1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 412 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by zimmer62
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 103 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8CBBFE98-C035-49FC-AFF8-FF675E8519EE (resized).jpeg
    AD11CAAD-FC03-430B-853B-23A3F7FB9BC5 (resized).jpeg
    6D01F534-7E52-45F5-ACDE-56405C418F9C (resized).jpeg
    4BA0C9F4-B9ED-41A4-A434-BBB1AC84167E (resized).jpeg
    A7EAA88C-4D1D-42DD-B04B-19E56351225A (resized).jpeg
    8ABEC8A0-9BBC-4669-88DE-2E313ECEBDFA (resized).jpeg
    3B87FE4E-A347-4D24-AA9B-75846B01EEF2 (resized).jpeg
    83B79B8D-5258-40CF-86CD-2D5D7210B5BC (resized).jpeg
    20190910_083758 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3059 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3104 (resized).JPG
    NUFRONT3 (resized).jpg
    BUDAYLIGHTTEAMREAR (resized).jpg
    BUDAYLIGHTTEAMFRONT (resized).jpg
    NUTEAMREAR (resized).jpg
    NUTEAMFRONT (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MLmotorsport.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#345 4 months ago

Hey all,
    I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on new Pro today and noticed an option available that I didn't see just a few weeks ago. For $200 you can add LED's to the outside of the game. They don't have any real pictures of it that I could find, just an animation. Checking if anyone here has seen this in person yet and can comment on how it looks? Debating whether it's worth the extra...

#355 4 months ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Where are you finding that LED upgrade on the ICE website?
    On a side note...I found these listed under parts. Does this mean an original Super Chexx could be modified to have the new features installed?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, I think that must be it. It is available as a $200 option when you build one on the Ice website.
    Nice addition to attract some attention but I wonder if it would it be a little much for a small home arcade. Did the colors change on that one?

1 month later
    #368 3 months ago

I inquired about the new LED add and Ice sent me this picture and a video of it in action. Looks like its a row of leds covered by and opaque strip so it has a bit of a neon tube look rather than a bunch of separate LED's. They are not coordinated with the game play so it's more of an attract mode option. It didn't work for my purposes but if anyone is interested and would like the video I can email it over (not sure how to post it here). Put in my order for a plane jane Super Chexx Pro a couple weeks ago and it was on their schedule to be assembled today - exciting

super chexx LED (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #377 78 days ago

Only a few days since unboxing mine and the response and love for it has far surpassed any other arcade game or pin I've had. It entertains many more people than any of the other games because it's also fun to watch. If I had the room to pull it away from the wall I think it could hold the attention of 8 people.
    We generally don't buy new arcade games but this one was a no-brainer - a bargain considering how entertaining it is. So far I've had ages 4 to 76 play it with a relatively quick learning curve.
    Only 1 mod I'm looking at in the short term - changing the national anthem to a Metallica rendition. Other than that its perfect.
    (about 100 games and no playfield chipping yet - this nib is a safe purchase )

20190831_144956 (resized).jpg
    #382 77 days ago
    Quoted from NUHockey:

I bought a New Super Chexx Pro over the summer. Before I even got the Super Chexx Pro I bought two teams of red and blue players from ICE and began the process of customization. I knew 100% I was going to make a Northeastern University vs Boston University Chexx Game. I worked with this awesome painter Marc Blais. He painted the players according to my specifications and Marc also designed and made the logos for the cabinet sides and made me a center ice logo as well as inner and outer board logos with the design ideas I had. I have not installed the inner board logos yet or the Center Ice logo yet. Maybe this weekend. Below are pictures of my Super Chexx Pro unit as well as pictures of the painted players. This is something that happened to me that turned into a blessing in disguise. When I received the unit there was a small section that had scratches in the dome. You couldn't see it when playing but when looking at it from the side you could see the scratches for sure. I sent ICE a video of the scratches and that it came from the factory that way. The packaging was intact with no damage it and none to the the cardboard protecting the dome. ICE agreed and they sent me a the NOVUS #2 polish and scratch remover. I used the #2 and polished it two times with the Novus polish attachment I bought for my drill. For my troubles ICE sent me a NY Rangers Team, a NJ Devils Team, and a Blue team. Thanks for looking.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, those players do look really nice!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    $ 23.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.95
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 174.99
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 49.00
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 218.00
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MLmotorsport.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside