New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 278042)

Supernatural homebrew pinball

By Wolfmarsh

35 days ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by Wolfmarsh
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7ca2cd56-fc96-4a36-bc2a-86e7db05e51d_1.6979fd22abcf006151ec340bf43b866d (resized).jpeg
    410784282_2f0e2e5081 (resized).jpg

#1 35 days ago

It's time to start up my second homebrew game after Spaceballs, so I decided to go for one of my favorite TV shows, Supernatural. They are in their 15th and final season now, and the entire run has been fantastic. There's so much material to do for the game, I'm really excited.

I'll be taking a playfield designed by another homebrew friend, Swizzlefish, and utilizing that as the foundation for the game.

I've already got a lot of modes and gameplay ideas, but I would love to hear from fans of the show. Any cool ideas or must haves in the game?

This one should go a little faster than spaceballs since I already have a lot of the process worked out.

#2 35 days ago

Oh hell yes!

#3 35 days ago

Long overdue title....
    Great TV series !
    Will you be posting progress as you go?

#4 35 days ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Long overdue title....
    Great TV series !
    Will you be posting progress as you go?

Yeah definitely! The plan is to get the cabinet and a first cut of the playfield done over winter.

#5 35 days ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yeah definitely! The plan is to get the cabinet and a first cut of the playfield done over winter

Following your build, looking forward to Oct 8 when they start wrapping up the series

#7 35 days ago

I was hooked from the first show. Sadly, I had to take a break around season 9. Might go back some day.

Good luck with the build, I'll be following!

410784282_2f0e2e5081 (resized).jpg
    #8 35 days ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

...I had to take a break around season 9.

9 & 10 are great

#9 34 days ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Following your build, looking forward to Oct 8 when they start wrapping up the series

Me too! I'm so sad to see it end.

Quoted from RonSS:

I was hooked from the first show. Sadly, I had to take a break around season 9. Might go back some day.
    Good luck with the build, I'll be following![quoted image]

Definitely go back and check it out. I really enjoyed around that time as TheLaw says.

#10 34 days ago

YES!! Will be following along, good luck on the build!

#11 34 days ago

Make 2 at the same time , that way you won't have too make me one later
    .....lol

#12 34 days ago

Dont forget Baby

7ca2cd56-fc96-4a36-bc2a-86e7db05e51d_1.6979fd22abcf006151ec340bf43b866d (resized).jpeg
    #13 33 days ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Dont forget Baby
    [quoted image]

Baby is definitely in.

So many great lines and clips across the years, not to mention the soundtrack is great. The game is practically begging for a killer sound system.

#14 33 days ago

So many possibilities here. Obviously there needs to be saving the world from the apocalypse (seasons 1-5). We definitely need a lot of Crowley. How about some kind of mode where the angels fall from heaven? I would so want this pinball!

#15 33 days ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

So many great lines and clips across the years, not to mention the soundtrack is great.

Carry on my wayward son!

#16 32 days ago

The player numbers could be names,,,,
    Agent Plant & Agent Page.

1 week later
    #17 19 days ago

you beat me to it.......My wife and I had started a design for one to do after my TRON pinball (just started working on publicly). I feel like everyone who does these always has a few planned....Hahahahaha! Even had playfield art and some things modeled. Ah well.....Excited to see where you take it!

#18 19 days ago
    Quoted from WizardPinball:

you beat me to it.......My wife and I had started a design for one to do after my TRON pinball (just started working on publicly). I feel like everyone who does these always has a few planned....Hahahahaha! Even had playfield art and some things modeled. Ah well.....Excited to see where you take it!

hey no one said "there can be only one" (that's a different theme I'm working on). make your own version if you want.

#19 19 days ago

This theme would be on my wife’s “Shut up and take my money” list. Such a fun show.

Quoted from BorgDog:

hey no one said "there can be only one" (that's a different theme I'm working on). make your own version if you want.

I was just thinking about the music for that one this morning.

#20 19 days ago

Your game definitely needs to get "posse magnet" in there somehow, would be a great mode or an actual, you know, magnet. And a pie, lots of pie. Pie Frenzy! There are so many great, hilarious lines and material, I can't imagine how you'd be able to comb through it all!

I'm only on season 7. I figure it'll take me another decade to finish. Something to look forward to, I guess.

#21 19 days ago
    Quoted from WizardPinball:

There's definitely room for multiple games around supernatural!!

Don't let my take on the game stop you from doing yours!

Quoted from canea:

I can't imagine how you'd be able to comb through it all!

Yeah I've started the long process of rewatching every episode and taking notes/clips for game assets. There's so much.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 132.00
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 164.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Playfield - Other
    Gameroom Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 12.95
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    € 279.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 229.99
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside