(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 19.
    #251 5 years ago

Any updates from pro owners on how the paint is holding up on the NHL painted players? Any chipping or flaking?

#252 5 years ago

No chipping or flaking on mine yet. I will try to post a pic of my base later today.

#253 5 years ago

Has anyone ever tried Projection mapping on their Super Chexx Ice Surface?

#254 5 years ago

1st time for a puck getting stuck here.

20190105_191836 (resized).jpg20190105_191836 (resized).jpg
    #255 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

1st time for a puck getting stuck here. [quoted image]

Great shot!!

#256 5 years ago
    Quoted from Garmose7:

Has anyone ever tried Projection mapping on their Super Chexx Ice Surface?

Someone did it, video is in the thread somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up.

#257 5 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Someone did it, video is in the thread somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit: Found it: https://www.facebook.com/eightbitstudios/videos/10154219516880754/

Real edit: That was supposed to be an edit to above not a double post edit

#258 5 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Edit: Found it: https://www.facebook.com/eightbitstudios/videos/10154219516880754/
    Real edit: That was supposed to be an edit to above not a double post edit

I appreciate the info and have seen this their application. I believe that it was determined that eightbitstudios used mirror projecting that was not directly incorporated with the game. Would this have to be set up separate to the actions of the gameplay board? Or, could mirror projecting be transitioned into the national Anthem that already exists on the Super Chexx Pro?

Thanks

1 week later
    #259 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Did you get the info you needed?

I'm still looking for the SD card images from the scoreboard and the base. Thanks!

#260 5 years ago

So I'm thinking about getting one of these. Question is do I go NHL or just the basic model with red vs blue? I'm a Caps fan and the 2018 Champs model is nice, but not sure if I want to go with it for resale purposes. I don't plan on selling it but you never know. My son wants me to get Caps vs Penguins, he's a pens fan, for now at least.

My son plays hockey and so do I, so I think we'll enjoy it and it will stick around for awhile. Should resale be something I even consider at this point? Chances are if and when I sell it, it would be years down the line and I know the players and decals can be swapped out.

Thanks.

#261 5 years ago

Get the 2018 Stanley Cup Capitals Edition, and don’t look back

#262 5 years ago

Any ideas on refinishing rods on an older game to get them white or colored?

Also, My son was asking if any have been rethemed, like making one team Zombies, and the other the Players from TWD,
    kinda like the Zombie Baseball?

(I suggested an all female, Bikini Team with Hockey Sticks!)

#263 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Any ideas on refinishing rods on an older game to get them white or colored?

Magic eraser to get them white again.

#264 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Get the 2018 Stanley Cup Capitals Edition, and don’t look back

Might have too. Trying to convince the wife to let me pull the trigger without having to sell a pin.

#265 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Also, My son was asking if any have been rethemed,

Voodoo Donuts

Marvel vs DC

#266 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Magic eraser to get them white again.

Ill have to try more aggressively...perhaps someone lubed with graphite.....Should there by anything for lubrication?
    Teflon?

Quoted from latenite04:

Voodoo Donuts
    Marvel vs DC

Thank you!!!

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill have to try more aggressively...perhaps someone lubed with graphite.....Should there by anything for lubrication?
    Teflon?

Thank you!!!

No lubrication, just make sure the black rod collars on the frame that rods slide are in good condition and clean.

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

So I'm thinking about getting one of these. Question is do I go NHL or just the basic model with red vs blue? I'm a Caps fan and the 2018 Champs model is nice, but not sure if I want to go with it for resale purposes. I don't plan on selling it but you never know. My son wants me to get Caps vs Penguins, he's a pens fan, for now at least.
    My son plays hockey and so do I, so I think we'll enjoy it and it will stick around for awhile. Should resale be something I even consider at this point? Chances are if and when I sell it, it would be years down the line and I know the players and decals can be swapped out.
    Thanks.

I've got a penguins and caps super chexx. I love it. If you ever go to sell it, I find it hard to believe that you won't find a buyer because its the caps and penguins. It will end up being someone local that buys it anyway since no one will want to pay for the shipping.

1117180725 (resized).jpg1117180725 (resized).jpg
    #269 5 years ago

Has anyone edited the videos from generic ice to sime ral nhl videos can this be done? Where is the sd card located ??

#270 5 years ago

Here is a picture of the base I made for my game. No more back pain.

20190121_095610 (resized).jpg20190121_095610 (resized).jpg
    #271 5 years ago

Re-posted from generic Super Chexx thread: (I do not have a Pro version but it looks like the Pro also has the external exposed washer on top of the dome)

Just wanted to post pictures of my home made Super Chexx topper. The pre-LCD model (mine is the NHL model Bruins vs Canadiens) has an exposed metal washer on the top. I recently brought my young son to a Bruins vs Canadiens game in Boston and we bought the puck I used for the topper. Easy to make, 4 ceramic magnets, and another similar sized metal washer attached to the underside of the puck, attached using a poster double sided adhesive backed tab. All parts bought at HD or Lowes, probably about $15 including the puck. I hope you like it!

Super Chexx Topper Dis-Assy (resized).jpgSuper Chexx Topper Dis-Assy (resized).jpgSuper Chexx Topper Assy (resized).jpgSuper Chexx Topper Assy (resized).jpg

#272 5 years ago

This would be a cool topper as well, assembled the same as the puck topper was.

Rep SC (resized).jpgRep SC (resized).jpg
    #273 5 years ago

Might swap out my Tornado for a Chexx

Has the "Boooo" & other complaints been resolved?

Here's where the puppy will go if I get one

20190123_141905 (resized).jpg20190123_141905 (resized).jpg
    #274 5 years ago

If you're playing me you won't have a chance to press the boo button anyway! It works fine for me, no complaints.

#275 5 years ago

Boo button still sucks.

#276 5 years ago

Even though the button "sucks" (small delay most of the time) it does not take away from the game. I would not let the boo button effects deter you from purchasing this amazing game.

#277 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Boo button still sucks.

Bummer. I mean boooo (haha, see what I did there).

The one I want is $3700 delivered.

At that price I don't bugs/glitches.

Thanks for the reply

#278 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Bummer. I mean boooo (haha, see what I did there).
    The one I want is $3700 delivered.
    At that price I don't bugs/glitches.
    Thanks for the reply

Are you ordering direct? I didn’t think they charged shipping.

Never mind forgot about the other options like the coin door and the split base.

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Are you ordering direct? I didn’t think they charged shipping.
    Never mind forgot about the other options like the coin door and the split base.

I wanted the USSR vs USA + coin door

Red Dawn edition

WOLVERINES!

#280 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I wanted the USSR vs USA + coin door
    Red Dawn edition
    WOLVERINES!

In case you do not know, order direct through

https://www.icegame.com/category/1505/super-chexx-pro

The game should be well cheaper than what you are quoting here...for a Pro version at least.

#281 5 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Here is a picture of the base I made for my game. No more back pain.
    [quoted image]

Can I ask what you made this out of? Is it just painted wood?

#282 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

In case you do not know, order direct through
    https://www.icegame.com/category/1505/super-chexx-pro
    The game should be well cheaper than what you are quoting here...for a Pro version at least.

The lowest priced option is $2,995

(Unless you have a loading dock, then its $100 off)

The highest priced option is $3,845

Direct from ICE

I want a coin door & either a Blues vs Blackhawks or the USA vs USSR. Not sure yet about split base.

#283 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Can I ask what you made this out of? Is it just painted wood?

Yep, it is just 2x4"s with a piece of 1/4" plywood on top finished with some primed 4 1/2" pdf baseboard, painted with Rustoleum high gloss black. Seems to be holding up really good!

#284 5 years ago

I think Chexx should make something like this available, I'm sure most customers would be interested. I'm 6'2", but even my shorter friends think it plays better with the base. My son (who isand his friends didn't even notice I changed the height until I pointed it out, so the added height doesn't seem to be an issue, unless the kids are really young, then you will probably need something for them to stand on anyway.

#285 5 years ago

Do these get played as much as the pins at parties? Thinking of getting one, but still unsure if it will get it's money's worth at home.

#286 5 years ago

Gets played way more than the pins at parties at my house. In my world pins are for me and all the other toys are for the family/guests. The pins just don't get the love that they deserve.

#287 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Gets played way more than the pins at parties at my house. In my world pins are for me and all the other toys are for the family/guests. The pins just don't get the love that they deserve.

Totally the same at my house!

#288 5 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Do these get played as much as the pins at parties? Thinking of getting one, but still unsure if it will get it's money's worth at home.

Will you be charging people to play it??

#289 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Will you be charging people to play it??

Of course not. I assumed parties would swarm this thing, but outside of that it would mostly sit. My kids never play our other games, but they would maybe play this. How reliable have these newer models been?

#290 5 years ago

I would just point out the obvious, you need 2 people to play. For that reason alone, mine does not get played as much as other games. I would also point out that so far Chexx has been most fun for me when I have buddies over of the same skill level. Those games get very intense, a feeling that none of my other games come close to duplicating. Someone is going to win and someone is going to lose, it is such a great game!

#291 5 years ago

Being OCD about the stuff in my game room, I noticed when kids play, after they lose a goal, they tend to smack the dome in frustration. So. I put these 2 inch labels inside, a warning not to touch the dome. 3 sides, 3 stickers.

So far, so good.

dome-label (resized).jpgdome-label (resized).jpg

#292 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Being OCD about the stuff in my game room, I noticed when kids play, after they lose a goal, they tend to smack the dome in frustration. So. I put these 2 inch labels inside, a warning not to touch the dome. 3 sides, 3 stickers.
    So far, so good.
    [quoted image]

Those domes are nearly indestructible from a cracking standpoint. Watch the manufacturers promo video. Whack!

#293 5 years ago

Polycarbonate is very difficult to crack. Blunt force won't hurt it, but scratches easily. Your fingernail will leave a permanent mark if you're not careful.

#294 5 years ago

Definitely gets more play at parties than all my pins.

#295 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Polycarbonate is very difficult to crack. Blunt force won't hurt it, but scratches easily. Your fingernail will leave a permanent mark if you're not careful.

After a Christmas party a couple of years ago I noticed that there was a scratch in my Super Chexx dome and I was able to remove it completely using Novus 2 followed by Novus 1 in about 10 minutes or so. The scratch was not super deep, but it was noticeable and now all trace of the scratch has been successfully removed from the dome and it looks like it just came out of the box again.

Gord

#296 5 years ago

Only Skee ball gets more play than Chexx in my home

#297 5 years ago

At $3600 shipped for a nib, is this new one worth it over a used older model for around $2k?

#298 5 years ago

Best game in my small collection of pins and slot machines! We have all out battles on the chexx pro!

#299 5 years ago

Hey guys, how many minutes do you have your periods set for, and for what reason? Just wondering?

#300 5 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey guys, how many minutes do you have your periods set for, and for what reason? Just wondering?

1 minute periods....3 minute game plus any OT.

Reason: keeps players engaged when playing multiple people. Some games get out of hand (6-0) and then players will lose interest if it keeps piling up. Keep them short and sweet and play more games in same time frame.

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/6?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.