(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 19.
    #351 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

Anyone know if the LED upgrade is worth it?

Anyone buy this upgrade? Or know what it is?

#352 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

#353 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

Is this the frosted lighted plastic piece that goes under the top part? If so, I saw it at the arcade in downtown Denver. It looked pretty good. Really eye catching. Here’s a pic. How much is it?

1CACD6C0-01AD-4855-BDCD-1E3668E508C4 (resized).jpeg1CACD6C0-01AD-4855-BDCD-1E3668E508C4 (resized).jpeg
    #354 4 years ago

Where are you finding that LED upgrade on the ICE website?

On a side note...I found these listed under parts. Does this mean an original Super Chexx could be modified to have the new features installed?

3BA605CC-0768-484B-B56D-4E2A05B4D37E (resized).jpeg3BA605CC-0768-484B-B56D-4E2A05B4D37E (resized).jpeg49565ED2-5973-4BB0-87CE-CA3942486B28 (resized).jpeg49565ED2-5973-4BB0-87CE-CA3942486B28 (resized).jpeg
    #355 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Where are you finding that LED upgrade on the ICE website?
    On a side note...I found these listed under parts. Does this mean an original Super Chexx could be modified to have the new features installed?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, I think that must be it. It is available as a $200 option when you build one on the Ice website.
    Nice addition to attract some attention but I wonder if it would it be a little much for a small home arcade. Did the colors change on that one?

#356 4 years ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Yes, I think that must be it. It is available as a $200 option when you build one on the Ice website.
    Nice addition to attract some attention but I wonder if it would it be a little much for a small home arcade. Did the colors change on that one?

Wish I could find a video of the difference between the $200 dollar upgrade. Might be a waste for HUO.

#357 4 years ago

I do not have the under lighting but I can tell you there is an option to change the color of the "Under Lighting" in the programming. In theory, you should be able to tap into the PCB with any LED lights you want to add later. IMO it is not necessary for home use and definitely not work $200 when you can easily add them yourself for a fraction of the cost. Attached is an excerpt from the user manual.

2019-07-15_11-11-15 (resized).png2019-07-15_11-11-15 (resized).png
    1 month later
    #358 4 years ago

Need help with my super chexx- once the three periods are over it starts back at one and keeps going up. I’ve gone in adjusting to set for 3 periods- don’t know what to do??

#359 4 years ago

Finally made a stand and stained it to raise the game! Wow my back is loving it and I'm just 6' tall...$16 in wood and some leftover stain

20190816_231902.jpg20190816_231902.jpg20190816_231915.jpg20190816_231915.jpg
    #360 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Need help with my super chexx- once the three periods are over it starts back at one and keeps going up. I’ve gone in adjusting to set for 3 periods- don’t know what to do??

Don’t I feel dumb- I was cleaning and testing the game and didn’t realize that the game would keep going and going until the final shot in the goal. Everything is working great and it’s ready to go on location at the brewery!

#361 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Don’t I feel dumb- I was cleaning and testing the game and didn’t realize that the game would keep going and going until the final shot in the goal. Everything is working great and it’s ready to go on location at the brewery!

Good find. I should have caught that!

#362 4 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Finally made a stand and stained it to raise the game! Wow my back is loving it and I'm just 6' tall...$16 in wood and some leftover stain [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic! It makes a huge difference to get it higher. ICE should sell a riser!

#363 4 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Finally made a stand and stained it to raise the game! Wow my back is loving it and I'm just 6' tall...$16 in wood and some leftover stain [quoted image][quoted image]

Thinking of purchasing for my new gameroom. Been watching YouTube vids of the new model. Might get the one you got without paying the nhl for stupid licenses. How’s the game? Nice base you made. Should I do the same?

#364 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Thinking of purchasing for my new gameroom. Been watching YouTube vids of the new model. Might get the one you got without paying the nhl for stupid licenses. How’s the game? Nice base you made. Should I do the same?

PM you! Yes love the machine!

#365 4 years ago

Get one! You won’t regret it!

#366 4 years ago

What is the best place to get a replacement dome for a regular Chexx (Not SuperChexx)

Also, does anyone know the size of the screws that hold the dome down. I need to buy some as some are missing on the one I just picked up.

Thanks,
    Walt

#367 4 years ago
    Quoted from waltgman:

What is the best place to get a replacement dome for a regular Chexx (Not SuperChexx)
    Also, does anyone know the size of the screws that hold the dome down. I need to buy some as some are missing on the one I just picked up.
    Thanks,
    Walt

Buy direct from the manufacturer, ICE. They have everything you need and best prices. The same dome is used for chexx, super chexx, and super chexx pro.

#368 4 years ago

I inquired about the new LED add and Ice sent me this picture and a video of it in action. Looks like its a row of leds covered by and opaque strip so it has a bit of a neon tube look rather than a bunch of separate LED's. They are not coordinated with the game play so it's more of an attract mode option. It didn't work for my purposes but if anyone is interested and would like the video I can email it over (not sure how to post it here). Put in my order for a plane jane Super Chexx Pro a couple weeks ago and it was on their schedule to be assembled today - exciting

super chexx LED (resized).jpgsuper chexx LED (resized).jpg
    #369 4 years ago

I inquired about the new LED add and Ice sent me this picture and a video of it in action. Looks like its a row of leds covered by and opaque strip so it has a bit of a neon tube look rather than a bunch of separate LED's. They are not coordinated with the game play so it's more of an attract mode option. It didn't work for my purposes but if anyone is interested and would like the video I can email it over (not sure how to post it here). Put in my order for a plane jane Super Chexx Pro a couple weeks ago and it was on their schedule to be assembled today - exciting [quoted image]

Awesome. Congrats

#370 4 years ago

Does anyone have one of these on location?

#371 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Does anyone have one of these on location?

Are you asking if we have access to one? I think most of us in here own one so the answer would be yes?

#372 4 years ago
    Quoted from FCaputo4:

Are you asking if we have access to one? I think most of us in here own one so the answer would be yes?

No I was more curious if anyone has theirs in a public location for coin drop and I was curious about how it earns. My location is redecorating an area of their business to be hockey focused and we are considering putting one of these in, but I'd like to know it is at least going to earn as well as a pinball machine before I go and try something like that.

#373 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

No I was more curious if anyone has theirs in a public location for coin drop and I was curious about how it earns. My location is redecorating an area of their business to be hockey focused and we are considering putting one of these in, but I'd like to know it is at least going to earn as well as a pinball machine before I go and try something like that.

Theres a million variables (foot traffic, kids, pricing etc.) regarding if it will be a money maker. A machine in a arcade or an ice rink wheres theres a constant flow of patrons/kids will do better than, idk, say a pizza shop.

#374 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I just put a super chexx in my local brewery along with a few pins. It’s a great game for 4 people to play together, so I’m hoping it provides some fun. Check back with me in a few months to report on earnings

1 week later
    #375 4 years ago

Just ordered mine

#376 4 years ago

I inquired about the new LED add and Ice sent me this picture and a video of it in action. Looks like its a row of leds covered by and opaque strip so it has a bit of a neon tube look rather than a bunch of separate LED's. They are not coordinated with the game play so it's more of an attract mode option. It didn't work for my purposes but if anyone is interested and would like the video I can email it over (not sure how to post it here). Put in my order for a plane jane Super Chexx Pro a couple weeks ago and it was on their schedule to be assembled today - exciting [quoted image]

That looks really good. I would like to upgrade mine but I'm not sure if I want to cough up the extra $1500 to $2k it would cost to upgrade.

#377 4 years ago

Only a few days since unboxing mine and the response and love for it has far surpassed any other arcade game or pin I've had. It entertains many more people than any of the other games because it's also fun to watch. If I had the room to pull it away from the wall I think it could hold the attention of 8 people.
    We generally don't buy new arcade games but this one was a no-brainer - a bargain considering how entertaining it is. So far I've had ages 4 to 76 play it with a relatively quick learning curve.
    Only 1 mod I'm looking at in the short term - changing the national anthem to a Metallica rendition. Other than that its perfect.
    (about 100 games and no playfield chipping yet - this nib is a safe purchase )

20190831_144956 (resized).jpg20190831_144956 (resized).jpg
    #378 4 years ago

Only a few days since unboxing mine and the response and love for it has far surpassed any other arcade game or pin I've had. It entertains many more people than any of the other games because it's also fun to watch. If I had the room to pull it away from the wall I think it could hold the attention of 8 people.
    We generally don't buy new arcade games but this one was a no-brainer - a bargain considering how entertaining it is. So far I've had ages 4 to 76 play it with a relatively quick learning curve.
    Only 1 mod I'm looking at in the short term - changing the national anthem to a Metallica rendition. Other than that its perfect.
    (about 100 games and no playfield chipping yet - this nib is a safe purchase )[quoted image]

Awesome!!

#379 4 years ago

I bought a New Super Chexx Pro over the summer. Before I even got the Super Chexx Pro I bought two teams of red and blue players from ICE and began the process of customization. I knew 100% I was going to make a Northeastern University vs Boston University Chexx Game. I worked with this awesome painter Marc Blais. He painted the players according to my specifications and Marc also designed and made the logos for the cabinet sides and made me a center ice logo as well as inner and outer board logos with the design ideas I had. I have not installed the inner board logos yet or the Center Ice logo yet. Maybe this weekend. Below are pictures of my Super Chexx Pro unit as well as pictures of the painted players. This is something that happened to me that turned into a blessing in disguise. When I received the unit there was a small section that had scratches in the dome. You couldn't see it when playing but when looking at it from the side you could see the scratches for sure. I sent ICE a video of the scratches and that it came from the factory that way. The packaging was intact with no damage it and none to the the cardboard protecting the dome. ICE agreed and they sent me a the NOVUS #2 polish and scratch remover. I used the #2 and polished it two times with the Novus polish attachment I bought for my drill. For my troubles ICE sent me a NY Rangers Team, a NJ Devils Team, and a Blue team. Thanks for looking.
    IMG_3192 (resized).jpgIMG_3192 (resized).jpgNUTEAMFRONT (resized).jpgNUTEAMFRONT (resized).jpgNUTEAMREAR (resized).jpgNUTEAMREAR (resized).jpgBUDAYLIGHTTEAMFRONT (resized).jpgBUDAYLIGHTTEAMFRONT (resized).jpgBUDAYLIGHTTEAMREAR (resized).jpgBUDAYLIGHTTEAMREAR (resized).jpgNUFRONT3 (resized).jpgNUFRONT3 (resized).jpgIMG_3104 (resized).JPGIMG_3104 (resized).JPGIMG_3059 (resized).PNGIMG_3059 (resized).PNG

#380 4 years ago

Love the paint job on those players... they all look great!

#381 4 years ago
    Quoted from NUHockey:

I bought a New Super Chexx Pro over the summer. Before I even got the Super Chexx Pro I bought two teams of red and blue players from ICE and began the process of customization. I knew 100% I was going to make a Northeastern University vs Boston University Chexx Game. I worked with this awesome painter Marc Blais. He painted the players according to my specifications and Marc also designed and made the logos for the cabinet sides and made me a center ice logo as well as inner and outer board logos with the design ideas I had. I have not installed the inner board logos yet or the Center Ice logo yet. Maybe this weekend. Below are pictures of my Super Chexx Pro unit as well as pictures of the painted players. This is something that happened to me that turned into a blessing in disguise. When I received the unit there was a small section that had scratches in the dome. You couldn't see it when playing but when looking at it from the side you could see the scratches for sure. I sent ICE a video of the scratches and that it came from the factory that way. The packaging was intact with no damage it and none to the the cardboard protecting the dome. ICE agreed and they sent me a the NOVUS #2 polish and scratch remover. I used the #2 and polished it two times with the Novus polish attachment I bought for my drill. For my troubles ICE sent me a NY Rangers Team, a NJ Devils Team, and a Blue team. Thanks for looking.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Freaking awesome. My game gets built 9/13. Hopefully it being made on a Friday isn’t an issue.

#382 4 years ago
    Quoted from NUHockey:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, those players do look really nice!

#383 4 years ago

Scored this huo for $500!!

20190910_083758 (resized).jpg20190910_083758 (resized).jpg
    #384 4 years ago

without combing through this entire thread has anyone added start up songs to their super chexx pro? I'd like to add a few songs if possible

#385 4 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

Scored this huo for $500!![quoted image]

Unbelievable score!!!
    Edit: sorry I thought it was a pro. Still a great score!

#386 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

without combing through this entire thread has anyone added start up songs to their super chexx pro? I'd like to add a few songs if possible

There’s a guy on YouTube that has.

#387 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Yes. PM me. I can try to explain the process the best I can.

#388 4 years ago

Does Ice ever run promotions/sales?

#389 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Does Ice ever run promotions/sales?

Sometimes they give some free shit like an extra set of players or free nhl logo at centre ice. I've seen these type ads on Facebook.

#390 4 years ago

I was a month late on a free extra player set...but I got a free t-shirt.

#391 4 years ago

My game ships out today. The suspense is killing me.

#392 4 years ago

I'm gonna order a game this week....just not sure if I should order Miracle on Ice or USA vs Canada...I prefer the Miracle version, but not sure kids/friends would ever want to be the Russians....maybe USA vs Canada is better? tough decision

#393 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm gonna order a game this week....just not sure if I should order Miracle on Ice or USA vs Canada...I prefer the Miracle version, but not sure kids/friends would ever want to be the Russians....maybe USA vs Canada is better? tough decision

Those are some pretty determined kids if they refuse to play a game based on a socialist state that is no longer in existence. I'd like to have a conversation with such kids as I'd have to guess they are likely more qualified to run your country than the man currently in charge to have such strong convictions... with all that said I think you're over thinking things a tad.

#394 4 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Those are some pretty determined kids if they refuse to play a game based on a socialist state that is no longer in existence. I'd like to have a conversation with such kids as I'd have to guess they are likely more qualified to run your country than the man currently in charge to have such strong convictions... with all that said I think you're over thinking things a tad.

I never said they would refuse anything...what I said was they would prefer to play the USA, which makes sense since they won the game (kids are band wagoners)...kids could give a rats ass about politics...

#395 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I never said they would refuse anything...what I said was they would prefer to play the USA, which makes sense since they won the game (kids are band wagoners)...kids could give a rats ass about politics...

You said you weren't sure the kids would ever want to be the Russians... that kind of sounds like they might refuse to be the Russians to me, I was really just joking around and hoping my ridiculous statement would ease you into the thought that you may be overthinking things... if you want the Miracle on Ice version, go for it! The kids (And adults) are gonna love it regardless of the version you get is what I think.

#396 4 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

You said you weren't sure the kids would ever want to be the Russians... that kind of sounds like they might refuse to be the Russians to me, I was really just joking around and hoping my ridiculous statement would ease you into the thought that you may be overthinking things... if you want the Miracle on Ice version, go for it! The kids (And adults) are gonna love it regardless of the version you get is what I think.

good advice !

#397 4 years ago

Very impressed so far. Arrived today.

83B79B8D-5258-40CF-86CD-2D5D7210B5BC (resized).jpeg83B79B8D-5258-40CF-86CD-2D5D7210B5BC (resized).jpeg
    #398 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Very impressed so far. Arrived today.[quoted image]

Looks great

#399 4 years ago

Does the coin op version have an option in setting to set it on free play?

#400 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnVee:

Does the coin op version have an option in setting to set it on free play?

Yes

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/8?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.