(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #681 Code file structure Posted by rick6668 (2 years ago)

Post #682 Code & wav sound file structure Posted by rick6668 (2 years ago)

Post #683 File modification & backup instructions Posted by rick6668 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

That is very nice indeed. I really like the red base as it has more of an arcade feel to it. I love the finish on your concrete floor.

Gord

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Docpinball:

send me an email tomorrow [email protected] I'll mail you the part to you.
    Sorry
    Docpinball

Now that's customer service. Well done.

Gord

6 months later
    #127 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Mine is supposed to be delivered today. Driver just called and said they don't think the truck is going to fit down my street. grrrr.

Go to Home Cheapo and rent one of their trucks/vans for $19.99 for the first 75 minutes and meet the driver somewhere close that fits his truck.

https://www.homedepot.com/c/Truck_Rental?cm_mmc=SEM%7CG%7CTR%7CNA%7CNA%7CBT2%7c71700000011315882%7c58700000605183255%7c43700007667316065&gclid=CjwKCAjw2MTbBRASEiwAdYIpse3196HwakkEc4XVncTqgdYC6M1MKGYjEQyIn4itrYbyqsVAurhf2BoCVXIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COHIsuDS6twCFQuFaQod614PMw#load

Gord

4 weeks later
    #163 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

Red or Black base.... Laboring over this decision... lol

Both base colors are good, however, in the wild I have always seen the RED base and never the BLACK base. So if you are going for more of an arcade feel then the RED base may be the way to go.

Gord

4 months later
    #295 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Polycarbonate is very difficult to crack. Blunt force won't hurt it, but scratches easily. Your fingernail will leave a permanent mark if you're not careful.

After a Christmas party a couple of years ago I noticed that there was a scratch in my Super Chexx dome and I was able to remove it completely using Novus 2 followed by Novus 1 in about 10 minutes or so. The scratch was not super deep, but it was noticeable and now all trace of the scratch has been successfully removed from the dome and it looks like it just came out of the box again.

Gord

1 year later
    #496 3 years ago

I am just curious, at what price point would most Super Chexx owners be willing to make the upgrade to the LED scoreboard? I have a 6 year old (October 2014) USA vs. USSR Miracle on Ice version and I am mulling around what I would be willing to pay for the upgrade.

I figure that the scoreboard upgrade will also require a new PCB inside the base of the game. I am guessing that the upgrade cost will be between $750-$1,000, I hope that it is a little more inexpensive than this, but I am not counting on it.

Gord

8 months later
    #627 2 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

I had a gearbox collar come off the end of a rod. By the looks of it, the rod wasn't bottomed out in the collar. I was sure I was going to break that first player I pulled off. His washer came with him, through the ice! I knew there had to be a better way. I was then reminded of an automotive tool that I use to remove "Christmas tree" fasteners. I put a piece of cardboard that had a slot cut in it under the player to protect the ice, then went to work. The subsequent players came off quite easily.
    Now I just have to wait until tomorrow to buy a small square bit to fit the machine screws. I've got every Torx imaginable, and many square bits. But nothing in the right size.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I purchased the following player removal tool from Pinsider latenite04 in January of 2020. I haven't had the need to use it yet, but it looks pretty slick in his video from the following URL.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/44#post-5423224

Gord

#642 2 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

I designed a second removal tool after that one that doesn't need the extra clamp and is a little easier to use. It's a modified clamp to help remove the players. The biggest issue with getting the players out is that the newer washers flex in the slot and bind on the player shaft. If you can hold the washer down flat the player comes out with a lot less force.
    [quoted image]
    If anyone's interested: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/93560

I like the second player removal tool that you created. It looks and works great.

You have a PM coming your way along with a PayPal payment.

Gord

1 week later
    #650 2 years ago
    Quoted from rick6668:

Skated ice arrived today, not sure when I'll get it in, looks cool though.

Do you have a photo of it?

Gord

#654 2 years ago
    Quoted from rick6668:

[quoted image]

Wow, that is actually pretty cool. I figured it would look something like this, but this does add an extra layer of realism to the best bubble hockey game out there. Thanks for posting the photo.

Gord

#658 2 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Got my game this morning.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the look of the 'Skated' ice.

Gord

2 weeks later
    #668 2 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Where do I buy that tool to remove the players? I just started having an issue and I am going to have to get Under the ice to check some stuff out.

Send a PM to latenite04 as he is the player removal tool creator. I purchased one from him a few weeks ago.

Gord

7 months later
    #753 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

How much did they go up out of curiosity? I bought mine a few years ago so I don’t even remember what I paid.

Here is what I paid for my Super Chexx back in September of 2014.

Order Date: 9/14/2014 2:04:54 PM

• USA vs CCCP Miracle on ICE
    • Split Base
    • Coin-op (Arcade)
    • Garage (driver brings to garage/doorway)
    • Red $3,395.00

Order Notes:
    Shipping: Truck Freight LTL (CO) $0.00
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $3,395.00

Gord

#758 2 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Well, I bit, just had to have it. The cool factor is at the top.
    Ice floor installed, looks fantastic. Made of bomb-proof polycarbonate and fits nicely.
    [quoted image]

I like your game room floor. Is it polished concrete of some type? It looks really nice.

Gord

11 months later
    #850 1 year ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

I joined the bubble hockey world a few months ago. I purchased the skated ice and official NHL teams choosing the two closest teams to us (STL and Nashville) I installed it in our bar and it's done really well. We have a group of regulars that come play it every weekend now as bubble hockey is not something you see in our town (Mid-south). I set the price at 8 tokens. I've had two of the players (far right player on both sides) with some stripping of the gears. They still work but have a wonky spot. I've ordered new gear boxes to get them back to 100%.
    Here is a pic of my three sons and myself playing.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Very nice indeed, that is a pretty cool bar that you have complete with pinball machines as well as bubble hockey. It looks like a good place to catch a game on the tube as well.

Super Chexx (all versions) is a great game and your patrons and family will love it.

Gord

5 months later
    #888 9 months ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

That's my plan unless I can find a replacement.

Tried, full sets only and no advice on fixing it.

Nothing listed.

I have the 'Miracle on Ice' version and last summer my long hockey sticked CCCP winger broke his stick on the horizontal part of the stick. I ended up purchasing an entire new set ($200) of CCCP players just to replace the one broken long hockey sticked winger.

It is to bad that you are not looking for a CCCP short hockey sticked winger or I would be able to help you out. Hopefully someone else has extra Montreal short hockey sticked players in their home uniform that can help you out.

I did use gel super glue to fix the broken long stick on my Russian winger, however I ended up installing the new replacement CCCP winger as I am doubtful that my fix will hold up. I like the idea of drilling two small holes and using a small metal rod (small nail that you dremel down to size) and then using gel super glue. That may work and provide the needed strength to ensure that the repair holds up over time. I will try this fix out today as I really have nothing to lose with my broken long hockey sticked CCCP winger and that will give me a nice spare. I will post the results of my repair attempts today as well.

Gord

#889 9 months ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

That's my plan unless I can find a replacement.

Tried, full sets only and no advice on fixing it.

Nothing listed.

I just repaired the broken hockey stick on my CCCP long hockey stick winger on my 'Miracle On Ice' version. I found a very small picture hanging nail in my nail stash and cut it to the correct length with a Dremel tool so that it could act as a metal pin to hold the two pieces of the broken hockey stick together.

Then I drilled a very small hole into each broken piece of the hockey stick where the 2 broken pieces will be joined together. I also used a gel super glue in addition to the metal pin to join the pieces together.

Once the pieces were joined I let the glue setup for 30 minutes using a small vice and then using a very fine file I filed the repaired joint smooth and it seems to be very, very strong. I will keep this repaired CCCP long hockey stick player as a spare in the event that I ever need it. I do believe that this repair will hold up to the rigors of bubble hockey play.

Gord

P1030113 (resized).JPGP1030113 (resized).JPG
    P1030114 (resized).JPGP1030114 (resized).JPG
    P1030115 (resized).JPGP1030115 (resized).JPG
    P1030116 (resized).JPGP1030116 (resized).JPG
    P1030120 (resized).JPGP1030120 (resized).JPG
    P1030123 (resized).JPGP1030123 (resized).JPG
    P1030124 (resized).JPGP1030124 (resized).JPG
    P1030125 (resized).JPGP1030125 (resized).JPG
    P1030126 (resized).JPGP1030126 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #893 9 months ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

Great write up on your repair. Gives me inspiration to give it a go and fix mine.

Hi Steve,

Good deal, I was surprised at how strong my repair ended up being. Oh BTW, I just realized that 10 years ago you helped get me some Pepsi themed bar stools for my game room so thanks again for that.

Gord

#894 9 months ago
    Quoted from FlipWilson:

Just picked up a Super Chexx. Can anyone tell me where these green wires should be connected. I assume they are ground wires and it looks like maybe they should be screwed into the top of the coin box. Any guidance or pictures would be appreciated!
    [quoted image]

Here are some photos of my MOI Super Chexx version purchased in September of 2014. This should answer your question.

Gord

P1030137 (resized).JPGP1030137 (resized).JPG
    P1030138 (resized).JPGP1030138 (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #896 8 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't know if you guys have seen this but I get pucks stuck in both corners with the bumpers. Not sure if there's a fix for that beyond just knocking the whole unit with your hand or hip to dislodge it.
    Also, my corner player's stick gets hung up on the notch. I try to lift the player a few millimeters but he just falls back down to his original level.
    Pictures are attached. Not sure what to do with these things but don't want to contact tech support if it's just something stupid.
    New game last November btw...thanks for any and all help![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You should go ahead and call tech support, they deal with these types of issues all the time and can likely help you fix your issue in no time. I have attached a couple of photos of my short sticked wingers in the corner on my game which is a Super Chexx 'Miracle on Ice' version purchased in September of 2014. My game is not a Pro version, but I don't have any problems with my short sticked wingers reaching the puck in the corners.

Gord

P1030155 (resized).JPGP1030155 (resized).JPG
    P1030156 (resized).JPGP1030156 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club?tu=GRB1959 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.