Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 264 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 10.34.01 AM (resized).png
    downloadfile (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    nicolas-cage-ghost-rider-voodoo (resized).jpg
    tdoslwh (resized).jpg
    la-et-hc-superman-screen-costume-nic-cage-video (resized).jpg
    supermanfleischerstudios.0207 (resized).jpg
    watch (resized).jpg
    Approved_by_the_Comics_Code_Authority (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1cb29d7deb77a8c91e1e3b9fd0d59810 (resized).jpg
    1305_SBR_SLIDE1.jpg.CROP.original-original (resized).jpg
    Krypto (resized).jpg
    2d0f4bbc7149065acb9b119d17daf063 (resized).jpg
    SROS SFNE (resized).JPG
    images (resized).jpg
    There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 5 years ago

Read quickly through TWIP (http://thisweekinpinball.com/), and I know there are A LOT of great titles available now and upcoming - but when I read that there is a rumored SUPERMAN 1978 title from Stern and the thought that Christopher Franchi might do that art. Very exciting!

SUPERMAN (resized).jpgSUPERMAN (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

That would be pretty cool, actually. I actually like Cavill over Reeves, but man...that Atari Superman is a big ol turd, and the license deserves better than that. Surprised given the general appeal it hasn't already been done by now.

#3 5 years ago

Shoot the ball into a phone booth, the door closes, and when it reopens a powerball kicks out.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Shoot the ball into a phone booth, the door closes, and when it reopens a powerball kicks out.

I'm so in for this idea. LOL.

*goes and patents a dual function scoop/divert to subway mech with an attached 1-ball trough that loads from the orbit when the PB goes into the drain. Kind of like how Stern fed the balls into the ark for IJ4*

#5 5 years ago

Don't you mean a Navi ball?

#6 5 years ago

A dream theme.

#7 5 years ago

Probably the best Super Hero movie ever. Superman and Superman II would provide a wealth of quality material.

#8 5 years ago

I'd be ALL in on this.

#9 5 years ago

Interested. Reeve was my daughter's first crush... when she was like 5. Classic movie though. Tons of lines you can pull from it.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Tons of lines you can pull from it.

Here's hoping they can actually use the dialog & iconic music too.

#11 5 years ago

Superman wouldn't be an instant buy for me but I would be very interested in it if done right the game could be great lots of potential.

#12 5 years ago

This is pretty much the only Superman version I've enjoyed. I think it would be pretty cool.

#13 5 years ago

Probably the theme that would actually make me consider the jump from premium to LE. Except Jaws, of course. That one is the ONE. But 1978 Superman is with John Williams score would be friggin' amazing.

#14 5 years ago

I should mention however that I thought I was ALL in on SW to before I seen it. Lesson learned is there is no theme that is a guarantee, but SW and superman are definitely my top two.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I should mention however that I thought I was ALL in on SW to before I seen it. Lesson learned is there is no theme that is a guarantee, but SW and superman are definitely my top two.

Umm...I think SW premium/LE rocks.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

Umm...I think SW premium/LE rocks.

Not arguing if it's s fun game. It's just not what I was overly excited for and hoping for. I was overall disappointed. Game is still cool, but it went from a must have LE reservation to I'll find a used premium someday maybe. My point is SW is my favorite theme, and if I was able to pass on it, then all other themes can be passed on if game doesn't wow me.

#17 5 years ago

Nostalgia can be a real money maker -- who knows how many of us 40-50 year olds with money to spend are waiting for that dream theme that takes us back. . .

Batman 66, Superman 78, What would come next? The A-Team 83? Back to the Future 85? Mad Max 80? (technically '79, but I think it was '80 in the US).

I'd be tempted by any of those and more. . .

#18 5 years ago

Back to the future = sell whatever I have and take my money.

add Jaws to that list too.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

This idea is pretty badass.

#20 5 years ago

We need a Jaws pin!

#21 5 years ago

"Hey man, whoa... That's a bad outfit" multiball

#22 5 years ago

I'm in for the "Luthor, Otis, and Miss Tessmacher" LE

#23 5 years ago

I'd like to see what kind of visual they could come up with on the Ice Cave Crystals.

That and the red eye beams. . . stick a couple laser pointers in there moving across the playfield for a cool light show.

#24 5 years ago

The MUST have a crystal toy set with footage of Brando. Some kind of projection or perhaps an Ecto Goggles like trick.

#25 5 years ago

That would be cool for sure. Though it would be even better if they could include some of II in there as well. We need some General Zod!

#26 5 years ago

Instead of a standard spinner; it's a piece of polycarbonate set at a oblong angle:

and then add the ecto-googles technology.

#27 5 years ago

Holding out for Wonder Woman '77....instant buy, the property already exists in comic form from the same Batman 66 licensers. Not holding my breath however....

#28 5 years ago

The 1978 Superman was the worst superhero movie ever made, bar none.

Tell me I'm wrong:

#29 5 years ago

Gotta say I would be in too!

#30 5 years ago

Ball leaps over buildings. Or hit a target and a superman model flys to the other side. Gotta get way out the of the box though. Make right unlike Star Wars. Sorry.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Sometimes retrospect wins over reality.

A lot of my memories consist of better scenarios than what actually happened.

#32 5 years ago

Dream theme for me. I'd buy this one in a heartbeat.

#34 5 years ago

I've been working out - bar slide multiball.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Tell me I'm wrong:
    » YouTube video

Lol, you're not wrong Walter.....

#36 5 years ago

They say we could not make a movie worse than Superman, gentlemen are we up for the challenge?

8e2ca267cb947e2c25ae1822d022139b (resized).png8e2ca267cb947e2c25ae1822d022139b (resized).png

#37 5 years ago

All I know is these movies never even came close to the TV series.

adventures-superman-tv-series-never-knew_featured (resized).jpgadventures-superman-tv-series-never-knew_featured (resized).jpg

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Tell me I'm wrong:
    » YouTube video

Probably the best, actually. Inspired many young directors who made superhero movies later in life, like Raimi.

#39 5 years ago

Here's one scene that will forever be etched in my brain.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from zeddex:

Holding out for Wonder Woman '77....instant buy, the property already exists in comic form from the same Batman 66 licensers. Not holding my breath however....

Ohhhhh man... That would be a sweet, sweet pin... I would have to get that to my collection... But, I don't know if it would ever happen.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Inspired many young directors who made superhero movies later in life, like Raimi.

It inspired other directors because they figured, hey if that piece of crap can get made, there is no way I could do worse.

I will give the movie credit for having the first transgendered woman in a major Hollywood movie, Margot Kidder.

MV5BMjlhOWVlNzctZDQ2ZS00NDBhLWFlMGYtMGU1OTk0MDZlMmFjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BMjlhOWVlNzctZDQ2ZS00NDBhLWFlMGYtMGU1OTk0MDZlMmFjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_ (resized).jpg

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It inspired other directors because they figured, hey if that piece of crap can get made, there is no way I could do worse.

I was 16 when this came out and none of my friends or myself cared or wanted to see it.

However bringing in a big star like Marlon Brando probably saved it from becoming the box office flop it probably should have been.

#43 5 years ago

So, who remembers the picture from a few years ago with Gary Stern at his desk and a big poster of Superman in the background. There were also a few more hints to Superman. I think this was 3 or 4 years ago. So I’m guessing the title has been on the table for a while and would expect it to be a pretty good rumor.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Tell me I'm wrong:
    » YouTube video

I love that scene... I'm 47 years old. What can I say, great memories and music score

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

They say we could not make a movie worse than Superman, gentlemen are we up for the challenge?

The first one, and the parts filmed for the second one at the same time were great. Yes, III is terrible. II is also pretty bad but there are some good moments, but it still sucks. Don't even mention IV quest for peace.

But the first one rocks!

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I will give the movie credit for having the first transgendered woman in a major Hollywood movie, Margot Kidder.

Dude, thats kind of cruel

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

No disrespect to pinside folks but that was pretty funny

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Dude, thats kind of cruel

Big hands, big feet, adams apple and the voice of a truck driver.

C'mon, who was fooled, even back then?

And of course, that calls into question Superman's sexuality, as he could use his x-ray vision and see her junk.

Obviously, no newspaper reporter is going to be able to afford a $1,000,000 dollar penthouse apartment, unless they are providing services to a very specific clientele on the side.

#49 5 years ago

I am picturing aftermarket toppers already.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Or,

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#50 5 years ago

677917 (resized).jpg677917 (resized).jpg

There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superman-1978-rumor?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.