(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 932 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 19.
    #801 2 years ago

Arena Rink floor in place. Makes for a well-rounded package.

floor-under-pro (resized).jpgfloor-under-pro (resized).jpg

#802 2 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Arena Rink floor in place. Makes for a well-rounded package.
    [quoted image]

We posted on this before ramegoom! Wanted to ask how the game stays in place? I know you have concrete floors there so do you find that the mat helps keep the machine in place more or less?

Also, when we last posted the price tag was 500$ for it and I see now online that it's 400$.

#803 2 years ago

The game will slide a bit, but it's because I used felt pads on the corners. Won't scratch the floor with felt. Aside from that, the floor itself stays put and really doesn't move after it's been through the usual crowd.

Definitely adds to the overall appearance.

#804 2 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

The game will slide a bit, but it's because I used felt pads on the corners. Won't scratch the floor with felt. Aside from that, the floor itself stays put and really doesn't move after it's been through the usual crowd.
    Definitely adds to the overall appearance.

Thanks for the post!

#805 2 years ago

14 misc players for sale. One custom painted Jeremy Roenick. $125 shipped. Pm if anyone wants them.

F3D03A10-1116-413D-A32F-636C58788774 (resized).jpegF3D03A10-1116-413D-A32F-636C58788774 (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #806 1 year ago

For anyone curious about SD cards, I purchased a new Super Chexx Pro. The SD card said NHL 1.5 and was an 8GB card with audio bitrates of 705, which is 44.1K 16 bit mono. This sounds different from some of the posts that mention larger SD cards and 32-bit audio. The card was a 10MB/s card.

Also, the text file includes Seattle Kraken which is alphabetical in the list and shifted the goal horn file numbers accordingly I believe.

2 months later
    #807 1 year ago

Anybody trying to get out of the club? I want in!

#808 1 year ago

Who is making the custom cup holders for Super Chexxx? I need a set for my game.Thanks Tim

#809 1 year ago

Search the marketplace for chexx

#810 1 year ago

So I'm hoping to be in the club before another week or two with regular Super Chexx. Can anybody tell me the difference between the pro home upgrade and pro coin op upgrade? Even a whole coin door wouldn't be $700. Is the pro upgrade worth the squeeze?

Can I get the LED light upgrade on the non-pro? I didn't see it as part of either game catalog. I know I can get these answers from these guys on the phone tomorrow but I'm impatient and like talking to you guys.

Finally, for putting this game on location what are some must have spares to have on hand? The game will hopefully have good gear boxes coming with it but I understand they only last so long...

#811 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

So I'm hoping to be in the club before another week or two with regular Super Chexx. Can anybody tell me the difference between the pro home upgrade and pro coin op upgrade? Even a whole coin door wouldn't be $700. Is the pro upgrade worth the squeeze?
    Can I get the LED light upgrade on the non-pro? I didn't see it as part of either game catalog. I know I can get these answers from these guys on the phone tomorrow but I'm impatient and like talking to you guys.
    Finally, for putting this game on location what are some must have spares to have on hand? The game will hopefully have good gear boxes coming with it but I understand they only last so long...

Maybe put boots on the players. Had one defenseman get his foot blown off.

#812 1 year ago

Hockey is a tough sport. Bet he finished the game too.

#813 1 year ago

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller. Just received a new SuperChexx Pro MOI edition a couple of weeks back and finally got done tweaking it with some custom ice / graphics and I finally have it set up the way I wanted it.

Thanks largely to some of the posters here, namely @rick6668, the last part of my customization (for now) was swapping out most of the stock audio clips and replacing them with snippets of the actual Al Michaels/Ken Dryden and Curt Chaplin broadcasts of the game. After repeatedly pouring through several pages of posts, I managed to get it done successfully (~70 of the audio files in all) and other than being a somewhat tedious process, was actually fairly straightforward once I got going.

I know audio file modification is a fairly often asked question around here, as well as across several Chexx Facebook sites- so I documented my efforts as I was going through the process and put together a pretty detailed video on how specifically I went about doing things. Hopefully that, along with Rick6668's written description posted a couple of pages back will be of use to others who want to do the same thing, but like me, had no idea how to go about it at first.

The MOI version SD does not have all of the NHL-related team names in the .txt file and lacks most of the goal-horn .wav files contained on a NHL version chip, so presume my SD may also be a bit different than the basic red vs. blue only chip, but guess I don't know that for sure.

I also know that different modders have reported different audio file specs on their associated cards. My card/table came with a Gen 1.5 chip and that required me to save everything as 22khz, 16-bit audio to work/play correctly - for what it's worth.

Anyway, hope this helps someone who might be teetering on the fence about trying to mod their stock audio:

IMG_4836 (resized).jpegIMG_4836 (resized).jpegIMG_4831 (resized).jpegIMG_4831 (resized).jpegIMG_4818 (resized).jpegIMG_4818 (resized).jpeg
    #814 1 year ago
    Quoted from MLeslie347:

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller. Just received a new SuperChexx Pro MOI edition a couple of weeks back and finally got done tweaking it with some custom ice / graphics and I finally have it set up the way I wanted it.
    Thanks largely to some of the posters here, namely rick6668, the last part of my customization (for now) was swapping out most of the stock audio clips and replacing them with snippets of the actual Al Michaels/Ken Dryden and Curt Chaplin broadcasts of the game. After repeatedly pouring through several pages of posts, I managed to get it done successfully (~70 of the audio files in all) and other than being a somewhat tedious process, was actually fairly straightforward once I got going.
    I know audio file modification is a fairly often asked question around here, as well as across several Chexx Facebook sites- so I documented my efforts as I was going through the process and put together a pretty detailed video on how specifically I went about doing things. Hopefully that, along with Rick6668's written description posted a couple of pages back will be of use to others who want to do the same thing, but like me, had no idea how to go about it at first.
    The MOI version SD does not have all of the NHL-related team names in the .txt file and lacks most of the goal-horn .wav files contained on a NHL version chip, so presume my SD may also be a bit different than the basic red vs. blue only chip, but guess I don't know that for sure.
    I also know that different modders have reported different audio file specs on their associated cards. My card/table came with a Gen 1.5 chip and that required me to save everything as 22khz, 16-bit audio to work/play correctly - for what it's worth.
    Anyway, hope this helps someone who might be teetering on the fence about trying to mod their stock audio:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great work! Thanks for posting.

#815 1 year ago
    Quoted from MLeslie347:

What color finish is that for the base? Looks great.

#816 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

What color finish is that for the base? Looks great.

Went with the “Espresso” finish, which in person came out a lot lighter than the picture on Ice’s website makes it appear. Fortunately, we saw one in person at our local dealer before ordering as otherwise I would’ve thought it too dark.

I had fully intended to get the blue split base, but my wife saw a demo model with the wood base on display and “convinced” me to order that instead.

Always best to do as the wife says, right?

1 week later
    #817 1 year ago

MLeslie347 #813. Thanks for posting the process of modifying the sound card. They were precise and easy to follow. Did some updates the other day to my sound clips. Awesome. Thanks Again.

#818 1 year ago

We are forming a Bubble Hockey group to have friendly tournaments in the Dallas, TX area. We will be playing in Carollton and have 10 people so far. Please join if you are in the area and would like to come play and hangout with us! Our goal is to have groups that lead into a small bracket and have pizza/drinks each time. Just looking to have a good time!

We have two tables already but if anyone else can contribute that may come in handy in the future if this grows!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/311587888906261

3 weeks later
    #819 1 year ago

Selling my Chexx Pro in the marketplace if anyone is interested

#820 1 year ago
    Quoted from greeneye:

Selling my Chexx Pro in the marketplace if anyone is interested

Aaaargh where were you a month ago??

#821 1 year ago

I am going to buy the basic home game. I don’t really follow the sport so no need for the added expense of NHL version. The LEDs look neat but I think they are $250 dollars for a $25 dollar part.

Before I order does anyone have a current promo code? Thanks

#822 1 year ago
    Quoted from Farmboss:

I am going to buy the basic home game. I don’t really follow the sport so no need for the added expense of NHL version. The LEDs look neat but I think they are $250 dollars for a $25 dollar part.
    Before I order does anyone have a current promo code? Thanks

I don’t. Sorry! I have the basic machine and it is awesome. You’re going to love it!

#823 1 year ago

The LED’s are a bit overpriced but they are much better than the custom ones I’ve seen people do. I’d say get them

#824 1 year ago

I didn't spring for the leds, but in typical fashion I started overthinking it and got concerned that the leds inside the game dome that trigger when a goal is scored would be missing. I emailed ice and they confirmed that the inside lights are standard. It is not very clear on their website and reviewing videos on Youtube is odd because the game has been around for decades and you are never sure what generation is being played.

1 week later
    #825 1 year ago

Other - For Sale
    “Bought a couple years ago. Bruins vs Northstars. Not much use, but broken in. Works great. A scuff was made on bubble when moving. Not in view of play. On side. Hit me up if...”
    2023-01-11
    Western Mass, MA
    1,900 (Firm)
    Archived after: 10 days
    Viewed: 937 times

2 months later
    #826 1 year ago

Looking for some help….

I purchased a regular super chexx pro (non nhl) because I had plans of modding it out with custom painted players and all sorts of nonsense.

With those mods out of way, I was really hoping to have my teams show up on the score board. I acquired nhl 1.5 cards (all three replaced) but that is not enough to enable selection of the nhl teams.

Does anyone know what I would need to do or buy to make this happen? I was thinking that I could buy a new main pcb and specify that it is the nhl version I want. I’m not sure that is enough though. Do I also need to get score board pcbs?

Alternatively does anyone know if there is a mod that can be done to the main pcb to enable selection beyond the regular teams? Maybe someone with an nhl version can take a picture of their board? There is a jumper there with all of the connections broken on mine. Maybe the nhl version has one or more of these connected?

1 week later
    #827 1 year ago

Well...looks like I'm back in the club after having sold my first Super Chexx over 10 years ago. Got a Pro with the Devils vs. Rangers. Should set up some good arguments in my basement. Didn't get the cupholders because I couldn't stomach them drilling holes in the side.

Oh...and I got a coin door because I hate home editions. I know...I have problems.

#828 1 year ago

Get the 3d printed cup holders that mount to the top

#829 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Get the 3d printed cup holders that mount to the top

Are they on pinside marketplace?

EDIT: Never mind...just found them. Thanks!

#830 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Are they on pinside marketplace?
    EDIT: Never mind...just found them. Thanks!

Yep, I have them on the marketplace, just realized that it said out of stock, lol. In any case they're back in stock and can be made in different colors, and you can do 2 or 4 of them. I didn't realize ICE was charging $60 for them now, that's crazy.

2 weeks later
    #831 1 year ago

Can anyone talk about the differences between the John Walton and Rick Jeanneret commentary? Thinking about going with Walton for a non-Caps version of the game. Is it just as easy to customize if desired?

2 weeks later
    #832 1 year ago

Anyone contemplating buying a Super Chexx Pro factory direct?

#833 1 year ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Just did. Great game.

#834 1 year ago

Don’t hesitate. Best game in my house!

#835 1 year ago

I would agree - the Chexx is by far the most popular game whenever people come over. Everyone loves it since it is simple to play yet rewarding to master.

#836 1 year ago

Hi y'all. I'm new to the group. My superchexx NHL pro game should ship on 12/16/22. Greg at superchexx hooked me up so I definitely am including a shout out to him for the excellent customer service I got. My questions I have are probably in the forums somewhere, but at least I can get updated info. I'm not sure if my game will have the goal nets with the water bottles for one, or if they include the 2 teams logos of my game (Chicago & San Jose) for the lower sides of the base of the game? I am thinking about getting a new side sticker of the 2 teams with a gradient blend towards the middle with both team logos on the ends. I did graphic arts back in the day, so I might complete it and post it for comments. I really, REALLY love what the superchexxmods team did for upgrades, however, they informed me that they are no longer offering upgrade parts for sale, only the complete tables. I do want to find the glass and boards system they did. I saw videos on youtube, and was in shock and awe. Aside from that, I am computer tech savy, so doing custom sounds and such should be easy for me. Anyone know any companies doing the glass and boards, or more detailed figures? Any info is greatly appreciated.

#837 1 year ago

Goals with Gatorade bottle is an aftermarket mod. Check out the Facebook forum page for Chexx. I bought them, they are an excellent upgrade, have the netting as well, same basic net as factory. The pedestal will have both team logos on each appropriate side.

#838 1 year ago

Note that there is a $200 discount code for Super Chexx Pro going on through year end.

#839 1 year ago

Maybe put boots on the players. Had one defenseman get his foot blown off.

2 now. Both Bruins defensemen are skating on one foot.

#840 1 year ago

Thought this design for the games side would be better than the Superchexx logo. Thoughts?

Graphic1 (resized).JPGGraphic1 (resized).JPG
    3 weeks later
    #841 1 year ago

Has anyone had luck cracking the BIN files to modify?

#842 1 year ago

Hello.. selling my Super Chexx in marketplace. Older version, split base, coin door. Thanks!

#843 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jimmyboy0727:

Has anyone had luck cracking the BIN files to modify?

Yes. I believe that has happened. I wish we could make it a key post. I don’t k is how to do it. I’ll try to find it.

Edit: ok. This guy has the best info I think. It’s starts here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/14#post-6337767

#844 1 year ago

who does board work on these? got an original 1983 and it needs some work.

#845 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Yes. I believe that has happened. I wish we could make it a key post. I don’t k is how to do it. I’ll try to find it.
    Edit: ok. This guy has the best info I think. It’s starts here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/14#post-6337767

I took a stab at this a year or so ago. I found that the files were not able to be executed and watched on my pc regardless of trying to change the filetypes and leveraging VLC. My wild guess is that the bin files are just simple encrypted mp4s (or possibly just raw files as the scoreboards have almost no processing power and I would assume they use a low overhead format) however the decryption key is built in to the scoreboards to function. There may be a very simple way around this but when I talked to ICE about it they didn't have any help to offer me.

This is my #1 item in mods, but as it stands I have not seen anyone get to a point they could even execute the files on a pc. I do wish that we had this capability though as it would really add to the fun of the game and would not hurt ICE profits in any way. I am sure the files were only protected due to the NHL copyright which is noted on every single video file on the card when it plays on the scoreboard.

#846 1 year ago

Just couldn't resist when the Lake Tahoe version came up for sale here... It's gorgeous!

39D86641-EC94-4154-8120-FCB58EA4F0A7 (resized).jpeg39D86641-EC94-4154-8120-FCB58EA4F0A7 (resized).jpeg

62A1C1DC-7135-4B6B-AE54-6CB3A29D528C (resized).jpeg62A1C1DC-7135-4B6B-AE54-6CB3A29D528C (resized).jpeg
    #847 1 year ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

Just couldn't resist when the Lake Tahoe version came up for sale here... It's gorgeous!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

You got a Super Chexx Pro, Lake Tahoe outdoors version in Switzerland? I wonder how the heck that version wound up all the way over in Europe?

QSS

#848 1 year ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

You got a Super Chexx Pro, Lake Tahoe outdoors version in Switzerland? I wonder how the heck that version wound up all the way over in Europe?
    QSS

Some Flyers fan specifically ordered it from the one distro we have and now sold it. Still super pricey, but it just looks lightyears better than the regular model, no regrets!

#849 1 year ago

I joined the bubble hockey world a few months ago. I purchased the skated ice and official NHL teams choosing the two closest teams to us (STL and Nashville) I installed it in our bar and it's done really well. We have a group of regulars that come play it every weekend now as bubble hockey is not something you see in our town (Mid-south). I set the price at 8 tokens. I've had two of the players (far right player on both sides) with some stripping of the gears. They still work but have a wonky spot. I've ordered new gear boxes to get them back to 100%.

Here is a pic of my three sons and myself playing.
    IMG_3519 (resized).jpgIMG_3519 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3520 (resized).jpgIMG_3520 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3522 (resized).jpgIMG_3522 (resized).jpg

#850 1 year ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

I joined the bubble hockey world a few months ago. I purchased the skated ice and official NHL teams choosing the two closest teams to us (STL and Nashville) I installed it in our bar and it's done really well. We have a group of regulars that come play it every weekend now as bubble hockey is not something you see in our town (Mid-south). I set the price at 8 tokens. I've had two of the players (far right player on both sides) with some stripping of the gears. They still work but have a wonky spot. I've ordered new gear boxes to get them back to 100%.
    Here is a pic of my three sons and myself playing.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Very nice indeed, that is a pretty cool bar that you have complete with pinball machines as well as bubble hockey. It looks like a good place to catch a game on the tube as well.

Super Chexx (all versions) is a great game and your patrons and family will love it.

Gord

There are 932 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.