Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TRAMD
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7AC69C7F-11A3-466B-8E67-57AE24BD22D7 (resized).png
    155D6257-3A9C-469F-8517-B9D320D6AC4C (resized).jpeg
    2192C384-CC57-4855-8C7D-1B324C21E323.gif
    I Know It's Really MB (resized).jpg
    CA902631-3D2D-4E85-A4F0-260B05C97E7F (resized).jpeg
    more_michael.jpg
    superman3.gif
    hot.gif
    ED4FD2CC-0D46-4895-8C45-4CCFB712E11E (resized).jpeg
    31-years-after-it-hit-theater-kneel-before-5-things-you-may-not-know-about-superman-ii (resized).jpg
    ned-beatty-otis-gene-hackman-christopher-reeve-superman-1978 (resized).jpg
    Superman 78 - CABINET LEFT fb COMP (resized).jpg
    Superman 78 - Backglass B fb COMP (resized).jpg
    Superman 78 - Backglass A fb COMP (resized).jpg
    Superman 78 - Backbox fb COMP (resized).jpg
    SUPERMAN Game Mock Up FULL fb COMP (resized).jpg

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

It is The Slap Save Pinball Podcast's privilege to post these on behalf of our friend and podcast partner Christopher Franchi.

SUPERMAN Game Mock Up FULL fb COMP (resized).jpgSUPERMAN Game Mock Up FULL fb COMP (resized).jpgSuperman 78 - Backbox fb COMP (resized).jpgSuperman 78 - Backbox fb COMP (resized).jpgSuperman 78 - Backglass A fb COMP (resized).jpgSuperman 78 - Backglass A fb COMP (resized).jpgSuperman 78 - Backglass B fb COMP (resized).jpgSuperman 78 - Backglass B fb COMP (resized).jpgSuperman 78 - CABINET LEFT fb COMP (resized).jpgSuperman 78 - CABINET LEFT fb COMP (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Cool

#3 4 years ago

Looks great so far...

#4 4 years ago

Nice art!

Congratulations, ForceFlow!

#5 4 years ago

These look great. Was really wanting this pin.

#6 4 years ago

Wasn’t this supposed to be a rumored stern pin? Is this not stern art?

#7 4 years ago

Otisburgh Multiball? I'm in. Best Superman ever, Zod better be part of it.

#8 4 years ago

Just for clarification.

Chris Franchi made these as part of a proposal but there wasn't deemed to be enough enthusiasm for the property to move forward with the title. We would not be releasing the photos otherwise.

#9 4 years ago

Note the playfield is just a placeholder and not represented in the drawings.

#10 4 years ago

Greatest Superman of all time!! Looks fantastic!

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Chris Franchi made these as part of a proposal but there wasn't deemed to be enough enthusiasm for the property to move forward with the title.

Well to that I have to say, crappola. Stern needs to do a Superman pin based on the first 2.

31-years-after-it-hit-theater-kneel-before-5-things-you-may-not-know-about-superman-ii (resized).jpg31-years-after-it-hit-theater-kneel-before-5-things-you-may-not-know-about-superman-ii (resized).jpgned-beatty-otis-gene-hackman-christopher-reeve-superman-1978 (resized).jpgned-beatty-otis-gene-hackman-christopher-reeve-superman-1978 (resized).jpg

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Just for clarification.
    Chris Franchi made these as part of a proposal but there wasn't deemed to be enough enthusiasm for the property to move forward with the title. We would not be releasing the photos otherwise.

I thought Stern shot down his proposal of Beetlejuice. Wasn't aware Superman was rejected as well. No wonder he seems pissed at Stern.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

These look great. Not to mention that curved wire form loop.

LOL, that's just a blurred Spider-Man playfield.

#14 4 years ago

Damn it, I was actually about to buy a NIB Stern!

#15 4 years ago

It looks great but I think Stern was right, it probably would not sell well.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from thundergod76:

I thought Stern shot down his proposal of Beetlejuice. Wasn't aware Superman was rejected as well. No wonder he seems pissed at Stern.

It's not his job to do unpaid spec work before a licensing deal is done. It's not his job to propose potential games. That's on him. Stern licenses properties, then hires an artist to do the art package.

That being said, I find it BONKERS that no one at Stern thinks Beetlejuice is worth doing. On theme alone, it would be their next Ghostbusters. Massive massive classic Tim Burton fan base out there...the film has amazing Danny Elfman music and tons of great quotes and weird creatures. Could be a perfect game and a big seller.

#17 4 years ago

I would buy it!!! Oh man, I was so excited for this game.........This just ruined my day.

#18 4 years ago

Well that just counts as a crappy late April Fool's joke then.....

Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Just for clarification.

#19 4 years ago

Superman fits sterns target audience. I grew up watching this and think it’s a great theme. Much better theme than Munsters, Iron Maiden or even Beatles.

#20 4 years ago

So beautiful, was hoping Eddy’s team was making this. I love this theme, Jaws not so much.

#21 4 years ago

I guess I need to listen to the slap save podcast now.

#22 4 years ago

It will forever be in the fortress of solitude.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gritty:

Hell yea you do. Its awesome.

#24 4 years ago

I think it's safe to say JAWS is a lock now.

#25 4 years ago

That thing Is sexy as hell i would have loved to seen this game produced with that art I would have been interested in this title if it played good.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I hope so
    Had no interest in any sort of Superman...

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gritty:

We'd appreciate you giving us a shot. Either way, I'm just thrilled to have Chris on the show with us and honored he allowed us to post these jaw dropping photos.

It goes without saying I would have owned one... without a doubt.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

It goes without saying I would have owned one... without a doubt.

Me too. Damn.
    Perfect TILT scene too!!

ED4FD2CC-0D46-4895-8C45-4CCFB712E11E (resized).jpegED4FD2CC-0D46-4895-8C45-4CCFB712E11E (resized).jpeg

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Me too. Damn.
    Perfect TILT scene too!!
    [quoted image]

Ha! Absolutely!

#30 4 years ago

This was the only stern title I was looking forward to or even considering. Guess I'm waiting only for toy story and gnr now.

#31 4 years ago

Wow...how good is that!

#32 4 years ago

Awwwww.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Superman fits sterns target audience. I grew up watching this and think it’s a great theme. Much better theme than Munsters, Iron Maiden or even Beatles.

Dead on.

Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I just don't get this. I liked Jaws and all, but it seems a little lack luster to me.

No matter, no NIB for me anyway.

#34 4 years ago

That art looks great and that theme would have been perfect for me. Stern must have some killer themes lined up if they're passing on Beetlejuice and Superman.

#35 4 years ago

I think Stern was wise to pass on this to be honest. I have a soft spot for these movies, watched them as a kid (I was born in '77) and Christopher Reeve is still the definitive Superman for me. But ... I don't think they've aged that well for modern audiences. It's a funny match with with what DC is doing now, the scenes are going to look dated a bit corny on an LCD, and don't scream "pinball moments" to me.

Beetlejuice would be a much better game to hang rule sets and theme on if I was picking 'rejected Franchi games'.

Ah well, thanks for sharing, still fun.

#36 4 years ago

So releases possible
    Catwoman ( b66 retheme )
    Jaws
    Tron
    Elvira 3
    Godzilla...

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Not any time soon if at all

#38 4 years ago

Valerie Perrine was hot.

#39 4 years ago

I would of bought but not till code done!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bartzenegger:

I would of bought but not till code done!

LMAO at complaining about code on a game that will never be made.

SHowin' those Stern bean counters you mean business!

#41 4 years ago

Superman could work. There has been Superman movies/tv shows for decades all the way through just a few years ago. Not as popular as all the Marvel stuff now but plenty of nostalgia there for guys that grew up in the 70's like me. Rather see retro, corny Superman than a lot of other themes people are asking for. Fantastic music, great villains, lots of superpowers, multiple movies so lots of material - plenty to make a fun pin with a little effort.

#42 4 years ago

All BS and drama aside...this is awesome, thanks for posting.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It's not his job to do unpaid spec work before a licensing deal is done. It's not his job to propose potential games. That's on him. Stern licenses properties, then hires an artist to do the art package.
    That being said, I find it BONKERS that no one at Stern thinks Beetlejuice is worth doing. On theme alone, it would be their next Ghostbusters. Massive massive classic Tim Burton fan base out there...the film has amazing Danny Elfman music and tons of great quotes and weird creatures. Could be a perfect game and a big seller.

Really?
    Beattlejuice would sell nearly as close as Ghostbusters?

#44 4 years ago

Wonder how many licenses Stern get and don't use, because they don't make the final cut?

#45 4 years ago

Did Stern ok the release of this art?

#46 4 years ago

If I was a Superman 77 fan, I’d just buy a poster and a old lunchbox to display and call it a day.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Did Stern ok the release of this art?

Just Franchi lighting bridges on fire. The rest of the podcast
    is just him ripping on Pinsiders who questioned him in the Franchi
    thread. He fell out of the tree at TPF and has been hitting every
    branch on the way down. IMO, of course. Rest of the non Franchi podcast is
    awesome tho.

#48 4 years ago

Anyone else think this could be a sneaky way of firing up conversation and seeing / gauging reactions.....

#49 4 years ago

I'm guessing this one and the Beetlejuice ones were concepts that he was not paid for, since Stern did not use them. He has the right to share them as part of his portfolio like any other concept work...and Stern has the right to no longer use his services.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

If I was a Superman 77 fan, I’d just buy a poster and a old lunchbox to display and call it a day.

Well considering the date uv posted u would also be alone.

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superman-78-photos?hl=looking4firstpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.