Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 629 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by gorditas
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210509_190025 (resized).jpg
    20210509_185147 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4420 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4395 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4391 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4390 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4389 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4388 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4387 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4335 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4330 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4329 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4328 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4327 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4260 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4258 (resized).jpg

There are 629 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
    #601 24 days ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Damn that is pretty badass. I briefly checked the site out and some of those mods are pricey. After watching the video though I can see why.

Definitely worth it! I am saving up for it, can’t wait

#602 24 days ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

So no one has issues with pooling or clear coat chipping on these?

No, the playfield isn't made by Mirco!

#603 24 days ago
    Quoted from TonyScoots:

That’s the TOFHGYN setup, it’s sooo beautiful
    https://chexxmods.com/

I really wish I hadn't seen that!!!

I reached out to them to see what kind of mods we can whip up.

#604 24 days ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Only by the goal post

#605 23 days ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Well, my Bruins center tipped in a pass from the left winger and the Montreal goalie wet his pants. So yeah, a little pooling around the goal.

#606 20 days ago

Had a great convo with Mike at TOFGYN. I'm pretty sure my Super Chexx is about to turn into a mini-Verizon Center.

Unleash the Fury!

#607 19 days ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Had a great convo with Mike at TOFGYN. I'm pretty sure my Super Chexx is about to turn into a mini-Verizon Center.
    Unleash the Fury!

Man I would love to see that when done. What other team are you going with? I just ordered a Caps vs Pens last week. Got the skated on ice with the Caps center logo.

#608 19 days ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Man I would love to see that when done. What other team are you going with? I just ordered a Caps vs Pens last week. Got the skated on ice with the Caps center logo.

My game currently has Caps vs Flyers, so sticking with that.

Just waiting on the final quote for a full makeover package.

The other modification I'm going to do is build a 3.5" high platform base to raise the game up off the ground a bit. Don't know about you guys... but I'm 6' 2" and Super Chexx can inflict some back pain!

#609 19 days ago

Seems like the base is a pretty common thing people do. I’ll hold off for a bit because I have younger kids and I’m buying this for them too.

They enjoy playing it as the rink and at $2 a game I figured screw it and bought one.

94FC9FF1-AC3D-4526-86BF-AD6DAEB07583.jpeg
    #610 19 days ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Seems like the base is a pretty common thing people do. I’ll hold off for a bit because I have younger kids and I’m buying this for them too.
    They enjoy playing it as the rink and at $2 a game I figured screw it and bought one.[quoted image]

The kick in the arse is ..... when you take ownership of the new game, congrats btw, that the kids don't play it but still want to play the one at the rink for $2

#611 19 days ago

I think they’ll play it. They have been asking me to buy one and we’re pretty excited when I told them I was. Will they play it forever? Probably not.

#612 19 days ago

Parts day

20210421_143548 (resized).jpg
    #613 19 days ago

Trying too figure out where these go to ....they come off the Russian side goal on my chexx

20210421_153936 (resized).jpg
    #614 19 days ago

This was absolutely the worst

20210421_193156 (resized).jpg
    #615 16 days ago

My Boston-based family and I were in the Buffalo, NY area and made a visit to ICE headquarters/offices and manufacturing facility yesterday and were given a tour by Drew with assistance from his son Josh. A fantastic experience that really impressed us and our young kids. Drew took us around the facility for 2 hours and we met a lot of ICE employees and got to see some really cool stuff, also met engineers and other technical employees, quality control testing personnel, some really great people. They are making a lot of home arcade games these days. Check out the Jurassic Park home arcade, partnered with Raw Thrills. They also have a new home basketball arcade and ICE BALL for the home as well. ICE has a cool arcade room setup near the front entrance with these games and is now a Stern pinball distributor as well. They had Stern TMNT and AIQ there for playing. They have some cool accessories for Super Chexx, current and coming products. Check out the Super Chexx Pro mat.

www.homearcadegames.com

This company is a class act. My kids are fans.

#616 11 days ago

So for those that have ordered one in the last year or so, do they contact you about shipping and/or the game being built? I only ordered 2 weeks ago so I know I have a few more weeks to wait, but was just wondering what to expect.

#617 7 days ago

So I did the Super Chexx - to Super Chexx Pro conversion. Some observations - the kit contains just about everything you need, but it was lacking any sort of real instructions. They do have about a 50 minute video - but it does leave out a few details that took me a bit to figure out. I've never taken this apart - so it was learning process for that as well.

My base machine was a HUO 2004 machine.

I'm assuming if you're on Pinside - you've likely fixed a pin, or renovated one (I have done both many times lol) - but this kit is NOT for the faint of heart! You are literally taking apart your machine and stripping out all existing wiring (except for the ribbon cable), new PCB, new powersupply, the ice surface, all new players, new LED goal lighting, new stickers/art, and of course the star the new LCD jumbotron.

In some instances you have to use adapters to keep the original ribbon cable, and the "ooh" sensors.

I took my time - and won't lie, this is my kind of project I had fun doing it. But - upon boot - it sat DOA.

I was able to get it to run perfectly, if I turned it on off a few times (literally about 4 or 5 times - it would then boot.) I was guessing it was the power supply, but to be safe I took my time and spent about a week taking it apart again, to check all wiring, and no matter what I did it wouldn't boot on the first try.

Eventually I caved and emailed tech support - and it turns out it was a bad main PCB SD card (so they believe). They are going to send me a new one - and I'll report back. But again, I can get it to run - but definitely not ideal to turn it on/off over an over.

They did forget to send me the LED light bar upgrade I ordered, and there's a metal threaded piece that secures the jumbotron at the top that was also missing. So - no worse than any of our beloved pin manufacturers. They did rectify everything fairly quickly.

Anyway - this ain't cheap - but you can't argue it's a great upgrade and if we could upgrade pins like this - I know we all would lol.

I love the way it looks - and you would never know this was a 2004 base machine!

IMG_4228 (resized).jpgIMG_4229 (resized).jpgIMG_4248 (resized).jpgIMG_4258 (resized).jpgIMG_4260 (resized).jpgIMG_4327 (resized).jpgIMG_4328 (resized).jpgIMG_4329 (resized).jpgIMG_4330 (resized).jpgIMG_4335 (resized).jpgIMG_4387 (resized).jpgIMG_4388 (resized).jpgIMG_4389 (resized).jpgIMG_4390 (resized).jpgIMG_4391 (resized).jpgIMG_4395 (resized).jpgIMG_4420 (resized).jpg
    #618 7 days ago

Bravo. Not gonna lie, I probably would have sold the 2004 and used the proceeds to by a new pro. The effort looks...daunting.

#619 6 days ago
    Quoted from mamemaster:

So I did the Super Chexx - to Super Chexx Pro conversion. Some observations - the kit contains just about everything you need, but it was lacking any sort of real instructions. They do have about a 50 minute video - but it does leave out a few details that took me a bit to figure out. I've never taken this apart - so it was learning process for that as well.
    My base machine was a HUO 2004 machine.
    I'm assuming if you're on Pinside - you've likely fixed a pin, or renovated one (I have done both many times lol) - but this kit is NOT for the faint of heart! You are literally taking apart your machine and stripping out all existing wiring (except for the ribbon cable), new PCB, new powersupply, the ice surface, all new players, new LED goal lighting, new stickers/art, and of course the star the new LCD jumbotron.
    In some instances you have to use adapters to keep the original ribbon cable, and the "ooh" sensors.
    I took my time - and won't lie, this is my kind of project I had fun doing it. But - upon boot - it sat DOA.
    I was able to get it to run perfectly, if I turned it on off a few times (literally about 4 or 5 times - it would then boot.) I was guessing it was the power supply, but to be safe I took my time and spent about a week taking it apart again, to check all wiring, and no matter what I did it wouldn't boot on the first try.
    Eventually I caved and emailed tech support - and it turns out it was a bad main PCB SD card (so they believe). They are going to send me a new one - and I'll report back. But again, I can get it to run - but definitely not ideal to turn it on/off over an over.
    They did forget to send me the LED light bar upgrade I ordered, and there's a metal threaded piece that secures the jumbotron at the top that was also missing. So - no worse than any of our beloved pin manufacturers. They did rectify everything fairly quickly.
    Anyway - this ain't cheap - but you can't argue it's a great upgrade and if we could upgrade pins like this - I know we all would lol.
    I love the way it looks - and you would never know this was a 2004 base machine![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome job, Thank you for the info. I am also thinking about doing the upgrade, was going to buy a new one but I figured it’s only $1100-$1200 for the upgrade and I can sell the old stuff for probably $500

#620 6 days ago
    Quoted from TonyScoots:

Awesome job, Thank you for the info. I am also thinking about doing the upgrade, was going to buy a new one but I figured it’s only $1100-$1200 for the upgrade and I can sell the old stuff for probably $500

Literally exactly what I did.

#621 6 days ago

If anyone is upgrading your super chexx to the Pro upgrade package or tofghin mods package, I would be interested in your old board/scoreboard/etc. PM me with details.

#622 3 days ago

Well, been reading this forum for a few weeks, just joined today. Got an email this morning that my Super Chexx Pro shipped yesterday and is supposed to arrive today. Can't wait! Lots of useful info here, looking forward to investigating the audio/video files.

#623 3 days ago

Well it arrived and it's beautiful, Penguins vs Whalers. The only problem is the ice surface is the original one and not the new skated version which I ordered. I emailed them for resolution. Will update when I hear from them.

#624 3 days ago
    Quoted from rick6668:

Well it arrived and it's beautiful, Penguins vs Whalers. The only problem is the ice surface is the original one and not the new skated version which I ordered. I emailed them for resolution. Will update when I hear from them.

They will make it right fast. It’s not Stern.

#625 3 days ago
    Quoted from rick6668:

ICE has a skated on surface floor mat to go under the Super Chexx machine as well. I am thinking of getting one:

www.homearcadegames.com

#626 1 day ago

I had a gearbox collar come off the end of a rod. By the looks of it, the rod wasn't bottomed out in the collar. I was sure I was going to break that first player I pulled off. His washer came with him, through the ice! I knew there had to be a better way. I was then reminded of an automotive tool that I use to remove "Christmas tree" fasteners. I put a piece of cardboard that had a slot cut in it under the player to protect the ice, then went to work. The subsequent players came off quite easily.

Now I just have to wait until tomorrow to buy a small square bit to fit the machine screws. I've got every Torx imaginable, and many square bits. But nothing in the right size.

20210509_185147 (resized).jpg20210509_190025 (resized).jpg
    #627 16 hours ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

I had a gearbox collar come off the end of a rod. By the looks of it, the rod wasn't bottomed out in the collar. I was sure I was going to break that first player I pulled off. His washer came with him, through the ice! I knew there had to be a better way. I was then reminded of an automotive tool that I use to remove "Christmas tree" fasteners. I put a piece of cardboard that had a slot cut in it under the player to protect the ice, then went to work. The subsequent players came off quite easily.
    Now I just have to wait until tomorrow to buy a small square bit to fit the machine screws. I've got every Torx imaginable, and many square bits. But nothing in the right size.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I purchased the following player removal tool from Pinsider latenite04 in January of 2020. I haven't had the need to use it yet, but it looks pretty slick in his video from the following URL.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/44#post-5423224

Gord

#628 3 hours ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

I had a gearbox collar come off the end of a rod. By the looks of it, the rod wasn't bottomed out in the collar. I was sure I was going to break that first player I pulled off. Hi Jos washer came with him, through the ice! I knew there had to be a better way. I was then reminded of an automotive tool that I use to remove "Christmas tree" fasteners. I put a piece of cardboard that had a slot cut in it under the player to protect the ice, then went to work. The subsequent players came off quite easily.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Could you tell me the name of this tool,I'd like to get one? It seems so wrong the way you have to remove the players by just yanking them off!

#629 3 hours ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Could you tell me the name of this tool,I'd like to get one? It seems so wrong the way you have to remove the players by just yanking them off!

I bought mine in 1995. This is the updated version:

"3 pc Body Clip Set – Panel Clip Pliers | KDT3705 | Snap-on Store" https://shop.snapon.com/product/supplemental/3-pc-Body-Clip-Set-%E2%80%93-Panel-Clip-Pliers/KDT3705

There are 629 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside