(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #681 Code file structure Posted by rick6668 (2 years ago)

Post #682 Code & wav sound file structure Posted by rick6668 (2 years ago)

Post #683 File modification & backup instructions Posted by rick6668 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Any consensus on going home model versus commercial? I am going to be pulling the trigger on one of these shortly and I like the way arcade games look/feel with the coin mech.

There is no difference in the actual game whether you get a coin mech or not so nothing will "feel" different. Just a matter of whether you want to pay to have a coin mech that you will wind up not using at all! The one benefit to a coin mech is, if you ever go to sell the game you have a broader audience to sell to as you may get an operator that wants one for a route.

Quoted from Pauz21:

I don't want to bastardize this thread but as much as I want one a chexx machine is a little out of my range. I'm looking at jett power stick machine for a good price. But can't find any videos of them. Anyone familiar with them?

If you're buying new then why not take the 1700 (CDN) and buy a used Chexx game? You can get one for 1700. The Jett games aren't built nearly as well as the Chexx

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pauz21:

Any I've seen that aren't trashed are around $2500cdn. This one is $600 and she says its a year old. Hard to argue with the price

Here's what you do ........ send this guy an email offering 1250 (1576 CDN) if he accepts, send me the money I will go pick it up and store it till ReplyFx. You come down and pick it up last week in July, go to ReplayFx for the weekend and then smuggle the Chexx back across the boarder! pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Does the commercial version have an on off switch? How do you turn down the volume?

With the commercial version the switch and volume is on the inside of the unit.

1 month later
    #87 5 years ago
    Quoted from erest888:

Hi Folks! So my pro came and I hooked up all the harnesses, plugged in the ground to the power supply, and plugged it in. I did not secure down the playing surface because I wanted to make sure the scoreboard worked, I had sound, etc before securing every thing down.
    My worst fear was realized. Nothing happened when I plugged in the machine except for a green light which flashed on the motherboard. I hit start, I hit power, I hit test. Nothing. When I unplugged from the wall, the speakers made a pop after a couple of seconds.
    Any thoughts as to what may be the problem?
    Many thanks,
    Ed

Ed,

Whilst I dont have a Pro model I have owned several CHEXX games and can tell you the pop sound is not uncommon. Being that this is a new game you really should be calling ICE with any issues. The game is pretty easy to setup and other issues you're having shouldn't be! Sounds as if something is not plugged in or something is done wrong but without seeing the game it's hard to know! Again call ICE and report back!

2 months later
    #116 5 years ago
    Quoted from Philly76:

Got my machine delivered within 3 weeks of ordering, its awesome. Whats the purpose of the clear plastic film that hangs down from the crossbar? My guess it deadens the puck and prevents bounce-outs?

Correct in your assumption .... prevents "bounce outs"

1 month later
    #184 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

I live about 20 minutes from the ICE factory headquarters, fortunately I know a couple people that work there so when I go there to pick up parts, I always get to tour the factory floor and my first stop is always the Bubble Hockey section of this impressive arcade redemption company. The games they produce are incredible but the old classic that started it all is my favorite section to visit. I came home with a “scratch and dent” new dome and Ice surface from the reject pile. They’re building PROs at a feverish pace to keep up with demand.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting to see in that second picture of yours the Pittsburgh Penguins CHEXX machine has COORS LIGHT on it!

2 months later
    #227 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Looking for some advice from the Bubble hockey pros...I was thinking about getting my kids a Super Chexx Pro for xmas (USA vs. Russia)....any issues with the new builds? Anything I should be aware of? with or without the coin mech?
    Appreciate the feedback

One of the pros to getting a machine with the coin mechs is when you go to sell it you have a broader buyer base. The last Chexx I sold I had a local vendor buy it from me as he needed one for a location ASAP. So he bought the my game for my asking price. If it didn't have the coin mechs then my buyers would've been limited to home buyers only. ....... just a thought!

#229 5 years ago

Also, good idea on USA/CCCP as it's neutral. Neutral in the sense that (again) if you sell it you're not trying to sell a game with specific teams that only a small audience wants. These are just things to think about as some day, more than likely, you will sell the game!

1 year later
    #474 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

1. Do you plug your table into a surge protector or straight into the wall outlet?

I have never plugged mine into a surge protector but it won't hurt to do so.

Quoted from TAZ-284:

2. Would you wipe down the ice surface right away with lemon pledge or wait a little while?
    Last question

Probably best to play it as is and if you feel the play is a little slow then Pledge it.

Quoted from TAZ-284:

3. Is there a scratch protective formula/wax on the market that helps protect the bubble from future scratches?

Typically the prominent scratches you see on Chexx games are people doing it intentionally. In a home environment you shouldn't have this issue. I would recommend purchasing Novus 1 to clean the dome (inside and out) as you don't want to use a cleaner with Amonia or other harsh abrasives as it can cause haziness.

#493 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats going to be a nice upgrade for old Super Chexx owners.

AGREE! I have a 2005 LE (1of100) that I would hate to get rid of but the scoreboard and LEDs are cool. Be interesting to see the cost.

2 weeks later
    #499 3 years ago

Anyone looking to buy a new Chexx. Try using code MJNG9890 to save 50$ On ICE’s site

5 months later
    #517 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Lake Tahoe Edition?! Looks pretty sweet.
    [quoted image]

Thought about driving up for the weekend but from what I read you can't get close to the game or anything. Only folks with credentials. Damn you CoVID

1 month later
    #554 3 years ago
    Quoted from jonboy71:

Question about the base. Are you able to angle this thing and get it inside a 30" doorway? By the design, it looks to me like you should be able to.

YES - Split base is not needed for a 30" door. Basically you lay it on its side then angle it in. You'll have no issue. Best to have two people to do it as it's not heavy, just bulky to do by yourself.

2 weeks later
    #602 3 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

So no one has issues with pooling or clear coat chipping on these?

No, the playfield isn't made by Mirco!

#610 3 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Seems like the base is a pretty common thing people do. I’ll hold off for a bit because I have younger kids and I’m buying this for them too.
    They enjoy playing it as the rink and at $2 a game I figured screw it and bought one.[quoted image]

The kick in the arse is ..... when you take ownership of the new game, congrats btw, that the kids don't play it but still want to play the one at the rink for $2

8 months later
    #767 2 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Sorry but i find it ugly

To each their own ....... BUT I am with you.... it's not something I would want. The cost is asinine as well!

Quoted from ramegoom:

Well, I bit, just had to have it. The cool factor is at the top.
    Ice floor installed, looks fantastic. Made of bomb-proof polycarbonate and fits nicely.
    [quoted image]

$500 for a $60 mat ... I don't know what to say to that!

As for "bomb proof", it's made of "the same material as our signature dome". The same dome that you cant use Windex, anything with ammonia in it, or abrasives. How is that "bomb proof"?

I am curious though as to how it stays in place? If it's made of "the same as the signature dome" one would think the game would slide on it, no?

1 month later
    #802 2 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Arena Rink floor in place. Makes for a well-rounded package.
    [quoted image]

We posted on this before ramegoom! Wanted to ask how the game stays in place? I know you have concrete floors there so do you find that the mat helps keep the machine in place more or less?

Also, when we last posted the price tag was 500$ for it and I see now online that it's 400$.

#804 2 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

The game will slide a bit, but it's because I used felt pads on the corners. Won't scratch the floor with felt. Aside from that, the floor itself stays put and really doesn't move after it's been through the usual crowd.
    Definitely adds to the overall appearance.

Thanks for the post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club?tu=mesz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.