(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #681 Code file structure Posted by rick6668 (2 years ago)

Post #682 Code & wav sound file structure Posted by rick6668 (2 years ago)

Post #683 File modification & backup instructions Posted by rick6668 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 19.
    #1 6 years ago

Just thought I’d start a separate thread for owners of the new Pro model with the LCD. Our issues might be a little different at times. Use this thread for pro specific talk and the original thread for common discussion?

My biggest concern is seeming lack of responsiveness of the “boo” button. Rarely do I get a boo. It takes a few seconds to cut off the anthem, etc. Minor problems, but I would love to know if others have the same response.

#2 6 years ago

Same response. Sound Quality is Amazing. LCD animations are fantastic. Huge upgrades from the previous versions. I have the Black base Coin Op. NHL Blackhawks vs Boston. With Blackhawk center ice logo.
    Love this game.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Same response. Sound Quality is Amazing. LCD animations are fantastic. Huge upgrades from the previous versions. I have the Black base Coin Op. NHL Blackhawks vs Boston. With Blackhawk center ice logo.
    Love this game.

Agreed. It’s getting more love than all my pins combined right now. My son and I play virtually every night.

Thoughts about the boo button?

#4 6 years ago

Definitely a delay. Have not looked into it as of yet. But I will soon and see what is the cause. I will also contact my friend over at ice games and see if they have had issues complaints or if a fix is in the works.

#5 6 years ago

Subscribed.
    superchexx06 (resized).jpgsuperchexx06 (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

That is very nice indeed. I really like the red base as it has more of an arcade feel to it. I love the finish on your concrete floor.

Gord

#7 6 years ago

The theme for my game room is silver and red, so I try to match every fixture with some form of red.

The floor is "polyaspartic" sort of like epoxy, but a bit more flexible. We added about 70 lbs. of aluminum flake powder to the resin, and trowled it on the floor for that finish. 2900 sq. ft. of game room there.

#8 6 years ago

Mine is on it's way! Quick question for anyone who opted for the curbside delivery.

Do you really need two people on hand, or will the driver assist with getting it off the truck? I have an appliance dolly ready to go, so if they will just help me get it onto the ground, I can move it to my garage no problem.

Shoot, after moving my 475 lb. Race Drivin' down to my basement this past Friday, the 90 lb and 75 lb boxes will seem like feathers!

#9 6 years ago

What did everyone pay for the new one?

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

What did everyone pay for the new one?

$2795 out the door and delivered. I just went with the base model. Red vs blue.

#11 6 years ago

ALL Models are great! Price is one flat rate including shipping. Different options are different prices.

here is a link to buy it factory direct.
    https://www.bubblehockey.com/#pick-model

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Mine is on it's way! Quick question for anyone who opted for the curbside delivery.
    Do you really need two people on hand, or will the driver assist with getting it off the truck? I have an appliance dolly ready to go, so if they will just help me get it onto the ground, I can move it to my garage no problem.
    Shoot, after moving my 475 lb. Race Drivin' down to my basement this past Friday, the 90 lb and 75 lb boxes will seem like feathers!

Every driver is different but every pinball machine and game I’ve had delivered they help me get it in the house. You can get the boxes in yourself anyway. Especially with a dolly.

#13 6 years ago

The base is in a box that measures 35 x 37 x 37. It won't fit in a standard inside doorway, and will just make it into a house entry door - if you remove the door from the hinges. Big box! The smaller box will make it thru without issue.

I have a specially made door for my game room that's 44 in. wide and about 7 ft. tall, so everything fits. This one was close though.

#14 6 years ago

I sold one of these to a good customer for xmas. She purchased the NHL version in black , rangers vs devils . I agree with the boo feature , it did seem a little delayed . The issue with the size is an option . You can have the base ordered as a split so it can be brought in a normal door way . i love this game and the newer version is just amazing ! I'm redoing a 88' it plan on selling when done and buying one of these . Here are some pics of the one I recently sold .

IMG_5610 (resized).JPGIMG_5610 (resized).JPG

IMG_5611 (resized).JPGIMG_5611 (resized).JPG

IMG_5612 (resized).JPGIMG_5612 (resized).JPG

IMG_5613 (resized).JPGIMG_5613 (resized).JPG

IMG_5614 (resized).JPGIMG_5614 (resized).JPG

IMG_5616 (resized).JPGIMG_5616 (resized).JPG

IMG_5605 (resized).JPGIMG_5605 (resized).JPG

IMG_5606 (resized).JPGIMG_5606 (resized).JPG

IMG_5607 (resized).JPGIMG_5607 (resized).JPG

IMG_5608 (resized).JPGIMG_5608 (resized).JPG

#15 6 years ago

Okay, guys. Need your help. Just got my Pro and I'm assembling it when I see I need to attach the small green ground wire to the power supply. The instructions show me the site where the wire SHOULD go, but as you can see in my photo, there is literally nowhere for it to go. So frustrating. Almost looks as if something was SUPPOSED to be there (two empty holes), but there's nothing there. Anyone have any pointers? Does this wire have to be attached in order to play?

IMG_20180131_162917 (resized).jpgIMG_20180131_162917 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180131_162944 (resized).jpgIMG_20180131_162944 (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago

Never mind. Just watched the set up video. They didn't attach that piece. Ugh, so frustrating.

Guess I'll just have to wait a little longer for them to send it to me, unless it's something I can pick up at a hardware store. Any advice on that?

IMG_20180131_162917 (resized).jpgIMG_20180131_162917 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180131_162944 (resized).jpgIMG_20180131_162944 (resized).jpg

#17 6 years ago

I had the same issue with mine. There's supposed to be a male spade "wing" terminal attached to the power supply with a screw. They must be missing the mark when they produce the machines. I contacted the distributor about it.

DO NOT put it together without grounding that wire. What I did: Add a short pigtail on the ground terminal of the power supply and install a shrouded male spade terminal on the end. Plug that into that female ground spade, and assemble. You're protected.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I had the same issue with mine. There's supposed to be a male spade "wing" terminal attached to the power supply with a screw. They must be missing the mark when they produce the machines. I contacted the distributor about it.
    DO NOT put it together without grounding that wire. What I did: Add a short pigtail on the ground terminal of the power supply and install a shrouded male spade terminal on the end. Plug that into that female ground spade, and assemble. You're protected.

Wait, shouldn't they send me the piece I need? I just spent almost $3000 on a big toy, the least they can do is send me a $.05 piece of metal!

#19 6 years ago

I agree, but you're losing valuable play time waiting. You can't finish the assembly until the wire is grounded. And it could take weeks for them to get it to you.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I agree, but you're losing valuable play time waiting. You can't finish the assembly until the wire is grounded. And it could take weeks for them to get it to you.

I'm calling tomorrow. We'll see what they say. Man, I'm so disappointed!

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Can you post a picture of what you did? Or try to talk me through it? Not too big on electronics, unfortunately. Where did you get the pieces you needed?

#22 6 years ago

I used some parts I had in my shop, closed it up and didn't think to take a picture. You need a fork terminal 18/16 ga (pink) for a No. 6 screw, a male spade terminal 18/16 ga. and a short piece of 18 or 16 gage wire, 2 or 3 inches long.

As a temporary fix, you can use an alligator clip test wire if you have one. Clip the terminal with one end and clip the other end to the power supply box...that will get you going while you're waiting for the parts.

#23 6 years ago

Are the animations team specific for the NHL version?

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Are the animations team specific for the NHL version?

They are not.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm calling tomorrow. We'll see what they say. Man, I'm so disappointed!

send me an email tomorrow [email protected] I'll mail you the part to you.

Sorry
    Docpinball

#26 6 years ago

Subscribed too, thank you

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Docpinball:

Sorry
    Docpinball

Now that's customer service. Well done.

Gord

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Docpinball:

Sorry
    Docpinball

Just sent you an email. Thanks.

#29 6 years ago

Looks like they are sending me the part I need via UPS Red.

Now THAT'S customer service!

#30 6 years ago

Oh yeah!!!

IMG_20180202_172119 (resized).jpgIMG_20180202_172119 (resized).jpg

#31 6 years ago

Anyone else have a humming sound coming from their game even when it is turned off? I don't really want to have to unplug it every time I'm not playing it, but if that humming sound is normal, then I guess I'll unplug it when not in use.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Anyone else have a humming sound coming from their game even when it is turned off? I don't really want to have to unplug it every time I'm not playing it, but if that humming sound is normal, then I guess I'll unplug it when not in use.

I haven’t ever heard humming. But I do power it off each time (not unplug, just power off button)

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

No, this is not normal.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

No, this is not normal.

Grrrr. So, where should I start? Unplug all the connections and reconnect them?

Any suggestions?

#35 6 years ago

Following..I have a quiet humming also when it’s turned off but still plugged in.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nico:

Subscribed too, thank you

Is favoring the same thing as subscribing?

#37 6 years ago

Are the power/volume buttons on the backside only for the home models? Can anyone with the Pro coin-op version confirm that they don’t have these buttons available? I was curious if they made a change here with the Pro rollout.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from whitingjon:

Is favoring the same thing as subscribing?

yes

#39 6 years ago

I have a question. I just ordered a coin-op super chexx pro for my location at a bar but have never played one or seen one. What is the typical price for a 3 period 1minute per period game? I want to be sure of things before I place it in the bar. Thanks!

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from jcpinny:

I have a question. I just ordered a coin-op super chexx pro for my location at a bar but have never played one or seen one. What is the typical price for a 3 period 1minute per period game? I want to be sure of things before I place it in the bar. Thanks!

I would put it easily divisible by two players. Back in the day, they were mostly 50cents. A quarter each player. Nowadays, depending on what your other pricing is, I would think a dollar per play? 50cents or two quarters per player.

#41 6 years ago

Most places I've seen are $1/play. Not sure on time of periods, you may have to test that out / get feedback on that. Let me check to see what I have mine set on, it seems about right (can check later).

#42 6 years ago

1 minute periods are best. 3-3:30 minutes.. about same as a pinball game lasting?

#43 6 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I like the dollar a game, still not sure on time for periods but I would think at least a minute/per.

#44 6 years ago

Anyone figure out how to replace the videos with real NHL vids? It also looks like the sounds can be swapped out as well. I am wondering if there is a sampling rate that is recommended. I just ordered mine and should receive it in 3 weeks and I'd like to start make some customized sounds.

#45 6 years ago

What's the minimum amount of space I would need for one of these puppies?

Thanks

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

What's the minimum amount of space I would need for one of these puppies?
    Thanks

I think eight to nine feet is recommended.

#47 6 years ago

I would allow no less than 9 ft. by 5 ft.

Eight feet would make it too tight to play with the rods fully extended.

#48 6 years ago

Get rid of whatever is in the way and get one. You won’t regret it!

2 weeks later
    #49 6 years ago

Anyone get any more info on the button delay (boo button intermittently working, etc)? I miss the instant “boo” of the previous gen. But still super fun.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone get any more info on the button delay (boo button intermittently working, etc)? I miss the instant “boo” of the previous gen. But still super fun.

I also noticed that when I hit my "boo" button, the coil fires as if it is trying to eject the puck. Happens every time, and it only "boos" every so often.

Does this happen with anyone else?

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club?hl=raegor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.