF 2020 merchandise that will help as well.
    Save TPF!

Screenshot_20200312-150258~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200312-150258~3 (resized).png
    #8 4 years ago

It's been a dream to get to this show from Michigan some day. This whole dilemma inspires me to make it a priority for 2021. I'll be checking back to buy something from the online store to help support.

Thank you for helping the pinball community in so many ways!

#9 4 years ago

Can someone post a link to the online store...I won’t be attending this anytime but I would like to help it survive with a purchase or two.

#10 4 years ago

I was not going this year, but would happily buy from the online store of 2020 merch (I am guessing they have a ton of it) in order to support.

I did see that cointaker started a Gofundme for TPF (was 35k, then knocked back to 25k, and now 10k) and am not a fan of that. We still need to remember that this is a business. Happy to support, but the gofundme stuff has gotten way out of hand (esp when TPF even said they needed time to do stuff before issuing refunds and figuring stuff out) Hoping that TPF did not authorize cointaker to be doing that.

#11 4 years ago

I bought a weekend pass and they can keep it warm for me. See you in 2021!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/support-tpf-dont-request-a-refund?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.