(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 19.
    #101 5 years ago

Have a HUO Superchexx available in Michigan...$2400

#102 5 years ago

Used one I saw must have sold. Considering just popping for a new one.

#103 5 years ago

I have one in my game room, and it's probably the biggest hit. Second in line is the Namco Pac Man 4 player machine. Both of these are constantly being played during every party.

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I have one in my game room, and it's probably the biggest hit. Second in line is the Namco Pac Man 4 player machine. Both of these are constantly being played during every party.

I have both these and agree both are major hits!

#105 5 years ago

Order placed today for a red pro split base.

#106 5 years ago

I'm planning to join the club in about 2 weeks and fulfill a goal from childhood to own my own Chexx machine. I'm going to get a Super Chexx Pro, HUO with a split base. I'm strongly leaning towards a Miracle on Ice version, though I'm starting to have second thoughts as I'd prefer to have a black base and it seems like everything is trimmed out more for a red base. Two quick questions - has anyone gone the route of ordering the Miracle version with the black base? If so, any feedback or pictures you could share? I realize it is more a personal choice and either version will likely look great but I want to gather some outside opinions.

Second question - I know the animations are generic (red/blue), but is the user able to select which team has the red/blue players? I'm assuming the Miracle version would have the USA as blue and Russia as Red, but if not it would be nice to be able to switch.

Final question - has anyone tried the cup holders available by ICE (they are advertised for the Super Chexx so I'm not sure they will fit) and if not, are there any recommendations for a third party solution?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from EBDixson:

Second question - I know the animations are generic (red/blue), but is the user able to select which team has the red/blue players? I'm assuming the Miracle version would have the USA as blue and Russia as Red, but if not it would be nice to be able to switch.

I own a SCP.
    You are able to select either blue or red for the home/away team on the Jumbotron. If you want the team colors to match the physical colors of the men on their respective side, I think you’d have to physically move the players to the side you want to represent ‘home’ or ‘away’. Out of the box, I seemed to remember a discrepancy of the wrong team color shown on the Jumbotron scoring a goal. The game has no idea what color player is on the playfield, all it knows is if the puck goes in one goal, it scores a goal for either Home or Away. Since I chose generic blue/red teams, I don’t move my players to the other side, I just changed who was Home and Away on the JumboTron settings. Taking the players off the playfield and replacing them is a simple process.

Separately, you can play whichever national anthem you want.

1 week later
    #108 5 years ago

Big hit! We all get crazy playing this game.

IMG_2691 (resized).JPGIMG_2691 (resized).JPGIMG_2696 (resized).JPGIMG_2696 (resized).JPG
    #109 5 years ago

Got my machine delivered within 3 weeks of ordering, its awesome. Whats the purpose of the clear plastic film that hangs down from the crossbar? My guess it deadens the puck and prevents bounce-outs?

#110 5 years ago

I just placed my order - now the long wait can begin. I went with a HUO, black split base with the Wings and Leafs. I have a 7 and 5 year old so I'm hoping they will both get years and years of fun and use out of this with each other and their friends. I rarely see this in any modern arcade anymore (which is a shame), but the nostalgia from playing this dozens of times as a kid was more than enough to justify the cost.

#111 5 years ago

If you select specific teams, can you also select specific player numbers for their sweaters?

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from Philly76:

Got my machine delivered within 3 weeks of ordering, its awesome. Whats the purpose of the clear plastic film that hangs down from the crossbar? My guess it deadens the puck and prevents bounce-outs?

Not sure what you are talking about. Can you send a pic?

#113 5 years ago

You guys who own one are super lucky.
    One of these made it all the way down under to Western Australia and made a huge impact on the pin heads who had not seen or played one before!
    Hell I am thinking of selling a pin to get one. Just need room as well.
    Best old/new school game for an arcade IMO

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

You guys who own one are super lucky.
    One of these made it all the way down under to Western Australia and made a huge impact on the pin heads who had not seen or played one before!
    Hell I am thinking of selling a pin to get one. Just need room as well.
    Best old/new school game for an arcade IMO

Completely agree. It gets more play than all my pins when I have people over.

#115 5 years ago

So I sold my original 83 two years ago and family really missed it. So bought brand new this time and its staying for the long haul! Comes tomorrow and so glad to be back in the club

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from Philly76:

Correct in your assumption .... prevents "bounce outs"

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Not sure what you are talking about. Can you send a pic?

Its hard to see actually but there is a clear plastic "film" that hangs down from the crossbar. You have to look closely. (At least there is on my Pro model)

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from Philly76:

Its hard to see actually but there is a clear plastic "film" that hangs down from the crossbar. You have to look closely. (At least there is on my Pro model)

Just got mine today and it has it! Pre-vents bounce outs... so much cool upgrades on this new machine compared to the old ones...loving it!

15338709280048068215835896215877 (resized).jpg15338709280048068215835896215877 (resized).jpg
    #119 5 years ago

A location that I have some games at in st Augustine just got an older version, any links to manuals online?

#120 5 years ago

How long does the finish hold up on the players? And do the red/blue standard players have the same finish as the custom team painted players? Trying to determine if it is worth it to get the NHL licensed team colors and logos. Replacing standard red/blue players has to be a lot less coin when they wear out.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tbachli:

How long does the finish hold up on the players? And do the red/blue standard players have the same finish as the custom team painted players? Trying to determine if it is worth it to get the NHL licensed team colors and logos. Replacing standard red/blue players has to be a lot less coin when they wear out.

Actually it isn't more expensive really, it's $99 per team for NHL.

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Actually it isn't more expensive really, it's $99 per team for NHL.

Look like it goes from $2695 to $3195 for the NHL Licensed version. Am I missing something?

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tbachli:

Look like it goes from $2695 to $3195 for the NHL Licensed version. Am I missing something?

If you buy the teams to retrofit your old chexx, they're $99. So $99 for replacement players.

I think the kit to retrofit is $400 (ice and players). However, that doesn't change the scoreboard logos and maybe some other minor details. Theoretically, it's cheaper to buy the base game, then retrofit it and sell the extra parts than it is to buy the NHL version new I believe. Yes, it sounds stupid, lol.

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tbachli:

If you select specific teams, can you also select specific player numbers for their sweaters?

No - the players don't come with numbers on them.

#125 5 years ago

I've had my Super Chexx Pro (Sharks vs. Penguins, black split base) for a few weeks now - people (particularly kids) absolutely love it.

A note for those who have the split base - if you actually need to split the base (I had a narrow doorway), note that the YouTube video from Super Chexx on the split base is for the old model, and NOT for the Pro, and thus can be misleading in figuring out what you need to do (the connections are a little different, as are the number of bolts). The instructions included in the Super Chexx Pro manual are correct, so rely on those. The video is helpful in figuring out the general context, but if they describe something that you can't see on your machine, go to the manual!

#126 5 years ago

Mine is supposed to be delivered today. Driver just called and said they don't think the truck is going to fit down my street. grrrr.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Mine is supposed to be delivered today. Driver just called and said they don't think the truck is going to fit down my street. grrrr.

Go to Home Cheapo and rent one of their trucks/vans for $19.99 for the first 75 minutes and meet the driver somewhere close that fits his truck.

https://www.homedepot.com/c/Truck_Rental?cm_mmc=SEM%7CG%7CTR%7CNA%7CNA%7CBT2%7c71700000011315882%7c58700000605183255%7c43700007667316065&gclid=CjwKCAjw2MTbBRASEiwAdYIpse3196HwakkEc4XVncTqgdYC6M1MKGYjEQyIn4itrYbyqsVAurhf2BoCVXIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COHIsuDS6twCFQuFaQod614PMw#load

Gord

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tbachli:

Totally worth it IMO. Electronics are programmed with the NHL team graphics as Home/Away, NHL Licensed playfield (team logo in center), team decals on both sides, NHL teams on side panel graphics, and of course team players.

#129 5 years ago

Unboxing mine now. One of these is not like the other....

20180813_205402 (resized).jpg20180813_205402 (resized).jpg
    #130 5 years ago

Set Up!

20180813_215907 (resized).jpg20180813_215907 (resized).jpg
    #131 5 years ago

Does anyone have any DIY or retail cupholder solution for the Pro that they use?

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from EBDixson:

Does anyone have any DIY or retail cupholder solution for the Pro that they use?

beer (resized).jpgbeer (resized).jpg
    #133 5 years ago

Boo button do anything other than start and eject puck? Boo sound?

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Boo button do anything other than start and eject puck? Boo sound?

There are a few 'boo' callouts. They are not necessarily the crowing 'booing'. The game randomly decides which one you get.
    However, to get them to play there can't be any other sounds going at the same time.

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

Wish I could install one of these:

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from EBDixson:

I use the common pinball cup holders on everything they will fit into. My pinball lineup used one on each machine. I have one on each side of my Chexx.

There's a catch though; you need to drill and tap 3 holes (8-32) to mount the holders. Once you do, they're nice and permanent.
    cup-holder (resized).jpgcup-holder (resized).jpg

superchexx-cup-holder (resized).jpgsuperchexx-cup-holder (resized).jpg

pins-cup-holders (resized).jpgpins-cup-holders (resized).jpg

#137 5 years ago

I don’t understand why ICE feels the need to splatter their website address all over their newer games. Bubblehockey.com on the pros, icegame.com on the previous model. It’s not like there are any other close products to confuse them with. Any google search of “bubble hockey” or “super Chexx” pulls them up at the top of the search. It’s like their marketing department is stuck in 1999 when the internet was so new and everyone was splattering “www-dot....” everywhere. As great as the game is, ICE drops the ball a lot. And don’t even get me started on the “Boo” button on the pro model.....

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I use the common pinball cup holders on everything they will fit into. My pinball lineup used one on each machine. I have one on each side of my Chexx.

With where those are mounted, there’s obviously no serious competition going on with that table...people have to be cracking their knuckles when going for that left winger.

#139 5 years ago

Thank you for the suggestion - I will definitely consider that as an option. The game will be positioned between two finished pillars/support beams in the basement so I may just add two small shelves there instead of onto the actual game. I'm surprised they don't have an aftermarket solution. Chexx had released one for the Super Chexx, but it doesn't look like it works for the Pro and it is plastic and somewhat cheap looking from pictures.

#140 5 years ago

Are those pingulps with the L bracket removed?

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from evh347:

There are a few 'boo' callouts. They are not necessarily the crowing 'booing'. The game randomly decides which one you get.
    However, to get them to play there can't be any other sounds going at the same time.

ICE really missed the mark on this with new model

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

Are those pingulps with the L bracket removed?

No, they're the Suzo Happ part with no bracket. I buy them 10 at a time, great price when you buy bulk:

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/accessories/27-1422-00
    EDIT: You can get the optional high grip double faced tape for it, then you won't need to drill and tap holes.

#143 5 years ago

Thanks for the link, I might get a few for an air hockey table.

Yea I wouldn't trust the tape...

#144 5 years ago

Fellas, DO NOT drill into your game for a cup holder! Get yourself a marine suction cup - cup holder. These things hold my drinks doing 30 knots going over 5ft swells. Theres a million different designs to choose from. I hope this link works.

Example
    https://www.westmarine.com/buy/boatmates--suction-mount-cup-holder--1203009?recordNum=26

#145 5 years ago

I would say, don't drill holes unless you know what you're doing. Drilling and tapping is best left to those who have experience in that.

Personally, I prefer something permanent. But. If suction cups work, go for it.

#146 5 years ago

I just tell everyone no drinks near the games and I do not require any cup holders...easy. Liquids and electronics do not mix...I never understood the cup holder craze. No offense to any cup holder fans, but it just seems like an invitation for an accident.

#147 5 years ago

After having beer or soda accidentally kicked over on the floor several times or knocked off the playfield glass, I went the cup holder route. Never look back.

#148 5 years ago

Has anyone raised the height of the game? I played at an arcade last weekend and am a bit more bent over when playing than I would like to be. Can you trust the game on a raised base?

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tbachli:

Has anyone raised the height of the game? I played at an arcade last weekend and am a bit more bent over when playing than I would like to be. Can you trust the game on a raised base?

I don't know the answer to your question, but at 6'1" I have to slump down a bit or else my view of the opponent's goal is completely blocked by the jumbotron. Great fun though. My kids love to beat me. It's the only time (besides air hockey) where my daughter uses profanity in this life.

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tbachli:

You can raise the game on a platform.

Here's a few examples:
    http://chexxfan.proboards.com/thread/1480/custom-game-man-cave?page=1&scrollTo=6306
    http://chexxfan.proboards.com/thread/1205/new-custom-base

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/3?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.