(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 19.
    #301 5 years ago

Has anyone manage to edit the videos?? The generic chexx ice video arw a little annoying

#302 5 years ago

Bueller .....bueller

#303 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sungod661:

Has anyone manage to edit the videos?? The generic chexx ice video arw a little annoying

I don’t mind them at all. Not having instant boo is frustrating. I keep meaning to work on that...

#304 5 years ago

Videos have to go , i want to add some big goal vids and stuff

#305 5 years ago
    Quoted from Garmose7:

I appreciate the info and have seen this their application. I believe that it was determined that eightbitstudios used mirror projecting that was not directly incorporated with the game. Would this have to be set up separate to the actions of the gameplay board? Or, could mirror projecting be transitioned into the national Anthem that already exists on the Super Chexx Pro?
    Thanks

Very cool mod- has anyone else tried this and have instructions on how to make it work??

#306 5 years ago

Just pulled the trigger on a new NHL pro. Can't wait. Let the waiting begin.

#307 5 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

I would also point out that so far Chexx has been most fun for me when I have buddies over of the same skill level.

I agree with this. My issue with this is that as the game owner, I'm better then most of my friends.

#308 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I agree with this. My issue with this is that as the game owner, I'm better then most of my friends.

Yep, most of my friends are not that good, I try to do different strategies against them, like I can't score with my centre, trying to score with my defence, or keeping one hand one the goalie at all times. This way they have a chance to win!

#309 5 years ago

Easy tiger

#310 5 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Yep, most of my friends are not that good, I try to do different strategies against them, like I can't score with my centre, trying to score with my defence, or keeping one hand one the goalie at all times. This way they have a chance to win!

Easy tiger

2 weeks later
    #311 5 years ago

Joined the club yesterday!! Love it. A couple players don't move forward and back as easy, so I need to figure that out, otherwise it's a blast.

IMG_20190228_180758353 (resized).jpgIMG_20190228_180758353 (resized).jpg
    #312 5 years ago

There is a break in period, it should say that somewhere in the manual and on their website. One problem I am having is that one of my goal tender knobs is loosening and is easy to retighten, but it keeps coming loose again?

#313 5 years ago

I read the break in period of about 20+ games, but I thought that was for the gears. I'm talking about sliding the guys forward and back is tight on a couple of them. Not sure if that will break in or not. I'm new to these.

#314 5 years ago

Some of my players seem a bit tighter to the surface as well, but they have loosened up a bit over the past 2 months.

#315 5 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Joined the club yesterday!! Love it. A couple players don't move forward and back as easy, so I need to figure that out, otherwise it's a blast.
    [quoted image]

You need to open the bubble up and make sure the ice is laid flat, sometimes the goalie and nets are not put down properly , that will result in the players not « gliding » the way they should. I have owned 3 of these including the new one that is usually the cause and in your case with a new machine i would be pretty sure it’s that.

#316 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sungod661:

You need to open the bubble up and make sure the ice is laid flat, sometimes the goalie and nets are not put down properly , that will result in the players not « gliding » the way they should. I have owned 3 of these including the new one that is usually the cause and in your case with a new machine i would be pretty sure it’s that.

Thanks. Does the ice just sit in place flat, or does it snap into something?

#317 5 years ago

It lies flat but like i said sometimes it will not be totally flat due to the goalie crease

#318 5 years ago

Happened to me too. I opened it up and it snapped flat and has never been a problem since

#319 5 years ago

Question for Pro owners ... is the plastic domes on these a different shape that Chexx and Super Chexx models? Pics on their website makes it look taller

#320 5 years ago

Same thing

#321 5 years ago

Ok so i am almost done with my customising of my table , i still want to build a base and put up my custom made cup banners but here is a quick look of what ive done so far

D423F499-B8A4-4D72-A783-0850E5981BCA (resized).jpegD423F499-B8A4-4D72-A783-0850E5981BCA (resized).jpegB301B6D8-9D58-4BDF-8C40-96CF9AC653EE (resized).jpegB301B6D8-9D58-4BDF-8C40-96CF9AC653EE (resized).jpeg5895C8B1-2B94-4D59-94BD-0AA363C473F4 (resized).jpeg5895C8B1-2B94-4D59-94BD-0AA363C473F4 (resized).jpeg96D2B9A4-1120-4F4B-B9C2-0A64918EC2FF (resized).jpeg96D2B9A4-1120-4F4B-B9C2-0A64918EC2FF (resized).jpegED94CE0A-AD89-466A-BBCC-6AD8F648DB32 (resized).jpegED94CE0A-AD89-466A-BBCC-6AD8F648DB32 (resized).jpeg
    #322 5 years ago

Wow! Great work!

#323 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Might swap out my Tornado for a Chexx
    Has the "Boooo" & other complaints been resolved?
    Here's where the puppy will go if I get one
    [quoted image]

love the board collection, I got a ton of originals I gotta put up someday.

#324 5 years ago

How did you do the advertising logos on the ice surface? The entire machine looks great.

#325 5 years ago

Ordered some decals and put them on and had some
    Custom painted players done up. Next is the cup banner going up!!

#326 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mojosan:

How did you do the advertising logos on the ice surface? The entire machine looks great.

I ordered mine from:
    [email protected]

Dan will work with you to do whatever you want.

1117180725 (resized).jpg1117180725 (resized).jpg
    #327 5 years ago

Can anyone with the newest Chexx Pro comment on how the painted players are holding up? Looking for someone who’s been logging a lot of games for feedback on how much they are chipping. I’m doing a full restore on a 1st Gen Super Chexx and have the Penguins/Sharks Stanley Cup package. If I don’t go that route, I’ll get the period specific USA vs Canada players. Thanks!

#328 5 years ago

ME and my buddies play pretty hard and no chipping after 4 months.

#329 5 years ago

Well unfortunately only about 30 games on mine and small chipping on all players feet...small black chipped pieces on the play field

#330 5 years ago

We are pretty gentle on ours. There was some small amount of immediate chipping/paint removal during the break in period, but it hasn't gotten any worse and you really can't tell unless you look closely. (I'm the only one in the family that notices).

Unrelated question, is it possible to change the home/away animation colors? Would be nice to have red dudes on screen match up with my red wing home team.

#331 5 years ago

No chipping on mine. Maybe 200 plays.

#332 5 years ago

Well...sounds like I’ll be ok putting the ICE pens vs sharks on the game without chipping concerns. Thank you for the feedback. I’ll post some pics when it’s all finished, just waiting for last box of supplies.

#333 5 years ago

I just posted a couple vids on YouTube of me and my buddy having some pretty good games.

#334 5 years ago

Some pics of the base I built for my Super Chexx. It's such a back saver!

IMG_6396 (resized).jpgIMG_6396 (resized).jpgIMG_6397 (resized).jpgIMG_6397 (resized).jpgIMG_6398 (resized).jpgIMG_6398 (resized).jpg
    #335 5 years ago

Yep, I couldn't live without the base either, good work!

#336 5 years ago

I’m selling New Chex bubble hockey machines. If anyone is interested PM me.

#337 5 years ago
    Quoted from abelelectronics:

I’m selling New Chex bubble hockey machines. If anyone is interested PM me.

Whats the advantage of calling you instead of ordering directly from ICE?

#338 5 years ago

He might have them on hand.

2 months later
    #339 4 years ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

Love this idea... I'm planning on putting on some custom decals, now I know I'm going to make them interchangeable!
    Thanks for the idea!!!

Did this ever come of anything? I just ordered a Super Chexx Pro and picking the opposing team was agonizing. I would like to buy almost every team and swap out the decals. My idea was to create some kind of platform that each decal would go on and the put tabs on the base so it would snap in and be easily swapped out.

Added over 5 years ago:

After researching further, another thing to factor in is that the decals are different shapes and sizes depending on the team. Here is an email from ICE that mentions the exact dimensions of each:

"All decals are placed on a styrene before being put on the game. The full size, including the styrene backing is 17.25” x 14.25” for the oval and 15.25” for the circular one.

The decals will not stick on the base without the styrene but the size of them without it is 16.75” x 13.5” for the oval and 14.549” for the circular."

In my case the away team is the Red Wings which is an oval decal so I'm trying to figure out a way to completely cover that. I am thinking i can make an oval platform that is the exact size of the styrene backing and then print out oval decals.

#340 4 years ago

Update: I bought a magnet decal that is slightly larger than the decal already adhered to the base. Going to put a magnet on the other side and see how that works. Thought that would be easier than my original idea.

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sungod661:

Ok so i am almost done with my customising of my table , i still want to build a base and put up my custom made cup banners but here is a quick look of what ive done so far
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

+1. Great job! Although your Patrice Bergeron can't get back on defense, limited by the ice surface slot of course. No more Selke trophies for Bergeron?

#342 4 years ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

I'm still looking for the SD card images from the scoreboard and the base. Thanks!

Anyone willing to share the SD card image?

#343 4 years ago

I’m happy to help but not sure how to do that

1 week later
    #344 4 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

I’m happy to help but not sure how to do that

Similar to this process of backing up an SD card from a raspberry pi
    https://www.howtogeek.com/341944/how-to-clone-your-raspberry-pi-sd-card-for-foolproof-backup/

basically you would put the SD card into a PC using an adapter or if your laptop or PC has an SD card reader already.

Using this software Win32 Disk Imager you create an image file of the SD card... then share that file somewhere, like dropbox or google drive.

#345 4 years ago

Hey all,
    I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on new Pro today and noticed an option available that I didn't see just a few weeks ago. For $200 you can add LED's to the outside of the game. They don't have any real pictures of it that I could find, just an animation. Checking if anyone here has seen this in person yet and can comment on how it looks? Debating whether it's worth the extra...

#346 4 years ago

Just delivered today in all of her glory. Edited some of the songs already. Key to editing the songs is to match the bit rate of the original files. I have a few magnets that were printed out to match the size of the original decals on the base so when you swap out your players for a different team you can also swap the decal out. Now just have to figure out how to add some custom videos.

IMG_20190709_1337143 (resized).jpgIMG_20190709_1337143 (resized).jpgIMG_20190709_1407042 (resized).jpgIMG_20190709_1407042 (resized).jpgIMG_20190709_1407116 (resized).jpgIMG_20190709_1407116 (resized).jpgIMG_20190709_1407189 (resized).jpgIMG_20190709_1407189 (resized).jpg
    #347 4 years ago
    Quoted from FCaputo4:

Edited some of the songs already.

It seems you've pulled the SD card to do this, would you mind sharing an image of it?

Thanks.

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

It seems you've pulled the SD card to do this, would you mind sharing an image of it?
    Thanks.

I have the backup on my other laptop. I should be able to post a zip file of it at some point this weekend.

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

Thanks.

I have the folder zipped, let me know where you would like me to send it.

#350 4 years ago

Anyone know if the LED upgrade is worth it?

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/7?hl=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.