1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 406 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by benbjerke
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 97 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3B87FE4E-A347-4D24-AA9B-75846B01EEF2 (resized).jpeg
    83B79B8D-5258-40CF-86CD-2D5D7210B5BC (resized).jpeg
    20190910_083758 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3059 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3104 (resized).JPG
    NUFRONT3 (resized).jpg
    BUDAYLIGHTTEAMREAR (resized).jpg
    BUDAYLIGHTTEAMFRONT (resized).jpg
    NUTEAMREAR (resized).jpg
    NUTEAMFRONT (resized).jpg
    IMG_3192 (resized).jpg
    20190831_144956 (resized).jpg
    super chexx LED (resized).jpg
    20190816_231915.jpg
    20190816_231902.jpg
    2019-07-15_11-11-15 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blitzburgh99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from jcpinny:

I have a question. I just ordered a coin-op super chexx pro for my location at a bar but have never played one or seen one. What is the typical price for a 3 period 1minute per period game? I want to be sure of things before I place it in the bar. Thanks!

I would put it easily divisible by two players. Back in the day, they were mostly 50cents. A quarter each player. Nowadays, depending on what your other pricing is, I would think a dollar per play? 50cents or two quarters per player.

#42 1 year ago

1 minute periods are best. 3-3:30 minutes.. about same as a pinball game lasting?

3 weeks later
    #52 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Exactly the same on my machine.

This is meant to be. The button is used to eject the puck should it not eject properly on a faceoff, or to eject the puck should it fall into the hole during play.

1 month later
    #59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pauz21:

Any I've seen that aren't trashed are around $2500cdn. This one is $600 and she says its a year old. Hard to argue with the price

My prediction: you will be trying to sell that for $600 Jett to buy a Super Chexx in a year. You are correct....Can’t argue the price. Heck...if it’s cheap stick hockey game you want, then look into a benej table hockey.
    But if one wants to argue about playability? Nothing beats a Super Chexx!

1 week later
    #65 1 year ago

Can we get some updated play review from current Pro owners? Specifically on the following:

1) videos. do they grow or grate on you after seeing them over and over? Is there enough variety of them?

2) boo button. Is it responsive enough? Loud enough? Can you affect your opponent psyche by pushing it during play like the original versions?

3) “pinball browser”. Has anyone been able to change the videos and the sound bites by editing ala change songs on Metallica? Easy or hard to do?

I sold my Super Chexx in a package deal for a TZ, and my wife has told me at least a dozen times “you buy and sell stuff all the time, but why did you sell the one game that everyone who ever comes over plays the most?” I tell her “because I’m getting a better one”....so before I order a Pro, I would like to get feedback. Otherwise, I’ll start scouring the Craigslist’s for used Super Chexx versions.

Thanks!

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Just ordered but I guess they are busy because they said shipping will not be until first week of June.

At first I was like “holy cow!”....then I just realized tomorrow is May 1st...this year is going by too quick

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Tempted to ditch my pool table and pick up one of these.

Do it and never look back....

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Boo button: definitely disappointing. Works, but apparently it can only play one sound at a time, so it might not play if something else is going. I’m hoping for a firmware update on this.

Should be easy for ICE to just program a sound override where the boo button cuts anything playing off and makes boo sound the priority. I hope they do. What is best way to get them that feedback from multiple sources so they make the change?

Was playing with my two bubble hockey buddies in KC last week. My buddy Frank has the game we bought together in 1999 still in his garage. It’s a red Super Chexx, pre-announcer call outs. Just simple crowd sounds and music to alert players to changes of period. Love the simplicity. My other buddy Dan can get rattled with the Boo button on an occassion. On game, everytime we play, I make it a point to boo his left winger every time he touches the puck during the entire game. The responsiveness of the boo button is critical with that strategy!

(Dan on left, frank on right)

8FE7F280-945C-4389-B1F0-D6BC20B2A450 (resized).jpeg

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

EDIT2: Another Ice employee emailed me "I'm almost positive the old version didn't play a boo sound over the organs or voice over audio. It will boo with every press as long as no other audio is playing..."

They need to fix that. It should be a simple code fix.

#74 1 year ago

Watch this video at the 3:51 minute mark. The kid is doing a review of a Super Chexx Pro and says it has a BOO button...then proceeds to hit it multiple times and it never boo’s. And says “it must be broke”....ICE needs to correct that. Everyone needs to start sending emails and calling about the issue so ICE corrects.

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

So the "new" models have much more "other" audio/animations to interrupt the Boo it sounds like? Fire off emails because it doesn't sound like they think it's much of an issue from the responses I got.

Exactly!!! ..there is music and callouts played constantly. The whole point of the BOO button is to express dissatisfaction when opponent takes forever to pass or shoot. It’s the only way to try and distract them. If it’s not responsive, it’s useless.

1 month later
    #80 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Totally like/need that feature. Just need the boo to work better and more responsive. Also, cutoff the anthem immediately, and restart a game immediately. It all is so laggy

So on the new version, you have to listen to the entire national anthem every time? Older models, just hit button to eject pick and play

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

You can cancel national anthem.

Thank God! I’m already on the fence on getting a new Pro over the lack of boo button responsiveness. This would have killed it for me, for sure.

1 week later
    #91 1 year ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I love mine so far. Nothing better than watching my 70 year old mother rock it.
    I do have a question is there an easier way to access the playfield then having to remove all those bolts. Sure seems like a lot of work when the puck gets stuck.

It’s the only way. Where is puck getting stuck? Shouldn’t happen very much, if at all.

#93 1 year ago

In those cases, just try jiggling the entire game. Lift it up and bounce it to the floor. It won’t hurt the game. They are nearly indestructible.

For behind the net to help with puck sliding down, and also to make your game surface play more like a real ice hockey surface.... spray and wipe it down with Lemon Pledge furniture polish. It makes the puck glide perfectly. Nothing else works as well as Pledge.

2 weeks later
    #96 1 year ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

What would be a fair price to pay for a 2012 Bud Light NHL version in good condition?

$1500 is what I would pay. Which graphics does it have on the sides? Bud Light logos, or Wayne Gretzky stenciled autograph Commissioner logo?

If it were really nice, up to $2000. But most are pretty rough on outside as the distributors used sales guys to take them in and out of vans/bars doing promotions.

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Bud Light logos.

Condition as an add to your collection, $1500 to $2000, would be fair pricing. Any pics or details on condition?

1 month later
    #137 1 year ago

I don’t understand why ICE feels the need to splatter their website address all over their newer games. Bubblehockey.com on the pros, icegame.com on the previous model. It’s not like there are any other close products to confuse them with. Any google search of “bubble hockey” or “super Chexx” pulls them up at the top of the search. It’s like their marketing department is stuck in 1999 when the internet was so new and everyone was splattering “www-dot....” everywhere. As great as the game is, ICE drops the ball a lot. And don’t even get me started on the “Boo” button on the pro model.....

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I use the common pinball cup holders on everything they will fit into. My pinball lineup used one on each machine. I have one on each side of my Chexx.

With where those are mounted, there’s obviously no serious competition going on with that table...people have to be cracking their knuckles when going for that left winger.

#141 1 year ago
    Quoted from evh347:

There are a few 'boo' callouts. They are not necessarily the crowing 'booing'. The game randomly decides which one you get.
    However, to get them to play there can't be any other sounds going at the same time.

ICE really missed the mark on this with new model

3 weeks later
    #157 1 year ago
    Quoted from Philly76:

With all due respect guys, (this is a losing battle, lol) I dont give a sheet about the boo button.

Then you aren’t a real bubble hockey player....

#160 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

Red or Black base.... Laboring over this decision... lol

Black. And get it with the split base option.

#162 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Boo is a huge part of why I loved this game as a kid. The pro is amazing, but I need my good responsive boo button back.

I traded my sweet 3rd generation super chexx to upgrade to the Pro...but all of the feedback and reviews about the boo button being basically useless has me regretting that decision now.

How else is one to rattle the opponent when they hold the puck forever to either set up a shot or to burn the clock down? Guts get REALLY pissed off when you jiggle the goalie. So what left besides the boo button?

#165 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

You won’t regret it. It’s awesome. But I need a boo fix. Ice should get on it.

Knowing ICE, it won’t happen

#186 1 year ago

Not a deal on the reconditioned units. $2695 for last generation? They do have NHL teams but gotta take he teams they have on them, according to their website. Pass

2 months later
    #231 10 months ago

Having the coin door and coin bucket is great place to store tools needed to service the Super Chexx. Allen wrenches, spare pucks, the wire to hold up the dome, etc.

#235 10 months ago

Any updates on how the NHL painted players are holding up? Any noticeable chipping of clear coat and paint?

4 weeks later
    #251 9 months ago

Any updates from pro owners on how the paint is holding up on the NHL painted players? Any chipping or flaking?

3 weeks later
    #261 9 months ago

Get the 2018 Stanley Cup Capitals Edition, and don’t look back

#263 9 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Any ideas on refinishing rods on an older game to get them white or colored?

Magic eraser to get them white again.

#267 9 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill have to try more aggressively...perhaps someone lubed with graphite.....Should there by anything for lubrication?
    Teflon?

Thank you!!!

No lubrication, just make sure the black rod collars on the frame that rods slide are in good condition and clean.

1 week later
    #292 8 months ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Being OCD about the stuff in my game room, I noticed when kids play, after they lose a goal, they tend to smack the dome in frustration. So. I put these 2 inch labels inside, a warning not to touch the dome. 3 sides, 3 stickers.
    So far, so good.
    [quoted image]

Those domes are nearly indestructible from a cracking standpoint. Watch the manufacturers promo video. Whack!

#300 8 months ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey guys, how many minutes do you have your periods set for, and for what reason? Just wondering?

1 minute periods....3 minute game plus any OT.

Reason: keeps players engaged when playing multiple people. Some games get out of hand (6-0) and then players will lose interest if it keeps piling up. Keep them short and sweet and play more games in same time frame.

1 month later
    #319 7 months ago

Question for Pro owners ... is the plastic domes on these a different shape that Chexx and Super Chexx models? Pics on their website makes it look taller

1 week later
    #327 7 months ago

Can anyone with the newest Chexx Pro comment on how the painted players are holding up? Looking for someone who’s been logging a lot of games for feedback on how much they are chipping. I’m doing a full restore on a 1st Gen Super Chexx and have the Penguins/Sharks Stanley Cup package. If I don’t go that route, I’ll get the period specific USA vs Canada players. Thanks!

#332 7 months ago

Well...sounds like I’ll be ok putting the ICE pens vs sharks on the game without chipping concerns. Thank you for the feedback. I’ll post some pics when it’s all finished, just waiting for last box of supplies.

3 months later
    #353 3 months ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

Anyone buy this upgrade? Or know what it is?

Is this the frosted lighted plastic piece that goes under the top part? If so, I saw it at the arcade in downtown Denver. It looked pretty good. Really eye catching. Here’s a pic. How much is it?

1CACD6C0-01AD-4855-BDCD-1E3668E508C4 (resized).jpeg
    #354 3 months ago

Where are you finding that LED upgrade on the ICE website?

On a side note...I found these listed under parts. Does this mean an original Super Chexx could be modified to have the new features installed?

3BA605CC-0768-484B-B56D-4E2A05B4D37E (resized).jpeg49565ED2-5973-4BB0-87CE-CA3942486B28 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #367 61 days ago
    Quoted from waltgman:

What is the best place to get a replacement dome for a regular Chexx (Not SuperChexx)
    Also, does anyone know the size of the screws that hold the dome down. I need to buy some as some are missing on the one I just picked up.
    Thanks,
    Walt

Buy direct from the manufacturer, ICE. They have everything you need and best prices. The same dome is used for chexx, super chexx, and super chexx pro.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 37.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blitzburgh99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside