(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #681 Code file structure Posted by rick6668 (2 years ago)

Post #682 Code & wav sound file structure Posted by rick6668 (2 years ago)

Post #683 File modification & backup instructions Posted by rick6668 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heisenberg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 5 years ago

I've had my super Chexx pro for about 6 weeks now and here is overall impression. First off, from the day I ordered it to the day it was delivered was a little over 6 weeks when the Chexx website says normal delivery is 3 to 4 weeks. It was ordered as a birthday present for my 3 sons and it arrived late. Chexx sales was very helpful and sympathetic an actually gave me 2 NHL teams of my choice at no cost because of the unusually long time it took. Awesome!
    So first let me say I believe Chexx is the best Hockey table out there by far. Yes it's expensive but it is a quality product that is built to last and the game play is unmatched. No other hockey table I've played in my life even comes close and I've played on a lot of different tables.
    I owned a SuperChexx model for a while but had to sell it for financial reasons. I came into a little extra cash and I decided to purchase the brand new pro model.
    I purchased the generic deluxe home edition. So the good things about it:
    Again, it's a Chexx. Best table there is by far. The sound is HD quality and the music/commentaries are great. The new LED lights are awesome as well. They've added Blue/Red and strobes that go off during the National anthem and when a goal is scored. Also there are red lights on the net that go on when a goal is scored on that net or both nets light up green at the end of each period. The new Jumbotron is cool but in my opinion doesn't add much to the game. Especially since the generic video's it plays are of the basic blue/red players and if you have NHL teams on your table, it kind of doesn't match up.
    Now the cons I've noticed and most of these I've read about on here and I agree are real issues:
    The Boo button is not the same at all. There seems to be several different boos or comments that will round-robin play when you push the boo button. One is just crowd noise one is crowd jeering, one is an actual crowd boo and then there are a few commentaries that may play that make no sense at all. For example he may say "That one just missed his head" or "Where's the referee". All I want is the classic boo. And the other thing is that the boo will not override another sound if it is playing ( and most of the time there is some sound playing) so you have to wait until that sound is finished before the one of the soundbites will play. That sucks. I could swear in the old SuperChexx model if you hit the boo button, it would override any playing sound and play instantaneously. So its a minor issue but that's just something that they should have kept the way it was.
    Also, there is a humming sound that comes from the speakers if the unit is not unplugged. The power off button does seem to shut the table off, but the humming sound only stops after the table is unplugged. After I unplug the unit, 4 or 5 seconds later it will make a loud pop and then the speakers go silent . I've seen a comment on here about someone having the same issue. I'm not sure if its on the home models only or what. Again not a big deal, but having to unplug it is just annoying.
    And my last complaint is that during the last 20 seconds of a game, the volume seems to increase on its own. It goes up at least 2 audible levels. So if I set the game play sound at a 4, I would say it goes to a level 6 for the remainder of the game. But then the next game it goes back to regular volume until the end of the 3rd again.
    So all in all its still a great table, but honestly the upgrades verses the cons make me believe that the previous Superchexx model is better. Hopefully Chexx will address some of these issues. If anyone has any fixes or has had to deal with the same issues feel free to let me know.

3 months later
    #154 5 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has had luck adding/replacing their own .wav sound bites to the micro SD card yet. I've tried it once and it didn't work. I tried to replace the Russian national anthem wav file with an AC/DC song and use that at the start of the game. The wav file sounded like it was playing at 1/8 the normal speed. I'm thinking, if you replace a wav file that the motherboard thinks should be 1 minute long and your new sound bite isn't the same length, it will slow down the sound bite to cover that 1 minute time frame. I didn't try to cut a wav file again at the same time length so that is just my assumption. I am afraid of messing something up.

4 weeks later
    #190 5 years ago

Pro owners. Look at the video of my home unit and let me know if this is normal or is my system whacky? Doesnt affect game play or anything but is just annoying....

Added over 6 years ago:

Sorry I didn't say this at first, but there is a humming sound coming from the speakers. Even after I press power button off you can still here the humming. It only stops if I pull the plug from the wall or in this case in the video, I turn off surge protector.

#192 5 years ago

I should have been more clear in the description, but there is a humming sound from speakers. When sounds are playing it's not noticeable. But when not playing or even more confusing is when I turn it off via the power button you can still hear it. It only stops if there is no power going to the unti. And it eventually ends with a loud pop and stops.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heisenberg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club?tu=heisenberg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.