(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.
    #851 1 year ago

I have Lake Tahoe version as well and love it. Only issue for me is no one plays me much and I’m actually considering selling it.wish my brother lived closer we have some good games.

5FF6E939-9CAB-4138-921D-89558BB43E1C (resized).jpeg5FF6E939-9CAB-4138-921D-89558BB43E1C (resized).jpeg
    4 weeks later
    #852 1 year ago
    Quoted from reflex33:

Looking for some help….
    I purchased a regular super chexx pro (non nhl) because I had plans of modding it out with custom painted players and all sorts of nonsense.
    With those mods out of way, I was really hoping to have my teams show up on the score board. I acquired nhl 1.5 cards (all three replaced) but that is not enough to enable selection of the nhl teams.
    Does anyone know what I would need to do or buy to make this happen? I was thinking that I could buy a new main pcb and specify that it is the nhl version I want. I’m not sure that is enough though. Do I also need to get score board pcbs?
    Alternatively does anyone know if there is a mod that can be done to the main pcb to enable selection beyond the regular teams? Maybe someone with an nhl version can take a picture of their board? There is a jumper there with all of the connections broken on mine. Maybe the nhl version has one or more of these connected?

I think you just have to choose home and away teams in the settings. If I recall correctly, you hold down vol + and - for about 5 seconds and the settings appear on the scoreboard... scroll to the right home and away teams and pick them. No other hardware manipulation needed that I am aware of.

2 weeks later
    #853 1 year ago

Has anyone added an external on internal sub to their game or is that not possible?

#854 1 year ago

Does anyone use this stuff to clean their dome ?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #855 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Does anyone use this stuff to clean their dome ?
    [quoted image]

No is it good?

Quoted from bossk4hire:

Has anyone added an external on internal sub to their game or is that not possible?

Unknown! Sound system is pretty good on these. I usually hear mine upstairs if it’s turned up.

#856 1 year ago

I'm not sure,I saw someone on YouTube using it on their bubble hockey dome and I'd like to confirm that it's safe, before I tried it.

#857 1 year ago

I am interested in picking one up... ideally in pretty nice shape... in or around Charlotte. Anyone have one for sale? What are they running new (I searched the internet and seem them listed for like $5800... but that seems high)

#858 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am interested in picking one up... ideally in pretty nice shape... in or around Charlotte. Anyone have one for sale? What are they running new (I searched the internet and seem them listed for like $5800... but that seems high)

I bought mine new two years ago,and I think I paid 3,300 with the led lights. I stayed with the standard players, because it was a lot cheaper.
    Check to see if they're still offering Zero interest financing for one year. That was nice using their money free of charge for a year.
    P.s
    If you order from Taylor's website, he'll send you two free cupholders. Pretty nice because it's the same price regardless of who you buy it from.
    I don't make anything referring you too Taylor's website.
    You'd think he send me a couple of Snickers candy bars at least.

#859 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I bought mine new two years ago,and I think I paid 3,300 with the led lights. I stayed with the standard players, because it was a lot cheaper.
    Check to see if they're still offering Zero interest financing for one year. That was nice using their money free of charge for a year.
    P.s
    If you order from Taylor's website, he'll send you two free cupholders. Pretty nice because it's the same price regardless of who you buy it from.

Who is Taylor…. And what is his website?

#860 1 year ago

I am going to upgrade my Chexx with the Upgrade kit! I will be selling my old scoreboard and pcb boards! I don’t know a price but if interested please message me

#861 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Who is Taylor…. And what is his website?

http://gameroominfo.com/

Screenshot_20230306-175257-164 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230306-175257-164 (resized).png
    #862 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

P.s

Thanks for the mention man, I appreciate it. My website is:

http://gameroominfo.com/bubble-hockey-guide/

There's a 'Super Chexx Pro' link in there that's a referral and I'll send free cup holders to anyone that uses it, as I appreciate it.

#863 1 year ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Thanks for the mention man, I appreciate it. My website is:
    http://gameroominfo.com/bubble-hockey-guide/
    There's a 'Super Chexx Pro' link in there that's a referral and I'll send free cup holders to anyone that uses it, as I appreciate it.

Thanks! Your price list seems to be pretty dated. It looks like they have gone up by about $2000

1 week later
    #864 1 year ago
    Quoted from natty:

I think you just have to choose home and away teams in the settings. If I recall correctly, you hold down vol + and - for about 5 seconds and the settings appear on the scoreboard... scroll to the right home and away teams and pick them. No other hardware manipulation needed that I am aware of.

Whether I installed the nhl sd cards or my original non-nhl ones, the settings didn’t give me the option of any nhl teams. That’s why I assumed there was a pcb lock out of some sort.

#865 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Thanks! Your price list seems to be pretty dated. It looks like they have gone up by about $2000

It actually wasn't that bad till the last year or two, it's literally almost doubled in price. I don't quite understand why they've gotten so expensive so fast, they were at that same $2k to $2500 price range for years with only a slight bump when they moved to the pro model. I need to update my website I guess, I kept hoping that it was only temporary and that it may be coming back down some but it's clear it's permanent.

#866 1 year ago

I have a very cool banner from the Bud Light Bubble Boys days….it was used with the Bud Light promo trailer when they traveled around doing the big regional tourneys, setting up multiple games with actual dasher boards around them. Size is about 2.5 feet tall and 8 feet long. It’s big! I’m making it available here first before putting on eBay. If you are interested, PM me…still figuring out a fair price on it and thinking rare Stern game banners as a measuring stick on pricing…if you are interested, PM me.

1088CE73-7252-43B4-951A-5D2C31878F57 (resized).jpeg1088CE73-7252-43B4-951A-5D2C31878F57 (resized).jpeg13A30B6C-6BA7-43D8-822D-C6FE4F3BE707 (resized).jpeg13A30B6C-6BA7-43D8-822D-C6FE4F3BE707 (resized).jpeg5F675CA3-79DE-4B3E-8E8E-538FB1619063 (resized).jpeg5F675CA3-79DE-4B3E-8E8E-538FB1619063 (resized).jpegF70EEC52-C25D-439D-B9AA-0F31D5394FE1 (resized).jpegF70EEC52-C25D-439D-B9AA-0F31D5394FE1 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
    #867 11 months ago

Hi friends

Im from Spain and this year can finally get my super chexx pro. Many years waiting to have it and it has been very difficult getting one here in Spain.

I show you my machine with the modifications I have made, especially proud of the billboards around the playfield.

1682909015451 (resized).jpg1682909015451 (resized).jpg

I enjoyed so much with my friends and family.

#868 11 months ago
    Quoted from miliet:

Hi friends
    Im from Spain and this year can finally get my super chexx pro. Many years waiting to have it and it has been very difficult getting one here in Spain.
    I show you my machine with the modifications I have made, especially proud of the billboards around the playfield.
    [quoted image]
    I enjoyed so much with my friends and family.

Very nice!! Enjoy. Such a great party game.

#869 11 months ago

Any one know where I could go to get the boards that go all the way around the table? Are there actual boards that get installed, or is it just stickers you put in that make it look like the boards are there? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#870 11 months ago
    Quoted from jstarner79:

Any one know where I could go to get the boards that go all the way around the table? Are there actual boards that get installed, or is it just stickers you put in that make it look like the boards are there? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

On the inside? The yellow? The older games were just a sticker. The newer ish have plastic on the sides and I've heard if you put them all the way around well mess up the flow. There are some.folks that make custom logo boards for the whole way around. I had Stephane make me a set.

Screenshot_20230502_100530_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230502_100530_Messenger (resized).jpgreceived_584505500118565 (resized).jpegreceived_584505500118565 (resized).jpeg
    #871 11 months ago

Just started to add my boards to the game and I'moving how much better it looks.

20230503_063829 (resized).jpg20230503_063829 (resized).jpg20230503_063843 (resized).jpg20230503_063843 (resized).jpg20230503_063850 (resized).jpg20230503_063850 (resized).jpg20230503_063904 (resized).jpg20230503_063904 (resized).jpg
    #872 11 months ago

Those boards are looking very good bossk4hire! Where did you get your boards from?

#873 11 months ago
    Quoted from jstarner79:

Those boards are looking very good bossk4hire! Where did you get your boards from?

Stephane Lavoie..... on Facebook. Worked with me on all the logos. Great and easy to work with. Great info on this Facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/311587888906261/?ref=share&mibextid=NSMWBT

2 weeks later
    #874 11 months ago

I finally joined the club! After almost 2 years of searching I came across this on Craigslist. The guy was asking $3,000, I offered $2,500 and he agreed if I came this past weekend. I rented a high roof cargo van ($75+$10 in gas) and took a gamble on seeing this in person. The guy never even bolted the machine to the base, it was just sitting on top of the base. He told me he played it maybe 5 times. I get there and power it on and the sound was not working. I pushed the main plug in on the board heard the click and we were in business! He never mentioned it had the LED lights and was a split base. He had no clue of the buttons or how to operate it, his wife bought it and no one played it so they wanted the space back in the garage. Based on the Chexx website the model is valued at $5,100 (Super Chexx Pro NHL Model, Coyote's ice, LED Lights and Split Base)

I got it home and put the bolts in and we have been playing this non stop! I am thrilled that the wife is into it as well and pretty good. I cant wait to have family over to play and our kids friends. Some simple pledge gets finger prints off the dome as I know we have plenty of them but it is all in good fun!

I was getting ready to order the Miracle on Ice edition soon but saw this and could not pass on it simply due to the teams. The cool part is since its the NHL model you can change the logos on the scoreboard so I changed it to Devils (My team) Vs. Redwings (Wife's team) since the teams on the table are Blackhawks Vs. Coyotes, we live in Phoenix so that's not the worst. Maybe one day we will MOD it out but for now were enjoying it.

IMG_8988 (resized).jpgIMG_8988 (resized).jpgIMG_8990 (resized).jpgIMG_8990 (resized).jpgIMG_8991 (resized).jpgIMG_8991 (resized).jpgIMG_8996 (resized).jpgIMG_8996 (resized).jpg
    #875 11 months ago
    Quoted from efeiler:

I finally joined the club! After almost 2 years of searching I came across this on Craigslist. The guy was asking $3,000, I offered $2,500 and he agreed if I came this past weekend. I rented a high roof cargo van ($75+$10 in gas) and took a gamble on seeing this in person. The guy never even bolted the machine to the base, it was just sitting on top of the base. He told me he played it maybe 5 times. I get there and power it on and the sound was not working. I pushed the main plug in on the board heard the click and we were in business! He never mentioned it had the LED lights and was a split base. He had no clue of the buttons or how to operate it, his wife bought it and no one played it so they wanted the space back in the garage. Based on the Chexx website the model is valued at $5,100 (Super Chexx Pro NHL Model, Coyote's ice, LED Lights and Split Base)
    I got it home and put the bolts in and we have been playing this non stop! I am thrilled that the wife is into it as well and pretty good. I cant wait to have family over to play and our kids friends. Some simple pledge gets finger prints off the dome as I know we have plenty of them but it is all in good fun!
    I was getting ready to order the Miracle on Ice edition soon but saw this and could not pass on it simply due to the teams. The cool part is since its the NHL model you can change the logos on the scoreboard so I changed it to Devils (My team) Vs. Redwings (Wife's team) since the teams on the table are Blackhawks Vs. Coyotes, we live in Phoenix so that's not the worst. Maybe one day we will MOD it out but for now were enjoying it.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a major score, buddy...congrats!

#876 11 months ago

beelzeboob Thank you, it has been great fun.

#877 11 months ago
    Quoted from rick6668:

6) If you are having any type of strange sound or video issues, the original SD cards are failing. I had to replace 2 of the 3 (1 mainboard and 1 scoreboard) as they were dying and causing static sounds and video files to be hit or miss. I thought my unit was dying and was so happy to see that just replacing these cards fixed it. BTW if you are going through this effort, just replace all 3
    OK, you mentioned 2 of 3. Where are the 3 cards located?
    Also, that's for the info. My Sandisk 32GB cards seem to be working well.
    My cousin managed to finally make it over this weekend and everything worked flawlessly.

Hi, did you buy new ones from ICE or how did you get replacement SD Cards?

3 weeks later
    #878 10 months ago

Does anyone have an sd card image ? Mine appears to be defective.

#879 10 months ago

I have a basically brand new Chexx Pro MOI in the marketplace if anyone is interested

1 week later
    #880 9 months ago

Have an older chexx game with Bruins and Canadians players. One Canadian player has a broken stick. Either looking for a replacement or advice on fixing the break. Would rather not invest +$200 in another set of Canadian players.

Thanks,
    Steve

DSC_0001 (2) (resized).JPGDSC_0001 (2) (resized).JPGDSC_0002 (2) (resized).JPGDSC_0002 (2) (resized).JPG
    #881 9 months ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

Have an older chexx game with Bruins and Canadians players. One Canadian player has a broken stick. Either looking for a replacement or advice on fixing the break. Would rather not invest +$200 in another set of Canadian players.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Epoxy?

#882 9 months ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

Thanks,
    Steve

Loctite might help here. Looks like a clean break, so it should hide well with an adhesive.

#883 9 months ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

Thanks,
    Steve

Might be smart to drill on both sides and put in a metal rod to connect the 2 and add strength and then epoxy/glue.

#884 9 months ago
    Quoted from Ilushka85:

Does anyone have an sd card image ? Mine appears to be defective.

call or email Ice games and they will help you out.

#885 9 months ago

check ebay too.

#886 9 months ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

Might be smart to drill on both sides and put in a metal rod to connect the 2 and add strength and then epoxy/glue.

That's my plan unless I can find a replacement.

Quoted from DVDA:

call or email Ice games and they will help you out.

Tried, full sets only and no advice on fixing it.

Nothing listed.

#887 9 months ago

Was thinking about picking up a chexx table for my basement. Where is the best place to find used tables opposed to spending 5k on a new one?

#888 9 months ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

Nothing listed.

I have the 'Miracle on Ice' version and last summer my long hockey sticked CCCP winger broke his stick on the horizontal part of the stick. I ended up purchasing an entire new set ($200) of CCCP players just to replace the one broken long hockey sticked winger.

It is to bad that you are not looking for a CCCP short hockey sticked winger or I would be able to help you out. Hopefully someone else has extra Montreal short hockey sticked players in their home uniform that can help you out.

I did use gel super glue to fix the broken long stick on my Russian winger, however I ended up installing the new replacement CCCP winger as I am doubtful that my fix will hold up. I like the idea of drilling two small holes and using a small metal rod (small nail that you dremel down to size) and then using gel super glue. That may work and provide the needed strength to ensure that the repair holds up over time. I will try this fix out today as I really have nothing to lose with my broken long hockey sticked CCCP winger and that will give me a nice spare. I will post the results of my repair attempts today as well.

Gord

#889 9 months ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

Nothing listed.

I just repaired the broken hockey stick on my CCCP long hockey stick winger on my 'Miracle On Ice' version. I found a very small picture hanging nail in my nail stash and cut it to the correct length with a Dremel tool so that it could act as a metal pin to hold the two pieces of the broken hockey stick together.

Then I drilled a very small hole into each broken piece of the hockey stick where the 2 broken pieces will be joined together. I also used a gel super glue in addition to the metal pin to join the pieces together.

Once the pieces were joined I let the glue setup for 30 minutes using a small vice and then using a very fine file I filed the repaired joint smooth and it seems to be very, very strong. I will keep this repaired CCCP long hockey stick player as a spare in the event that I ever need it. I do believe that this repair will hold up to the rigors of bubble hockey play.

Gord

P1030113 (resized).JPGP1030113 (resized).JPG
    P1030114 (resized).JPGP1030114 (resized).JPG
    P1030115 (resized).JPGP1030115 (resized).JPG
    P1030116 (resized).JPGP1030116 (resized).JPG
    P1030120 (resized).JPGP1030120 (resized).JPG
    P1030123 (resized).JPGP1030123 (resized).JPG
    P1030124 (resized).JPGP1030124 (resized).JPG
    P1030125 (resized).JPGP1030125 (resized).JPG
    P1030126 (resized).JPGP1030126 (resized).JPG

#890 9 months ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

I just repaired the broken hockey stick on my CCCP long hockey stick winger on my 'Miracle On Ice' version. I found a very small picture hanging nail in my nail stash and cut it to the correct length with a Dremel tool so that it could act as a metal pin to hold the two pieces of the broken hockey stick together.
    Then I drilled a very small hole into each broken piece of the hockey stick where the 2 broken pieces will be joined together. I also used a gel super glue in addition to the metal pin to join the pieces together.
    Once the pieces were joined I let the glue setup for 30 minutes using a small vice and then using a very fine file I filed the repaired joint smooth and it seems to be very, very strong. I will keep this repaired CCCP long hockey stick player as a spare in the event that I ever need it. I do believe that this repair will hold up to the rigors of bubble hockey play.
    Gord
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Beast mode repair!! Great work

#891 9 months ago

Great write up on your repair. Gives me inspiration to give it a go and fix mine.

#892 9 months ago

Just picked up a Super Chexx. Can anyone tell me where these green wires should be connected. I assume they are ground wires and it looks like maybe they should be screwed into the top of the coin box. Any guidance or pictures would be appreciated!

PXL_20230709_171821041 (resized).jpgPXL_20230709_171821041 (resized).jpg
    #893 9 months ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

Great write up on your repair. Gives me inspiration to give it a go and fix mine.

Hi Steve,

Good deal, I was surprised at how strong my repair ended up being. Oh BTW, I just realized that 10 years ago you helped get me some Pepsi themed bar stools for my game room so thanks again for that.

Gord

#894 9 months ago
    Quoted from FlipWilson:

Just picked up a Super Chexx. Can anyone tell me where these green wires should be connected. I assume they are ground wires and it looks like maybe they should be screwed into the top of the coin box. Any guidance or pictures would be appreciated!
    [quoted image]

Here are some photos of my MOI Super Chexx version purchased in September of 2014. This should answer your question.

Gord

P1030137 (resized).JPGP1030137 (resized).JPG
    P1030138 (resized).JPGP1030138 (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #895 8 months ago

Don't know if you guys have seen this but I get pucks stuck in both corners with the bumpers. Not sure if there's a fix for that beyond just knocking the whole unit with your hand or hip to dislodge it.

Also, my corner player's stick gets hung up on the notch. I try to lift the player a few millimeters but he just falls back down to his original level.

Pictures are attached. Not sure what to do with these things but don't want to contact tech support if it's just something stupid.

New game last November btw...thanks for any and all help!

20230816_133907 (resized).jpg20230816_133907 (resized).jpg20230816_133950 (resized).jpg20230816_133950 (resized).jpg20230816_134136 (resized).jpg20230816_134136 (resized).jpg
    #896 8 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't know if you guys have seen this but I get pucks stuck in both corners with the bumpers. Not sure if there's a fix for that beyond just knocking the whole unit with your hand or hip to dislodge it.
    Also, my corner player's stick gets hung up on the notch. I try to lift the player a few millimeters but he just falls back down to his original level.
    Pictures are attached. Not sure what to do with these things but don't want to contact tech support if it's just something stupid.
    New game last November btw...thanks for any and all help![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You should go ahead and call tech support, they deal with these types of issues all the time and can likely help you fix your issue in no time. I have attached a couple of photos of my short sticked wingers in the corner on my game which is a Super Chexx 'Miracle on Ice' version purchased in September of 2014. My game is not a Pro version, but I don't have any problems with my short sticked wingers reaching the puck in the corners.

Gord

P1030155 (resized).JPGP1030155 (resized).JPG
    P1030156 (resized).JPGP1030156 (resized).JPG

#897 8 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

New game last November btw...thanks for any and all help![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had this problem with one of my players. I had to remove the ice and all of the players. Then you just have to move the player in the direction your falling short of. It’s been over three years now,so I don’t remember exactly what I did, but it wasn’t very hard to do. I might have had to loosen a set screw,and then just tighten it once the player was where it needed to be.

Give tech support a call and they’ll walk you through the fix.The worst part was pulling the players off of their post. It was very nerve wracking and I swore I was going to break something removing the players. I managed to get them off without damaging my game .It’s hard to believe that they’re just jammed on the post to keep them secure with no type of fasteners.

I think I held the ice down with my fingers right below the players feet,while I pulled up on the player. If you don’t hold your fingers like I did,there’s a plastic washer than can pull up and through the ice and break the ice right below the player’s feet. I think I got this tip from someone on YouTube. Definitely watch someone on YouTube removing the players. There’s a bunch of YouTube videos on removing the players to service the game.
    Good luck!

2 weeks later
    #898 7 months ago

Just posted my chexx pro lake Tahoe Edition for sale if anyone is looking for one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/163598

20230905_195736 (resized).jpg20230905_195736 (resized).jpg
    #899 7 months ago

Nice!

1 month later
    #900 6 months ago

Just ordered my 40th Anniversary Edition & joining this club too.

I want these since I was a kid & watched the original MacGyver TV show. Now I can get the game from the show finally into my home!

The Chexx will show up shortly before Xmas in Austria! Perfect time for snowy winter season in Europe.

Now I will start reading through tis entire thread and hope to learn everything about hardware & sound mods!

Exciting regards,
    Martin!

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.