(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 19.
    #551 3 years ago
    Quoted from ray3127:

Here a couple pics of my Super Chexx Pro now that the surrounding area is done. Ordered just before Christmas, and arrived a month later. Big thanks for this thread (especially taylor34) for the guidance.
    As you can see, I went with the LED upgrade. I think it adds to the ambiance of the game, and would definitely recommend it. Since it's "free" through March it's a no brainer, but in the future I wouldn't hesitate to pay for the upgrade. I also built a riser box and have used it since day one. I am 6'1" and can't imagine playing without the extra height.
    If you concerned about nobody wanting to play as the Russians with the MOI edition, don't be... I was worried about this, and frankly it doesn't matter. Once you start playing, it's game on. I DO think that the extra $ for a licensed setup (NHL or Team USA) IS worth it. Just my two cents.
    Super Chexx is what brought me to Pinside, and now I own 2 pinball machines as well... So thanks, Pinside.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the shout out. I made a riser platform too, have a video of here:

If anyone orders through the link on my website, I'll send them free cupholders too (along with my gratitude).

I built the riser with 2x4's and some thinner trim pieces just moved up a little. Needs some holes filled but for something that cost about $30 to make it's not too bad. Takes quite a bit of time though due to the painting part which isn't fast. Trim pieces keep the table from escaping the riser.

I think the LED upgrade is probably worth it. Though some people have made their own for cheaper (but is it really worth the effort)?

#552 3 years ago

Scooping up a super chexx tonight.....what size socket is it to remove the top from the base ?

#553 3 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

Scooping up a super chexx tonight.....what size socket is it to remove the top from the base ?

A long 1/4 inch allen wrench.

#554 3 years ago
    Quoted from jonboy71:

Question about the base. Are you able to angle this thing and get it inside a 30" doorway? By the design, it looks to me like you should be able to.

YES - Split base is not needed for a 30" door. Basically you lay it on its side then angle it in. You'll have no issue. Best to have two people to do it as it's not heavy, just bulky to do by yourself.

#556 3 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

YES - Split base is not needed for a 30" door. Basically you lay it on its side then angle it in. You'll have no issue. Best to have two people to do it as it's not heavy, just bulky to do by yourself.

Note that sometimes it's not possible to angle the base depending on walls. Ran into that one time myself.

#557 3 years ago

In at 750.00

20210331_185522 (resized).jpg20210331_185522 (resized).jpg
    #558 3 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Speakers seem fine. I just want a more
    Reactive boo button

+1 The only time I use the boo button is when the puck drops down the puck ejector.

#559 3 years ago

I bought the new SuperChexx right when it came out a couple years ago and the LED lights weren't an option. Can they be added?

#560 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dexter:

I bought the new SuperChexx right when it came out a couple years ago and the LED lights weren't an option. Can they be added?

I answered my own question with a call to ICE. They added the LED kit to the website and you can add it after the fact.

$200

#561 3 years ago

Can a chexx be modded up the same way as a super chexx? With the Jumbo tron and acrylic boards?

#562 3 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

Can a chexx be modded up the same way as a super chexx? With the Jumbo tron and acrylic boards?

Yes it’s $995 plus tax on the ice website it’s called the upgrade

1 week later
    #563 3 years ago

Anybody ever order a replacement Chexx NHL player from ICE?

#564 3 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anybody ever order a replacement Chexx NHL player from ICE?

I've never ordered replacements since my game is brand new, but it seems pretty straight forward to order a replacement set:

https://www.homearcadegames.com/category/5/extra-super-chexx-player-sets

However, as you said "player" rather than "players", if you have a single broken man, you might try contacting them directly. I don't know if they'll do it, but as the players are hand painted to order anyway, they might.

#565 3 years ago

SDTM: Super Chexx Pro Bubble Hockey Unboxing & Gameplay

#566 3 years ago

So what do you guys think of the new skated on ice? My kids really enjoy playing this at the local ice rink. Trying to convince the wife to let me get one. Might have to sell another pin.

#567 3 years ago
    Quoted from kitkat54:

I've never ordered replacements since my game is brand new, but it seems pretty straight forward to order a replacement set:
    https://www.homearcadegames.com/category/5/extra-super-chexx-player-sets
    However, as you said "player" rather than "players", if you have a single broken man, you might try contacting them directly. I don't know if they'll do it, but as the players are hand painted to order anyway, they might.

I contacted ICE and you have to buy a whole NHL team. It's on their site under Buy Parts. I think at present it's $135 per NHL team.

#568 3 years ago

Anyone order from ChexxMods.....think I'm getting ghosted

#569 3 years ago

I did. I'm suprised they are not responding. I had a few questions and got back to me real quick. Keep trying!

#570 3 years ago
    Quoted from Heater:

I did. I'm suprised they are not responding. I had a few questions and got back to me real quick. Keep trying!

Yeah I will, just not trying to be annoying

#571 3 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

Anyone order from ChexxMods.....think I'm getting ghosted

They did that to me a couple years ago, couldn't get any information from them, which made me hesitant to recommend them on my site. I think they're reputable, but very inconsistent on email.

#572 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Great video Zach

#573 3 years ago
    Quoted from Heater:

Same thing with me - was in contact with Mike at Chexxmods and always back to me fairly quick. I know he said they were moving their shop location so that could be why. Super guys to deal with so far and looks like a fantastic product.

#574 3 years ago

Does Ice charge your CC right away or only when they ship? Hoping to move some pins soon and order one of these.

#575 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

What’s awesome is you can buy these Direct from ICE. Better customer service than Stern too. I had an issue and got replacement parts in a few days.

#576 3 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

What’s awesome is you can buy these Direct from ICE. Better customer service than Stern too. I had an issue and got replacement parts in a few days.

Yes, buying direct is always an option as well. We like the product, so we carry it as well for those individuals that like supporting a fellow pinball enthusiast such as ourselves

#577 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Yes, buying direct is always an option as well. We like the product, so we carry it as well for those individuals that like supporting a fellow pinball enthusiast such as ourselves

Never quite understood ICE's relationship with re-sellers. I bought mine direct from ICE and the transactiion was the least expensive option and the unit was built and delivered into my garage without issue. Have not had one issue with it and bought it (NHL version but pre-Pro model) in Feb 2016. That said, the players get banged up, just like real hockey, when blocking shots or just get in the way of a shot. Recently one of my Montreal Canadien shots knocked the non-posted foot off of the right Bruins defenseman. Sometimes that Hab-pens.

Footless Bruins Defenseman (resized).jpgFootless Bruins Defenseman (resized).jpg
    #578 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Nice video, Zach... left me imaging the blood bath that would occur if I popped in for a game or two on your Chexx

#579 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Same price?

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Never quite understood ICE's relationship with re-sellers. I bought mine direct from ICE and the transactiion was the least expensive option and the unit was built and delivered into my garage without issue. Have not had one issue with it and bought it (NHL version but pre-Pro model) in Feb 2016. That said, the players get banged up, just like real hockey, when blocking shots or just get in the way of a shot. Recently one of my Montreal Canadien shots knocked the non-posted foot off of the right Bruins defenseman. Sometimes that Hab-pens.

I wish nib pinballs were direct and you could save money. My distributor hasn’t been helpful in any way with my issues. They just say it’s the manufacturer. So pass the buck and take the next order.

#580 3 years ago

So anyone buy one recently? How long is the wait? I’m probably going to purchase one tonight or tomorrow after I sell these last 2 pins.

#581 3 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

So anyone buy one recently? How long is the wait? I’m probably going to purchase one tonight or tomorrow after I sell these last 2 pins.

Just call ICE in NY. They are super helpful on phone. They actually answer the phone too not like these pinball manufacturers.

#582 3 years ago

Damn must be busy. Looking at 5 weeks for deleivery.

#583 3 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Damn must be busy. Looking at 5 weeks for deleivery.

I think mine took about 4 weeks that was pre covid19. Just remember you’re getting a superior product than a pinball machine with a way better warranty. The tech support is awesome on the phone if you need them.

#584 3 years ago

I think mine took about 4 weeks that was pre covid19. Just remember you’re getting a superior product than a pinball machine with a way better warranty. The tech support is awesome on the phone if you need them.

Yeah I’m not to worried about it.

What do you guys think of the new ice that looks like it’s been skated on and has a more retro look?

#585 3 years ago

Same price?

I wish nib pinballs were direct and you could save money. My distributor hasn’t been helpful in any way with my issues. They just say it’s the manufacturer. So pass the buck and take the next order.

Yeah same price as ICE. Regarding your distro, maybe you need to find a better one. I know how much time I put into making sure customers are happy with their machines and are supported when things go wrong.

#586 3 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Yeah I’m not to worried about it.
    What do you guys think of the new ice that looks like it’s been skated on and has a more retro look?

Ordered one today and skipped the skated ice because I want the white background and with a larger center ice logo.

#587 3 years ago

Spoke to ICE this week and turnaround right now is around 4 weeks

#588 3 years ago

Well just placed an order for one. Went with the skated ice.

#589 3 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Well just placed an order for one. Went with the skated ice.

I can’t find the skated ice on their website... anyone have a link to it?

#590 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I can’t find the skated ice on their website... anyone have a link to it?

The skated on ice was a feature of the Tahoe edition game. Unless that has changed recently, they hadn't been offering that except as part of the Tahoe edition games.

#591 3 years ago
    Quoted from kitkat54:

The skated on ice was a feature of the Tahoe edition game. Unless that has changed recently, they hadn't been offering that except as part of the Tahoe edition games.

Currently offered for any team on a new build

0DA0D8B6-6FAA-44F9-B9A5-C38B53DD4BAB (resized).jpeg0DA0D8B6-6FAA-44F9-B9A5-C38B53DD4BAB (resized).jpeg
    #592 3 years ago

I was watching Zach’s video which led me down the YouTube rabbit hole. I came across a video called “Amazing Super Chexx Pro Bubble Hockey Table Transformation” by YouTube user Marc Savard. It showed his version from ICE followed by him getting all kinds of mods from a third party company. The end result is incredible and changes the bubble to high plexiglass that you can reach down into, custom players, custom decals, custom playing surface (not the ICE version), a mod to the boards that will push the the puck off the boards for 1 of the wings on each team, custom video board to an actual video board with clips of the “players” that are on the ice at the time, records the action of the SC game, and shows goal replays. The entire package looks incredible, but I am sure it is costly.

#593 3 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

I was watching Zach’s video which led me down the YouTube rabbit hole. I came across a video called “Amazing Super Chexx Pro Bubble Hockey Table Transformation” by YouTube user Marc Savard. It showed his version from ICE followed by him getting all kinds of mods from a third party company. The end result is incredible and changes the bubble to high plexiglass that you can reach down into, custom players, custom decals, custom playing surface (not the ICE version), a mod to the boards that will push the the puck off the boards for 1 of the wings on each team, custom video board to an actual video board with clips of the “players” that are on the ice at the time, records the action of the SC game, and shows goal replays. The entire package looks incredible, but I am sure it is costly.

Link?

#595 3 years ago

That’s the TOFHGYN setup, it’s sooo beautiful

https://chexxmods.com/

#596 3 years ago

Damn that is pretty badass. I briefly checked the site out and some of those mods are pricey. After watching the video though I can see why.

#597 3 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

I ordered mine on 2/14/21 and received it on 3/25/21.

#598 3 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Currently offered for any team on a new build [quoted image]

Best of all you won’t have any playfield issues.

#599 3 years ago

I dig that instant replay.

#600 3 years ago

Best of all you won’t have any playfield issues.

So no one has issues with pooling or clear coat chipping on these?

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.