Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 264 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 10.34.01 AM (resized).png
    downloadfile (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    nicolas-cage-ghost-rider-voodoo (resized).jpg
    tdoslwh (resized).jpg
    la-et-hc-superman-screen-costume-nic-cage-video (resized).jpg
    supermanfleischerstudios.0207 (resized).jpg
    watch (resized).jpg
    Approved_by_the_Comics_Code_Authority (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1cb29d7deb77a8c91e1e3b9fd0d59810 (resized).jpg
    1305_SBR_SLIDE1.jpg.CROP.original-original (resized).jpg
    Krypto (resized).jpg
    2d0f4bbc7149065acb9b119d17daf063 (resized).jpg
    SROS SFNE (resized).JPG
    images (resized).jpg
    There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Big hands, big feet, adams apple and the voice of a truck driver.
    C'mon, who was fooled, even back then?
    And of course, that calls into question Superman's sexuality, as he could use his x-ray vision and see her junk.
    Obviously, no newspaper reporter is going to be able to afford a $1,000,000 dollar penthouse apartment, unless they are providing services to a very specific clientele on the side.

Now you're just being a jerk.

#102 5 years ago

Loved it when the crooks shot bullets at Superman and he just stood there with the bullets bouncing off his chest...

And then once the gun was empty, they threw the gun at Superman and...... he ducked.

Quoted from o-din:

All I know is these movies never even came close to the TV series.

#103 5 years ago

That movie is so dumb.

If Superman could simply fly around a planet so fast that he could turn time backwards, then time travel would be an easy way to fix ANY problem.

Why did the other **supermen** not just fly around Krypton and save that planet too?

#104 5 years ago

I’d be pretty stoked. One of my all time favorite movies for sure. Haters be damned!

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That movie is so dumb.
    If Superman could simply fly around a planet so fast that he could turn time backwards, then time travel would be an easy way to fix ANY problem.
    Why did the other **supermen** not just fly around Krypton and save that planet too?
    » YouTube video

Because on Krypton they were just mere men with no superpowers my man. And ever hear of a little thing called the prime directive, even Superman has his time travel morals...unlike the Flash lol.

#106 5 years ago

To me Superman represents man at his finest, and nobody filled his boots like Reeves despite the shitty plots! And nobody ever will! Reeves gave him the heart that the comic books just couldn't seem to do.

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Nobody better say shit about Condorman!

I watched that movie a bazillion times when i was a kid.....loved the music and the car chases

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That movie is so dumb.
    » YouTube video

There are no other supermen.
    Kryptonians seed our sun for that.

Everyone knows that!!! DUH!!!

#109 5 years ago

If they were to make a SuperMan pin could they (Stern or whomever) utilize a magnet type like that of Draculas mist mode? Something similar.

#110 5 years ago

If they do a Superman game the cab better be made out of kryptonite, else his balls would fly left & right out trough the plywood!

#111 5 years ago

Is the rumor that Stern will create a title "Superman 1978", or just "Superman"? I sure hope they don't attach the awkward year to the title.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Is the rumor that Stern will create a title "Superman 1978", or just "Superman"? I sure hope they don't attach the awkward year to the title.

Like they did with BM66?

#113 5 years ago

I could see this being their next super le. Start getting those videos ready for submission.

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That movie is so dumb.
    » YouTube video

Because only the yellow sun from earth gives them super powers duh! They are normal people on Krypton.

#115 5 years ago

I wonder if by turning back time on Earth, it put us out of sync with the rest of the universe?

That might explain what is going on now....

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Like they did with BM66?

I thought that show was actually called Batman ‘66...did Stern just add that on? If so, I don’t like that either. Wonder why they didn’t do Star Wars ‘77?

#117 5 years ago

I'd be OK with a Superman IV theme.

But seriously, how about Stern just work on Leg Bolt Brackets of Steel before they start trying to make a Man of Steel, amirite!!!?!?

super-3 (resized).jpgsuper-3 (resized).jpg

#118 5 years ago

The turning back time trick worked in the context of the movie. He wasn't allowed by his Kryptonian father to interfere in human history, but he choose to anyway to save Lois. That's the setup between the two fathers that he hears as he flies up into the clouds.

He rejects his more divine nature (represented by Jor-El) to follow his humanity (represented by Pa Kent).

Essentially, Superman allows himself to be selfish in this one moment. And that is the heart of the movie.

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

I thought that show was actually called Batman ‘66...did Stern just add that on? If so, I don’t like that either. Wonder why they didn’t do Star Wars ‘77?

Batman '66 is used as a marketing tool these days to represent new items based on the original TV show. There are comic books, animated movies, games (like the pinball) that use this term, to differentiate from other incarnations of Batman.

#120 5 years ago

I get people hating this movie based on pacing of a 1978 movie, or the ridiculous bending of the rules at the end. But, to me, this is the best super hero movie of all time. I think reeve just nails it, and I like how the movie focuses way more on his strength of character than any of his powers.

-ben

#121 5 years ago

Reading through this thread makes me want to rearead miracleman now.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#122 5 years ago

I love that movies as well along with their really great theme song.
    I'd propably be on board with that!

#123 5 years ago

Yeah! I can hear the music for when the ball is ready to plunge now... then you plunge and it kicks in to the theme. So awesome!

Plus think of the just awesome ramps and wireforms you could have to simulate the ball flying around the PF.

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I wonder if by turning back time on Earth, it put us out of sync with the rest of the universe?
    That might explain what is going on now....

Hey Vid...lol

3416381-6369232606-super (resized).jpg3416381-6369232606-super (resized).jpg

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

One of the best superhero comics ever written! Along with Moore's other masterpiece, Swamp Thing and Frank Miller's run on Daredevil.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

One of the best superhero comics ever written! Along with Moore's other masterpiece, Swamp Thing and Frank Miller's run on Daredevil.

I would include Moore's "Watchmen" and Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns".

#127 5 years ago

I love the Superman films (okay, IV not so much)!

They have some clunky elements (Clark bangs Lois on a silver bean bag for Christ’s sake), but the performances, music and tone are genuinely sincere.

With Franchi on the art, I can almost see this game already. Count me in!

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I would include Moore's "Watchmen" and Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns".

Both great. I would rank Moore’s ‘The Killing Joke’ up there. I remember where I was when I read that. A total game changer.

#129 5 years ago

ta-poster (resized).jpgta-poster (resized).jpg

#131 5 years ago

Ahh that was horrible lol

#132 5 years ago

Looks like Turkish Spiderman has some superfriends lol

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Quoted from gmkalos:

Superman has his time travel morals

Haha...that struck me funny even as an 11 year old. Reversing the rotation of the Earth does not reverse time...what a bizzare concept.

Quoted from Sinestro:

The turning back time trick worked in the context of the movie. He wasn't allowed by his Kryptonian father to interfere in human history, but he choose to anyway to save Lois.

So if we go with the time reversal thing (lol) since he has now broken his "prime directive" to save Lois...he's sort of trapped himself going forward.

25 years into the future: DOCTOR - "Sorry Lois you have terminal skin cancer and we give you about 3 months to live. Had we caught this a couple years ago we could have cured you". SUPERMAN - "couple years you said?" (In a thought bubble..."Well shit...couple years...I'm really going to have to go fast for this one").

#134 5 years ago

I would like to see something more comic based. with rgb lighting now, you can easily add in the different colors of kryptonite and have really cool effects (green and weaker coils, etc).

I am a huge Superman fan. here is a picture of a kiddie ride that i have. (fyi, this picture is just one pulled from the internet, but mine is the same ride)

9566792848_ddd179019f_b.jpg9566792848_ddd179019f_b.jpg

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Back when the Alan Moore issues came out in the USA I thought David Cronenberg would have been a great Director for an MM movie with a younger Ed Harris starring...

#136 5 years ago

In kryptonite mode your flippers have to go weak and/or not hold in the up position.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Haha...that struck me funny even as an 11 year old. Reversing the rotation of the Earth does not reverse time...what a bizzare concept.

He's not rotating the earth backward, he's traveling backward through time, and from his (and the audience's) perspective, the Earth is rotating backward.

Quoted from Astropin:

So if we go with the time reversal thing (lol) since he has now broken his "prime directive" to save Lois...he's sort of trapped himself going forward.
    25 years into the future: DOCTOR - "Sorry Lois you have terminal skin cancer and we give you about 3 months to live. Had we caught this a couple years ago we could have cured you". SUPERMAN - "couple years you said?" (In a thought bubble..."Well shit...couple years...I'm really going to have to go fast for this one").

Seriously dude, you're overthinking it.

#138 5 years ago

I've been saying that i would not buy another NIB Stern,
    but i would buy this game

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

No, you're wrong. Original Fantastic 4. The worst. Hands down.
    » YouTube video

That FF is still better than the last flaming turd they made with that name!!

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The 1978 Superman was the worst superhero movie ever made, bar none.
    Tell me I'm wrong:
    » YouTube video

Completely agree. I will never understand why many people consider it a "classic." It sucked when it first came out, and it sucks even more now.

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

He's not rotating the earth backward, he's traveling backward through time, and from his (and the audience's) perspective, the Earth is rotating backward.

What? That's the first time I EVER heard that concept. Still doesn't work. How does one travel backwards in time by going fast? You can get "time dilation" by going faster and faster...really kicks in as you approach light speed. But...still doesn't reverse time.

Quoted from Sinestro:

Seriously dude, you're overthinking it.

lol...that's what I do...just ask my family. Like I said it struck me funny when I was 11.

#142 5 years ago

For me, the iconic image of Superman is by Alex Ross, not Christopher Reeve.

It's more of a throwback to the 1930's, squinty-eyed look of the Max Fleischer cartoons & the original comics. The brawn & huskiness of his over-sized large frame. That elder-aged face that reflects wisdom, virtue, and the responsibility of carrying the burdens of the world on his shoulders. One look at that face & you can see the depth going on inside. Kingdom Come is still one of my favorite graphic novels of all time.

ALEXROSS (resized).jpgALEXROSS (resized).jpg

With that said, if this pin does happen, you can bet it will be a Kapow licence, with Christopher Reeves Franchi art based on the slot machine/early films. Nothing wrong with that either, as there's a lot of cool stuff they can do with this theme.

If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it

#143 5 years ago

Avatar changed! Kneel before Zod and make me this pinball machine Stern!

88D4D097-3009-4E6A-8B14-367EEEA6D4EB (resized).jpeg88D4D097-3009-4E6A-8B14-367EEEA6D4EB (resized).jpeg

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

What? That's the first time I EVER heard that concept. Still doesn't work. How does one travel backwards in time by going fast? You can get "time dilation" by going faster and faster...really kicks in as you approach light speed. But...still doesn't reverse time.

Obviously you haven't heard it before, otherwise you wouldn't be regurgitating the old "rotating the Earth backwards" thing.

Superman can break the time barrier by flying super fast. This was well established in the Silver Age comics, on which this movie was based.

Obviously we're talking about fantasy, but it was well established.

#145 5 years ago

Superman can supposedly fly at 13 times the speed of light.

Of course, we have all known since the 1920's that nothing can exceed the speed of light (you know, Relativity and all that).

So even children's comic book writers from the 1940's should have known basic science.

-

Even funnier, Lois Lane has died 52 friggin' times already.

That's a lot of spinning the earth backwards....

savelois (resized).jpgsavelois (resized).jpg

Lois_Lane_102 (resized).jpgLois_Lane_102 (resized).jpg

cloissplashpagesann2 (resized).jpgcloissplashpagesann2 (resized).jpg

lois-dead-again (resized).jpglois-dead-again (resized).jpg

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Of course, we have all known since the 1920's that nothing can exceed the speed of light (you know, Relativity and all that).
    So even children's comic book writers from the 1940's should have known basic science.
    -

First thing is mathematecally possible trought tunelling, second thing is comic book logic.

#147 5 years ago

Having grown up in the 70s, the picture below is the real Superman to me. George Reeves was a manly Superman.

I hated the Superman movie when it came out and it has not aged like a fine wine to say the least. I doubt Stern would make a mistake like this but if they do I will still be happy for two reasons. First, I wouldn't want to disappoint the 200 people who would buy this game and second, it would save me $7300.

gr_ (resized).jpggr_ (resized).jpg

#148 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

-

why is he fighting Sean Conery from Zardoz?
    superman 281

#149 5 years ago

It would definitely need some Richard Pryor in there to be loyal to the original movie franchise. He was an early computer hacker, that should be recognized.

Brad

richard_super.jpegrichard_super.jpeg

#150 5 years ago

Pryor was the WORST person to make a "hacker" you can almost see him cracking a smile every time he's pretending to do something on the computer lol

There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superman-1978-rumor/page/3?hl=pinmagnet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.