(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.
    #151 5 years ago

Ordered: 8/8
    Shipped: 8/29
    Delivered: 8/31

So far, the game has been a HUGE hit! I was a little worried that my kids (7 and 5) would be too young to play, but I couldn't have been more wrong. They are both big fans already and are really excited about Dad's new "toy." Overall, I'm really impressed with the game and the overall build quality. The LCD screen and LED lights seem to really impress new players right out of the gate. My only minor disappointment is the national anthem only playing for the home team and not the visitors. I was really hoping that there was a way (perhaps I missed it?) to have both teams (in my case the Wings and Toronto) have their own anthem.

I'm really hopeful the game holds up. It is funny looking back to how much I likely abused the game at the arcade when I was a kid versus how overly protective I am as an adult after shelling out $3500 to own my own game. I cringe watching the kids wildly spin the rods or clash sticks just thinking about the gears eventually wearing out. I'm sure once I've had the game for a while I will relax a bit and enjoy it even more.

Hockey (resized).jpgHockey (resized).jpg
    #152 5 years ago
    Quoted from EBDixson:

Ordered: 8/8
    Shipped: 8/29
    Delivered: 8/31
    So far, the game has been a HUGE hit! I was a little worried that my kids (7 and 5) would be too young to play, but I couldn't have been more wrong. They are both big fans already and are really excited about Dad's new "toy." Overall, I'm really impressed with the game and the overall build quality. The LCD screen and LED lights seem to really impress new players right out of the gate. My only minor disappointment is the national anthem only playing for the home team and not the visitors. I was really hoping that there was a way (perhaps I missed it?) to have both teams (in my case the Wings and Toronto) have their own anthem.
    I'm really hopeful the game holds up. It is funny looking back to how much I likely abused the game at the arcade when I was a kid versus how overly protective I am as an adult after shelling out $3500 to own my own game. I cringe watching the kids wildly spin the rods or clash sticks just thinking about the gears eventually wearing out. I'm sure once I've had the game for a while I will relax a bit and enjoy it even more. [quoted image]

The game will hold up just fine. Remember, these things are built to withstand the abuse shelled out by drunken idiots at bars.

#153 5 years ago

I'm looking for one of these in Canada. Anyone have any leads?

#154 5 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has had luck adding/replacing their own .wav sound bites to the micro SD card yet. I've tried it once and it didn't work. I tried to replace the Russian national anthem wav file with an AC/DC song and use that at the start of the game. The wav file sounded like it was playing at 1/8 the normal speed. I'm thinking, if you replace a wav file that the motherboard thinks should be 1 minute long and your new sound bite isn't the same length, it will slow down the sound bite to cover that 1 minute time frame. I didn't try to cut a wav file again at the same time length so that is just my assumption. I am afraid of messing something up.

#155 5 years ago

Sounds like you were close. I’ve not tried it. I keep meaning to. I want all Booos to be actual boo

#156 5 years ago

With all due respect guys, (this is a losing battle, lol) I dont give a sheet about the boo button.

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from Philly76:

With all due respect guys, (this is a losing battle, lol) I dont give a sheet about the boo button.

Then you aren’t a real bubble hockey player....

#158 5 years ago

Boo is a huge part of why I loved this game as a kid. The pro is amazing, but I need my good responsive boo button back.

#159 5 years ago

Red or Black base.... Laboring over this decision... lol

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

Black. And get it with the split base option.

#161 5 years ago

RED!!

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Boo is a huge part of why I loved this game as a kid. The pro is amazing, but I need my good responsive boo button back.

I traded my sweet 3rd generation super chexx to upgrade to the Pro...but all of the feedback and reviews about the boo button being basically useless has me regretting that decision now.

How else is one to rattle the opponent when they hold the puck forever to either set up a shot or to burn the clock down? Guts get REALLY pissed off when you jiggle the goalie. So what left besides the boo button?

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

Both base colors are good, however, in the wild I have always seen the RED base and never the BLACK base. So if you are going for more of an arcade feel then the RED base may be the way to go.

Gord

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I traded my sweet 3rd generation super chexx to upgrade to the Pro...but all of the feedback and reviews about the boo button being basically useless has me regretting that decision now.
    How else is one to rattle the opponent when they hold the puck forever to either set up a shot or to burn the clock down? Guts get REALLY pissed off when you jiggle the goalie. So what left besides the boo button?

You won’t regret it. It’s awesome. But I need a boo fix. Ice should get on it.

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

You won’t regret it. It’s awesome. But I need a boo fix. Ice should get on it.

Knowing ICE, it won’t happen

#166 5 years ago

Going to try to convince the wife we need one of these. Hoping to get the Capitals Champions one. Oldest just started playing hockey and I think this will get some use.

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Going to try to convince the wife we need one of these. Hoping to get the Capitals Champions one. Oldest just started playing hockey and I think this will get some use.

I can tell you when kids come over it is the most played game in my little basement arcade!

#168 5 years ago

I concur - the hockey game is always first in play. Second is the PacMan 4 player. Finally, the pins....

#169 5 years ago

Someone in CO sell me one please!

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Hey. They deliver ya know.

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Suck it up and buy a new one! It wont leave! Had an old one for 3 years before selling it for a pin and kids haven't been happy about that for 3 years so I bought a brand new one a couple of months ago and said it's not leaving this time

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Let me rephrase, someone sell me a used one for not new pricing.

#173 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I concur - the hockey game is always first in play. Second is the PacMan 4 player. Finally, the pins....

I want to get one of those 4 player pac man machines too. Kids are getting older and I’m sure we’ll have parties at the house. Oldest is starting to play pinball but who knows how long that will last.

#174 5 years ago

Here's tonight lol!

20180914_224719.jpg20180914_224719.jpg
    #175 5 years ago

I live about 20 minutes from the ICE factory headquarters, fortunately I know a couple people that work there so when I go there to pick up parts, I always get to tour the factory floor and my first stop is always the Bubble Hockey section of this impressive arcade redemption company. The games they produce are incredible but the old classic that started it all is my favorite section to visit. I came home with a “scratch and dent” new dome and Ice surface from the reject pile. They’re building PROs at a feverish pace to keep up with demand.

55C6E13A-1774-4AB2-8D51-1A0A1A5FD624 (resized).jpeg55C6E13A-1774-4AB2-8D51-1A0A1A5FD624 (resized).jpeg6C1DC2DC-8BE7-456B-BF8F-AA31325C416E (resized).jpeg6C1DC2DC-8BE7-456B-BF8F-AA31325C416E (resized).jpeg

#176 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

I live about 20 minutes from the ICE factory headquarters, fortunately I know a couple people that work there so when I go there to pick up parts, I always get to tour the factory floor and my first stop is always the Bubble Hockey section of this impressive arcade redemption company. The games they produce are incredible but the old classic that started it all is my favorite section to visit. I came home with a “scratch and dent” new dome and Ice surface from the reject pile. They’re building PROs at a feverish pace to keep up with demand.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome! Ask them about any plans or if they can give us any insight into making the boo button work as it used to

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Do they have a bigger scratch and dent pile to go through? I'm not far from them and I'd love a scratch and dent ice surface... especially a hawks one! Could also use a new dome too, trying to get the scratches out of mine has me hesitant to even start.

#178 5 years ago

Boo button sucks but my opponent was equally put off by the clucking noise each time I pushed it.

#179 5 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Do they have a bigger scratch and dent pile to go through? I'm not far from them and I'd love a scratch and dent ice surface... especially a hawks one! Could also use a new dome too, trying to get the scratches out of mine has me hesitant to even start.

No, I just happened to be there at the right time. They don't have a pile, I just asked and lucked out I guess.

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

No, I just happened to be there at the right time. They don't have a pile, I just asked and lucked out I guess.

Thanks for the response! Enjoy the surface, it’s a beaut! Please let Josh Allen look respectable tomorrow... I don’t need a win... just a reason to cheer.

#181 5 years ago

I just ordered one last week. Chexx has a promotion on right now where you get a third set of players for free with purchase. I've gone with the 1 piece black base pro model, coin door, Oilers logo on the ice surface and have Oilers, Flames and Golden Knights players coming. Should be here around the first week of October.

Gonna put my old HUO Super Chexx game up for sale shortly.

QSS

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I just ordered one last week. Chexx has a promotion on right now where you get a third set of players for free with purchase. QSS

Congrats on the order! I'm loving mine thus far, though I'm definitely a little disappointed that I missed the promo for the extra team by a few weeks. I noticed that Chexx has done a few minor updates to their website and they are now offering several used/reconditioned units as well. The prices seem pretty reasonable and include shipping if anyone is looking to buy a newer unit or an older Super Chexx and save some money.

#183 5 years ago

I made an unsuccessful attempt to edit the SD card for the scoreboard and am struggling to get the original stock settings back. Can someone share a copy of the NHL files from the micro SD card on a google sharedrive or equivalent drop location? Thank you for your help!!

#184 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Interesting to see in that second picture of yours the Pittsburgh Penguins CHEXX machine has COORS LIGHT on it!

#185 5 years ago

So for the first time ever ICE will be at PINBALL EXPO this year 2018 with the Super Chexx PRO.

#186 5 years ago

Not a deal on the reconditioned units. $2695 for last generation? They do have NHL teams but gotta take he teams they have on them, according to their website. Pass

#187 5 years ago

So question for anyone that has ordered recently, do they charge you right away or after it ships?

#188 5 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

So question for anyone that has ordered recently, do they charge you right away or after it ships?

They charge you right a freakin way. Pay up sucka.

QSS

2 weeks later
    #189 5 years ago

Can someone share the SD card dump from the Pro with me? Also... has anyone looked over the SD card that's in the scoreboard?

#190 5 years ago

Pro owners. Look at the video of my home unit and let me know if this is normal or is my system whacky? Doesnt affect game play or anything but is just annoying....

Added over 6 years ago:

Sorry I didn't say this at first, but there is a humming sound coming from the speakers. Even after I press power button off you can still here the humming. It only stops if I pull the plug from the wall or in this case in the video, I turn off surge protector.

#191 5 years ago

Not sure what I’m seeing or hearing there.

#192 5 years ago

I should have been more clear in the description, but there is a humming sound from speakers. When sounds are playing it's not noticeable. But when not playing or even more confusing is when I turn it off via the power button you can still hear it. It only stops if there is no power going to the unti. And it eventually ends with a loud pop and stops.

#193 5 years ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

Can someone share the SD card dump from the Pro with me? Also... has anyone looked over the SD card that's in the scoreboard?

Did you get the info you needed?

#194 5 years ago
    Quoted from Heisenberg:

I should have been more clear in the description, but there is a humming sound from speakers. When sounds are playing it's not noticeable. But when not playing or even more confusing is when I turn it off via the power button you can still hear it. It only stops if there is no power going to the unti. And it eventually ends with a loud pop and stops.

Try a ground lifter possibly on the end of the power cord?

#195 5 years ago

It definitely shouldn't be making that sound. Someone earlier in this thread had the same issue - you may want to contact them to see how it was resolved. Mine is completely silent. I leave it plugged in all the time.

#196 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Did you get the info you needed?

No, I'm still looking for the files from the SD cards... both the base and the scoreboards

#197 5 years ago
    Quoted from Heisenberg:

You 100% have a ground problem. A ground loop isolator, or ground lift plug would resolve this problem. Make sure your green ground wire is secure. If your problems arent resolved I'd call ICE and have it replaced.

#198 5 years ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

No, I'm still looking for the files from the SD cards... both the base and the scoreboards

I may have the sd card image. On a work trip this week. Please pm me If you haven’t heard back from me to remind me.

#199 5 years ago

Just joined the club! Took advantage of the free team promo. Got ourselves a HUO pro, black base with red and blue teams, free blackhawks team and base decal. Purchased an additional bruins team to go along with it. The best part is my invoice was created just before the bumped the price up another $200!
    Score! Can’t wait to join in The fun!!! Scheduled to be built October 31st and it feels like it’s a year away.....

#200 5 years ago
    Quoted from redwhiteandblue:

Just joined the club! Took advantage of the free team promo. Got ourselves a HUO pro, black base with red and blue teams, free blackhawks team and base decal. Purchased an additional bruins team to go along with it. The best part is my invoice was created just before the bumped the price up another $200!
    Score! Can’t wait to join in The fun!!! Scheduled to be built October 31st and it feels like it’s a year away.....

Your post got me thinking. Wouldn't it be nice if the base decals were magnets or something else that could be interchangeable and you could change the team decal when changing the players/team? Still would have the ice surface decal, but mine's Bruins on the ice surface, just interested in changing the visiting team. ICE - is this a good idea? Helps you sell more update parts.

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.