(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 19.
    #201 5 years ago

Hello all,

I am wondering if any of you on this thread have custom side-board graphics and where they were purchased? I recently bought a Super Chexx Pro WILD edition with North Stars and Jets. Hoping to add boards and graphics that go all around the rink. Any help greatly appreciated.

SuperChexx 2018 (resized).JPGSuperChexx 2018 (resized).JPG
    #203 5 years ago

I am really tempted to get the boards, but after spending nearly $5000 CAD I'll have to wait a bit, I think the net mod looks cool though. My build date is Nov.5, can't wait!

#204 5 years ago

I agree. Just shelled out a large sum for the game it’s self. I wonder if the chexx Jumbotron is comparable with the boards? Could always sell the dome for maybe 250-300?
    Or buy the dome boards.but that open ice is sweet

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Your post got me thinking. Wouldn't it be nice if the base decals were magnets or something else that could be interchangeable and you could change the team decal when changing the players/team? Still would have the ice surface decal, but mine's Bruins on the ice surface, just interested in changing the visiting team. ICE - is this a good idea? Helps you sell more update parts.

Love this idea... I'm planning on putting on some custom decals, now I know I'm going to make them interchangeable!

Thanks for the idea!!!

#206 5 years ago

Just picked one up...less then 7 months old! Guy only wanted 2k for an NHL Rangers/Flyers pro! Insane!!

2CF3698C-CCBD-4D3F-BDED-4834DA22F9D3 (resized).jpeg2CF3698C-CCBD-4D3F-BDED-4834DA22F9D3 (resized).jpeg
    #207 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trooper11040:

Just picked one up...less then 7 months old! Guy only wanted 2k for an NHL Rangers/Flyers pro! Insane!![quoted image]

Great deal!

#208 5 years ago

Only had one minor issue that I noticed AFTER I got it home...one light on the jumbotron was out. Called ICE who related it’s not under warranty but they would still repair it free of charge. So the game has no scoreboard for about a week. No big deal!

1B82302B-0689-406A-BB88-0B7CAF5C292D (resized).jpeg1B82302B-0689-406A-BB88-0B7CAF5C292D (resized).jpeg
    #209 5 years ago

Thanks a bunch. That website is deadly on the bank account.

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

Love this idea... I'm planning on putting on some custom decals, now I know I'm going to make them interchangeable!
    Thanks for the idea!!!

Just checked my NHL (pre-Pro) model and the home/visitor team is integrated into the scoreboard plastic. Not so on the Pro.

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from Garmose7:

Hello all,
    I am wondering if any of you on this thread have custom side-board graphics and where they were purchased? I recently bought a Super Chexx Pro WILD edition with North Stars and Jets. Hoping to add boards and graphics that go all around the rink. Any help greatly appreciated.
    [quoted image]

Another option is: [email protected]

Dan does custom in ice logos, dasherboards, etc.

#212 5 years ago

Thanks for the assistance guys. I'll post pics when they become available.

Quoted from Rhauf0:

Another option is: [email protected]
    Dan does custom in ice logos, dasherboards, etc.

#213 5 years ago
    Quoted from Garmose7:

Hello all,
    [quoted image]

I'm creating a set of decals for much cheaper than that before xmas. The entire boards will be roughly $50 for an entire set. $75 for all custom board logos selection.

#214 5 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I'm creating a set of decals for much cheaper than that before xmas. The entire boards will be roughly $50 for an entire set. $75 for all custom board logos selection.

Are you creating the custom dasher graphics and Ice Logos? I have attached the configuration I would like. I appreciate your help in advance.

Dasher Board Graphic Configuration 2018.pdfDasher Board Graphic Configuration 2018.pdfEZB Logo Altered rebuilt outlines (resized).pngEZB Logo Altered rebuilt outlines (resized).pngMIN Dasher Boards  2015 (resized).pngMIN Dasher Boards 2015 (resized).png
    #215 5 years ago
    Quoted from Garmose7:

Are you creating the custom dasher graphics and Ice Logos? I have attached the configuration I would like. I appreciate your help in advance.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

custom ice sheets will come later.

#216 5 years ago

I've got a Super Chexx game that I'm looking to move. I bought the game brand new and it has been HOU its whole life. It's in perfect working order and in excellent shape.

Market Place ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70508

QSS

1 week later
    #217 5 years ago

It’s here!
    Played the crap out of it already! FYI, the newest shipments have clear plastic shrink tubing around the legs of the players. Ugly as sin, but apparently helps with chipping of the paint. I will have to add some to my bruins team, or remove them off my blackhawks team

8BE1437A-4E42-497E-BCFE-F3FA6D993092 (resized).jpeg8BE1437A-4E42-497E-BCFE-F3FA6D993092 (resized).jpeg
    #218 5 years ago

I will also have to switch the team sides so at least the red correspond with the Jumbotron. Unless someone knows how to flip the images to the opposing side

1 week later
    #219 5 years ago

Hey guys, just got my Super Chexx Pro on Thurs, and have been playing it a bunch! I have noticed my lower back is pretty sore after a few games. I am 6'2" and I feel the game is a little low, has anyone done something to adjust the height of the game?

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey guys, just got my Super Chexx Pro on Thurs, and have been playing it a bunch! I have noticed my lower back is pretty sore after a few games. I am 6'2" and I feel the game is a little low, has anyone done something to adjust the height of the game?

Seems like I saw a while back someone built a base. Either in this thread or in the regular superchex thread. I would buy one if i could.

#222 5 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

I built a simple platform with 2x4s on edge using Home Depot corner brackets. A couple 2x4s across the middle for support and used the plywood that was a part of the pallet the game was shipped on for the base. Two cans of primer/paint combo and I am in business. Doesn't move around at all. I left a little room around the edges incase I wanted to put molding, but not needed

IMG_1299 (resized).JPGIMG_1299 (resized).JPG
    #223 5 years ago
    Quoted from redwhiteandblue:

I will also have to switch the team sides so at least the red correspond with the Jumbotron. Unless someone knows how to flip the images to the opposing side

You don’t have to remove the players. Just go into the game settings and switch the red/blue team with the home/away, then they’ll match the Jumbotron.

#224 5 years ago

Thanks, I actually discovered this after I moved my player and applied base decals! either way it’s all good now and we are loving it!

1 week later
    #225 5 years ago

Looking for some advice from the Bubble hockey pros...I was thinking about getting my kids a Super Chexx Pro for xmas (USA vs. Russia)....any issues with the new builds? Anything I should be aware of? with or without the coin mech?

Appreciate the feedback

#226 5 years ago

Mine is great. Mainly the boo button is the only real negative. I miss the instant booing.

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Looking for some advice from the Bubble hockey pros...I was thinking about getting my kids a Super Chexx Pro for xmas (USA vs. Russia)....any issues with the new builds? Anything I should be aware of? with or without the coin mech?
    Appreciate the feedback

One of the pros to getting a machine with the coin mechs is when you go to sell it you have a broader buyer base. The last Chexx I sold I had a local vendor buy it from me as he needed one for a location ASAP. So he bought the my game for my asking price. If it didn't have the coin mechs then my buyers would've been limited to home buyers only. ....... just a thought!

#228 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

One of the pros to getting a machine with the coin mechs is when you go to sell it you have a broader buyer base. The last Chexx I sold I had a local vendor buy it from me as he needed one for a location ASAP. So he bought the my game for my asking price. If it didn't have the coin mechs then my buyers would've been limited to home buyers only. ....... just a thought!

Thats a great point.....thanks

#229 5 years ago

Also, good idea on USA/CCCP as it's neutral. Neutral in the sense that (again) if you sell it you're not trying to sell a game with specific teams that only a small audience wants. These are just things to think about as some day, more than likely, you will sell the game!

#230 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Also, good idea on USA/CCCP as it's neutral. Neutral in the sense that (again) if you sell it you're not trying to sell a game with specific teams that only a small audience wants. These are just things to think about as some day, more than likely, you will sell the game!

yea right now I'm deciding between USA vs Russia or USA vs Canada.....the good news is they are both is stock so I can get before xmas

#231 5 years ago

Having the coin door and coin bucket is great place to store tools needed to service the Super Chexx. Allen wrenches, spare pucks, the wire to hold up the dome, etc.

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

yea right now I'm deciding between USA vs Russia or USA vs Canada.....the good news is they are both is stock so I can get before xmas

Go with Canada, who wants to play as Russia?

#233 5 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

Go with Canada, who wants to play as Russia?

True...although most Americans remember watching the miracle on ice....that being said my kids have no clue

#234 5 years ago

I find the game much more satisfying playing as an NHL team that I like, with their logo at centre ice and on the base of the machine, makes the game much more thematic and enjoyable for me.

#235 5 years ago

Any updates on how the NHL painted players are holding up? Any noticeable chipping of clear coat and paint?

#236 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

True...although most Americans remember watching the miracle on ice....that being said my kids have no clue

I would. It's like a time warp back to the Cold War. 2 foes facing off. US vs the big, bad Russians. Land of the free vs the heel. No match up in the NHL has that kind of electricity.

1 week later
    #237 5 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

I am really tempted to get the boards, but after spending nearly $5000 CAD I'll have to wait a bit, I think the net mod looks cool though. My build date is Nov.5, can't wait!

Were here when your ready and there is nothing like the open glass the way hockey was made to be played !! check out the "how to videos" on "Start Up"

https://www.chexxmods.com/how-to-video-s

A lot of people dont really know what you get with theJUMBOTRON its like EA sports married your arcade game and the customization is endless logos heckles and chants (not just a random boo) goal horns and goal songs anything you want you can put on it even KISS CAM pics during intermissions!

If any of you have any questions please dont hesitate to message me we love finding a way to get you to theNEXT LEVEL

Hope you all Have a great Holiday with your family's here is a pic of what we play for every year in the office !

IMG_8499 (resized).jpgIMG_8499 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #238 5 years ago

So I decided to play around with the audio files and see if I can make it work...I was able to change the anthem at the beginning to 300 Violin which was an opening songs for a long while at the Hershey Bears here in Hershey...I always liked the style of the song before the team left the tunnel...here is a video of the mod to my super chexx pro:

#239 5 years ago

So I decided to play around with the audio files and see if I can make it work...I was able to change the anthem at the beginning to 300 Violin which was an opening songs for a long while at the Hershey Bears here in Hershey...I always liked the style of the song before the team left the tunnel...here is a video of the mod to my super chexx pro:

Awesome work! Boo button working sure would be nice!

#240 5 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Awesome work! Boo button working sure would be nice!

I think the boo button has the multiple sound files associated with it. I guess you could figure out which files play when you hit the boo button and change them all to the one that is an actual boo...im sure it would work fine...I can try it tomorrow

#241 5 years ago

Love it!!! I’m excited to hear nothing but Boos on the button.

#242 5 years ago

Ok so I just tried it...worked ok..but not great...the game must look for certain length clips for the boo's...There are 9 sound files that play when the boo button is hit. 4 of them are actual boo's and the other 5 are Jean saying stupid shit lol. I tried to change the 5 to match the other 4 files but it would cut out at times...not sure why...I am for now going to keep playing but I don't think there is much more editing one can do on this game.

#243 5 years ago

Ok so I just tried it...worked ok..but not great...the game must look for certain length clips for the boo's...There are 9 sound files that play when the boo button is hit. 4 of them are actual boo's and the other 5 are Jean saying stupid shit lol. I tried to change the 5 to match the other 4 files but it would cut out at times...not sure why...I am for now going to keep playing but I don't think there is much more editing one can do on this game.

I appreciate your efforts. This has been one of my biggest questions. I wonder if you took the current sound file (keeping length and name intact) and edited the sound on a pc to be boo-ing for the same length, if that would do better. Can you post the names of the files that play? Also, how did you figure out the nine files?

#244 5 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

I appreciate your efforts. This has been one of my biggest questions. I wonder if you took the current sound file (keeping length and name intact) and edited the sound on a pc to be boo-ing for the same length, if that would do better. Can you post the names of the files that play? Also, how did you figure out the nine files?

I went into the game and hit the boo button over and over waiting for each sound and wrote them down. Went into the files and was able to pick them out. They are listed as 050-058 on the miniSD

#245 5 years ago

I went into the game and hit the boo button over and over waiting for each sound and wrote them down. Went into the files and was able to pick them out. They are listed as 050-058 on the miniSD

Awesome. I’m going to pull that sucker out and see what I can do. Thanks for your work on this!

#246 5 years ago

Something else I noticed so far is using a PC to create the audacity wav file makes it play funky and not work right. Using my MacBook does it correctly. I wonder if its something to do with the encoding of the file?

#247 5 years ago

Anybody know a paint color match for the red base? I’m wanting to paint a little 2x4 riser I made.

#248 5 years ago

I painted my riser glossy black and it looks great against the red. If you paint a red riser I think it will look to bad, the contrast of the black and red really looks great.

#249 5 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

I painted my riser glossy black and it looks great against the red. If you paint a red riser I think it will look to bad, the contrast of the black and red really looks great.

Good tip. Can you post a pic?

#250 5 years ago

This is not hockey chexx but a custom all marvel characters kikks....I made it like that because I'm a huge marvel fan...I also got one side autographed by the one and only Stan Lee ....the other side will be autograph by Rob liefeld ...so we can play team Stan with Spiderman as captain vs team Rob with Deadpool as captain ....I wonder if the jumbo tron will work on this model and can you upload custom images?

20180810_213841 (resized).jpg20180810_213841 (resized).jpg20180810_223045 (resized).jpg20180810_223045 (resized).jpg20180810_223049 (resized).jpg20180810_223049 (resized).jpg20180810_223059 (resized).jpg20180810_223059 (resized).jpg20180810_223053 (resized).jpg20180810_223053 (resized).jpg20180810_223119 (resized).jpg20180810_223119 (resized).jpg20180810_223123 (resized).jpg20180810_223123 (resized).jpg
    There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/5?hl=tofhgyn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.