(Topic ID: 208678)

Super Chexx Pro Owners Club

By paynemic

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5485 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
    F20B2920-37B1-48EA-94C0-A12B81FBDA2D (resized).jpeg
    B12015E1-396B-4540-BCA7-541D21FB6DBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    image_50404097 (resized).JPG
    image_50443777 (resized).JPG
    image_16807425 (resized).JPG
    image_67139073 (resized).JPG
    image_67183361 (resized).JPG
    image_67516929 (resized).JPG
    image_67174913 (resized).JPG
    image_50382081 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 19.
    #501 3 years ago
    Quoted from spjohn1964:

I just ordered my 1st Bubble hockey game! After a long time of deliberation of deciding to go new vs used, SuperChexx vs cheaper brand (Shelti, Carrom etc.) SuperChexx Pro, NHL or other configuration. I went with the standard SuperChexx (HUO)Pro standard base, no cup holders & no led... However I did get a free Tampa Bay Lightning Ice surface! Go Bolts⚡⚡⚡ It had to be shipped separately as it could not be included with a non NHL themed game. However it was still free! From what I have researched it is not that hard to swap out Ice surfaces. I am very, very excited to get this game! I went with the base model and figure I can do my own custom things as time goes on. I have seen a lot of great ideas on this thread. I do have one question. Has any one figured out to make the Boo button more responsive or at least supersede the other audio sounds? I probably will not be not as disappointed as some as I never had the previous version. However I did expect by it's own explanation that when one would hit the "Boo" button there would be a sound of the crowd booing!

I thought someone in this thread made the boo button only do booing by replacing all the other sounds with just the boo. Can anyone confirm?

1 week later
    #502 3 years ago

Cleaning off the shelves. Two complete teams plus 4 bonus players. Perfect for anyone wanting to custom paint teams for their game. $100 shipped

471952E9-40B3-42DA-AFA2-04B52C96D1CB (resized).jpeg471952E9-40B3-42DA-AFA2-04B52C96D1CB (resized).jpeg
    #503 3 years ago

Hey guys, a newbie here. I have a 1988 2nd gen super chexx pcb. how would i go about changing the anthem?

1 week later
    #504 3 years ago

Well my dream game arrived today! There was a little shipping miscommunication so the game arrived before my better 1/2 left for work. So with out me being able to hide it in the shed, I had to divulge a Christmas surprise! I love it! She hates it! She see's no point in it & thinks it's way to big! (That's what she said! ) We have been arguing about it all day! It's okay I know she'll come around! She was the exact way when I bought my 1st Pin & she loves it now! Also got my Tampa Bay Lightning Ice surface for free as promised. I've only had a chance to play a couple of games on it with My Niece's fiancee (He thought it was fricken killer)... As of yet my better 1/2 won't even consider it...

20201127_121109 (resized).jpg20201127_121109 (resized).jpg20201127_121140 (resized).jpg20201127_121140 (resized).jpg20201127_121155 (resized).jpg20201127_121155 (resized).jpg20201127_121502 (resized).jpg20201127_121502 (resized).jpg
    #505 3 years ago
    Quoted from spjohn1964:

Well my dream game arrived today! There was a little shipping miscommunication so the game arrived before my better 1/2 left for work. So with out me being able to hide it in the shed, I had to divulge a Christmas surprise! I love it! She hates it! She see's no point in it & thinks it's way to big! (That's what she said! ) We have been arguing about it all day! It's okay I know she'll come around! She was the exact way when I bought my 1st Pin & she loves it now! Also got my Tampa Bay Lightning Ice surface for free as promised. I've only had a chance to play a couple of games on it with My Niece's fiancee (He thought it was fricken killer)... As of yet my better 1/2 won't even consider it...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club. My wife plays with me. She use to be terrible but a year later she puts in one hell of a fight. She laughs so hard playing too with my shenanigans. Tell her to freakin chill and give it a chance.

#506 3 years ago

Me and the wife play daily, she can beat most of my friends! Since she is no match for me, I handicap myself by not being able to touch the goalie. Now she wins once in a while!

#507 3 years ago
    Quoted from spjohn1964:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My wife never came around, but doesn’t mind it. I love mine! Enjoy!

#508 3 years ago

Well my better 1/2 actually played our game with me and I think she started to appreciate it a little bit. I do think I am going to do a pedestal to raise the machine up a little as I had to agree with one of her comments of being hunched over made for some back pain. But I'm happy that she is now willing to try to enjoy it. I had another moment of enjoyment yesterday as we were out and about we stopped at one of our local malls. There is a shop called "Elite Home Game Rooms" I love the place but their prices are severely inflated! Anyhoo they had an assembled Hathaway Breakout bubble hockey game. They were asking 2k for it. The minute my wife started looking it over & grabbed on of rod handles to operate the skaters she was like "What a piece of $#!T! That brought a big smile to my face. Oh and when the salesmen brought up the benefits of having the score counter off to the side for LOS she literally laughed in his face lol. Then started telling the dude how superior our SuperChexx Pro was! More smiles lol

1 month later
    #509 3 years ago

For those interested, I sell the dasher board logos for Super Chexx.

You get (2) pieces printed on high quality vinyl for $30 plus shipping. These pieces are cut to the same size as the existing white dasherboard strips. These pieces also have a coating to protect the logo art from wear during gameplay. It's fairly easy to remove and refit as necessary, so it's not a one and done install. Sorry, I do not do custom logos. NOTE: You will need 3 sets if you want to do the entire bubble.

31B53FAB-D0C7-4E71-98E4-055FA7DFA557 (resized).jpeg31B53FAB-D0C7-4E71-98E4-055FA7DFA557 (resized).jpeg8EAFF507-DE0C-4CBE-8B89-FE442A837B34 (resized).jpeg8EAFF507-DE0C-4CBE-8B89-FE442A837B34 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
    #510 3 years ago

Have all the original issues with the Pro been resolved?

I own a super chexx that’s in excellent shape (habs vs Boston), do you see any real reason to upgrade?

Does anyone prefer any of the 3rd party mods compared to upgrading to a pro? If so, which mods? I see people upgrading nets but then I see those same people mentioning that the pick can bounce out now.

From a nostalgic perspective, I grew up with the regular one so it’s not like I have a compelling reason to upgrade but I’m still open to being convinced.

#511 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcader12:

Have all the original issues with the Pro been resolved?
    I own a super chexx that’s in excellent shape (habs vs Boston), do you see any real reason to upgrade?
    Does anyone prefer any of the 3rd party mods compared to upgrading to a pro? If so, which mods? I see people upgrading nets but then I see those same people mentioning that the pick can bounce out now.
    From a nostalgic perspective, I grew up with the regular one so it’s not like I have a compelling reason to upgrade but I’m still open to being convinced.

Until they solve the poor response of the Boo button, I’ll stick with my 1990’s era Super Chexx.

Also, I don’t like the trapezoid on the ice surface behind the goalie on the NHL logo surfaces. The way the bubble edge refracts the line is distracting when the puck is behind the net.

1 week later
    #512 3 years ago

Hi all,

Introducing myself as a new user here. I've been reading the 2 Chexx threads on here, tons of great info! Have to say that I felt a tinge of sadness to learn about Who-Dey, his posts had so much passion in them. May he RIP.

I'm getting ready to order my own family's SuperChexx Pro...it will be like a dream come true to have one on unlimited free play in my house! It will complete the house's collection of table hockey games (currently including an old Coleco, recent Stiga that belongs to my son and one of the last Benej games). Now that my son beats me on the Benej, time to bring on the big guns.

I'm having trouble, as many do, with the choices. Customization is great since we can get the game we want...but...what do I want? I like the idea of the NHL game as it will allow me to enjoy my Habs and their goal horn...but then someone will have to play as the "bad guys" (Nordiques most likely). With a basic red vs. blue game, there isn't really a "bad guys" team, and I'll have $625 more in my pocket ($500 for NHL upgrade, $125 for the logo ice sheet). How to choose...

I've just about ruled out the Canada/USA version (MOI doesn't interest me as I'm Canadian...I might want a 72 Super Series version if one existed). It seems that other than the custom graphics, the rest (ice sheet and players) can be added after the fact, which isn't the case with the NHL version since the scoreboard/computer is different. So if I want the Canada/USA setup, I'll do that later.

At the end of the day, I just need to make a choice so I can get my order in the queue.

BTW - taylor34 , if I want to pass my order through your link, I just use any SuperChexx link from your site?

Thanks for any pointers you more experienced users might have for me!

#513 3 years ago
    Quoted from Countingbackward:

Hi all,
    Introducing myself as a new user here. I've been reading the 2 Chexx threads on here, tons of great info! Have to say that I felt a tinge of sadness to learn about Who-Dey, his posts had so much passion in them. May he RIP.
    I'm getting ready to order my own family's SuperChexx Pro...it will be like a dream come true to have one on unlimited free play in my house! It will complete the house's collection of table hockey games (currently including an old Coleco, recent Stiga that belongs to my son and one of the last Benej games). Now that my son beats me on the Benej, time to bring on the big guns.
    I'm having trouble, as many do, with the choices. Customization is great since we can get the game we want...but...what do I want? I like the idea of the NHL game as it will allow me to enjoy my Habs and their goal horn...but then someone will have to play as the "bad guys" (Nordiques most likely). With a basic red vs. blue game, there isn't really a "bad guys" team, and I'll have $625 more in my pocket ($500 for NHL upgrade, $125 for the logo ice sheet). How to choose...
    I've just about ruled out the Canada/USA version (MOI doesn't interest me as I'm Canadian...I might want a 72 Super Series version if one existed). It seems that other than the custom graphics, the rest (ice sheet and players) can be added after the fact, which isn't the case with the NHL version since the scoreboard/computer is different. So if I want the Canada/USA setup, I'll do that later.
    At the end of the day, I just need to make a choice so I can get my order in the queue.
    BTW - Taylor34 , if I want to pass my order through your link, I just use any SuperChexx link from your site?
    Thanks for any pointers you more experienced users might have for me!

The Canadians vs The Leafs. Classic!!!! And you get to make of The Leafs and their 54 year winless steak since their last cup! Even more classic!!!

QSS

#514 3 years ago

Led Add-On, yes or no?

Have not seen it in person.

#515 3 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

The Canadians vs The Leafs. Classic!!!! And you get to make of The Leafs and their 54 year winless steak since their last cup! Even more classic!!!
    QSS

I like that idea because I do like the Leafs' uniform, and enjoy the ol' "67" chant - but there hasn't been a real rivalry with the Leafs in my lifetime - we haven't met in the playoffs since 1979. The rivalries I remember are the Nordiques in the 80's/early 90s and the Bruins seemingly forever, though much less in recent years.

But my real challenge is deciding if the NHL version is worth the extra $$. Really, I think I prefer the NHL version, but $625 extra for teams & ice sheet is a big difference for aesthetics might be more "different" than "better"...the NHL one is more adult looking, but also busier with all the logos. Both look best in black IMHO.

IdahoRealtor - I say "yay" if it's going into a room with many focal points and you want to highlight it more, "nay" if it's already going to stick out as the primary focal point in the room. Not having seen it, of course.

#516 3 years ago

Lake Tahoe Edition?! Looks pretty sweet.

152019502_10159246688024742_6537374329959397719_n (resized).jpg152019502_10159246688024742_6537374329959397719_n (resized).jpg

#517 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

[quoted image]

Thought about driving up for the weekend but from what I read you can't get close to the game or anything. Only folks with credentials. Damn you CoVID

#518 3 years ago

I like the idea of the NHL game as it will allow me to enjoy my Habs and their goal horn...but then someone will have to play as the "bad guys"

Not necessarily. Both players can be the good guys!

46B56840-2FF2-4201-9A60-43024B1A5AAA (resized).jpeg46B56840-2FF2-4201-9A60-43024B1A5AAA (resized).jpeg
    #519 3 years ago

As a followup to my decision process...I just ordered my game! Went with my initial instinct, NHL Edition, the Battle of Quebec - Habs vs. Nords, with the Habs logo ice. It's obviously a lot of scratch, but life is short. This Covid situation has really gotten me to understand the importance of being able to have fun at home, with the family, and given that we're a hockey family, this will get loads of action and be a huge addition to our home life. And once in-home gatherings are allowed again up here, I can't wait to welcome friends and family to try it out.

I used the Gameroom referral link from taylor34 - hope that helps you out!

Seeing the ol' Nordiques logo on the TV screen for the non-game at Lake Tahoe iced it for me and the order was placed. Looking forward to joining you all in playing this awesome game on unlimited free play forever!

#520 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

[quoted image]

Looks awesome, wondering if it only lets you play one period and then the machine goes into melt mode.

#521 3 years ago
    Quoted from mkk629:

Not necessarily. Both players can be the good guys!
    [quoted image]

True! However if you're getting your players from ICE, they only have home & away jerseys for 6 teams, and the Habs aren't one of them. So it would require going after market, which adds $$. After buying a new SCP...I'm fresh out of $$ LOL.

#522 3 years ago

True! However if you're getting your players from ICE, they only have home & away jerseys for 6 teams, and the Habs aren't one of them. So it would require going after market, which adds $$. After buying a new SCP...I'm fresh out of $$ LOL.

Painted them myself. Actually purchased an extra team when I got the game so that I could paint one team at a time and still play. Was the third jersey/uniform at the time.

D6E6B2FA-131F-48D4-8710-243EE9DB29AD (resized).jpegD6E6B2FA-131F-48D4-8710-243EE9DB29AD (resized).jpeg
    #523 3 years ago
    Quoted from mkk629:

Painted them myself. Actually purchased an extra team when I got the game so that I could paint one team at a time and still play. Was the third jersey/uniform at the time.[quoted image]

Very nice work! If I had the artistic ability and/or the requisite patience, I might have a go at the Habs’ reverse retro jerseys (like ‘em more than the road whites) - but the Nordiques will do for the time being.

#524 3 years ago

Hey everyone I've been a bit of a lurker here and a have a few questions. I am moving to a new home and wanted to get a Chexx Pro for the basement. I have narrowed it down to the Miracle version or NHL version (Devils at home vs Flyers). I have a couple questions/ requests.

1) Does anyone have a clip of the goal horn for the miracle on ice version? I know the NHL versions use the home team's actual goal horn.

2) If I buy extra teams, let's say Vegas Golden Knights for example, am I able to change the away display to that team's logo? So in this example if I swap the Flyers players for VGK players will my display still have Devils at home vs Flyers? Or am I able to change it to Devils vs VGK?

#525 3 years ago
    Quoted from pietran30:

2) If I buy extra teams, let's say Vegas Golden Knights for example, am I able to change the away display to that team's logo? So in this example if I swap the Flyers players for VGK players will my display still have Devils at home vs Flyers? Or am I able to change it to Devils vs VGK?

I'm no expert on goal horns since mine hasn't arrived yet, but if by display you mean the jumbotron scoreboard, then yes you can change the teams on the jumbotron to any NHL or international team on the NHL edition. Non-NHL editions are limited to international and blue/red teams. You can check the instruction manual on the site to see how to change the teams - seems pretty simple.

If by display you mean the sticker on the base of the pedestal that displays the away team name...I don't believe a different sticker is included with the extra teams, and even if it is, it wouldn't be easy to change it.

#526 3 years ago

I'm no expert on goal horns since mine hasn't arrived yet, but if by display you mean the jumbotron scoreboard, then yes you can change the teams on the jumbotron to any NHL or international team on the NHL edition. Non-NHL editions are limited to international and blue/red teams. You can check the instruction manual on the site to see how to change the teams - seems pretty simple.
    If by display you mean the sticker on the base of the pedestal that displays the away team name...I don't believe a different sticker is included with the extra teams, and even if it is, it wouldn't be easy to change it.

Yeah just meant the display on the LCD jumbotron. Thanks!

#527 3 years ago

Hi all. New member of the club, as my Super Chexx Pro arrived last Wednesday. It’s been a blast to play. I had one question for the group though. The puck ejector seems to have a bias, and tends to drop the puck in the area for the home team center a very disproportionate percentage of the time. As in out of ten “faceoffs”, 4 land in home team center uncontested puck area, 4 go the home team direction but land in a contested area, 1 goes neutral to the side or straight up and down, and maybe one goes the away team direction. It’s so bad that we’re intentionally playing the puck to the corner when it drops on the center’s stick because otherwise it’s just an absurd advantage. Is this a common problem and does anyone have suggestions for fixing it? I googled and haven’t been able to find anything, and the game manual doesn’t cover ejector bias in the troubleshooting section.

Thanks in advance.

#528 3 years ago
    Quoted from kitkat54:

Hi all. New member of the club, as my Super Chexx Pro arrived last Wednesday. It’s been a blast to play. I had one question for the group though. The puck ejector seems to have a bias, and tends to drop the puck in the area for the home team center a very disproportionate percentage of the time. As in out of ten “faceoffs”, 4 land in home team center uncontested puck area, 4 go the home team direction but land in a contested area, 1 goes neutral to the side or straight up and down, and maybe one goes the away team direction. It’s so bad that we’re intentionally playing the puck to the corner when it drops on the center’s stick because otherwise it’s just an absurd advantage. Is this a common problem and does anyone have suggestions for fixing it? I googled and haven’t been able to find anything, and the game manual doesn’t cover ejector bias in the troubleshooting section.
    Thanks in advance.

If you are playing the team who knows there is a disadvantage, put your stick every so slightly over the eject hole and you can get a deflection that doesn’t benefit either team. That’s what we do anyway.

#529 3 years ago
    Quoted from pietran30:

I have narrowed it down to the Miracle version or NHL version

So this was mentioned in the other reply, but important enough to call out specifically: you can change the teams on the scoreboard, but the NHL teams are not available unless you buy the NHL licensed version. So you could put the MOI players on the NHL edition and change the scoreboard to USA v Canada, but if you put NHL teams on a MOI game, you cannot put the NHL teams on the scoreboard.

#530 3 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

If you are playing the team who knows there is a disadvantage, put your stick every so slightly over the eject hole and you can get a deflection that doesn’t benefit either team. That’s what we do anyway.

I actually started doing that, and my son figured out what I was doing and started slashing my center to try and prevent it. Of course that was before we were house ruling it anyway, so maybe we can gentleman agree on it now. Lolz

#531 3 years ago

I just give my wife the house advantage so she still is willing to play.

1 week later
    #532 3 years ago

taylor34 - thanks for the great cup holders that you sent as a thank you for the referral! Much appreciated. You got them here before ICE even started building my game. With the "March Madness" coupon code that allowed me to add the LED's to my order and with these cupholders (whose design I prefer to the factory ones that hang off the side of the table), my game will be fully loaded.

#533 3 years ago

If anyone is looking to trade their super chexx for a pin near Cincinnati, let me know!

#534 3 years ago

Here a couple pics of my Super Chexx Pro now that the surrounding area is done. Ordered just before Christmas, and arrived a month later. Big thanks for this thread (especially @taylor34) for the guidance.

As you can see, I went with the LED upgrade. I think it adds to the ambiance of the game, and would definitely recommend it. Since it's "free" through March it's a no brainer, but in the future I wouldn't hesitate to pay for the upgrade. I also built a riser box and have used it since day one. I am 6'1" and can't imagine playing without the extra height.

If you concerned about nobody wanting to play as the Russians with the MOI edition, don't be... I was worried about this, and frankly it doesn't matter. Once you start playing, it's game on. I DO think that the extra $ for a licensed setup (NHL or Team USA) IS worth it. Just my two cents.

Super Chexx is what brought me to Pinside, and now I own 2 pinball machines as well... So thanks, Pinside.

PXL_20210314_022917648 (resized).jpgPXL_20210314_022917648 (resized).jpgPXL_20210314_022939059 (resized).jpgPXL_20210314_022939059 (resized).jpg
    #535 3 years ago

Also, if you don't have custom nets yet, you need to join the National Bubble Hockey Association Group on Facebook and reach out to Thomas Bouvart!

PXL_20210204_233649989 (resized).jpgPXL_20210204_233649989 (resized).jpgPXL_20210204_233701037 (resized).jpgPXL_20210204_233701037 (resized).jpg
    #536 3 years ago

I’m looking to order this month. What is the free led promotion? I don’t see anything on their website or online.

#537 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinhacker71:

I’m looking to order this month. What is the free led promotion? I don’t see anything on their website or online.

There's a little pop up banner that came up on the ICE website on my phone. You can see the code in this photo.

Screenshot_20210314-170543 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210314-170543 (resized).png
    #538 3 years ago

Thanks. On my mobile device I just see the nba discount.

#539 3 years ago

Yeah I'm probably ordering this month also.... thinking Blackhawks vs Rangers.... we and mine buddy always played NHL 94 with those 2 teams

#540 3 years ago

Just ordered. Got the basic one with the free leds. I haven’t played this since I was a kid. 30 years ago. Excited

#541 3 years ago

I’m trying to convince the wife to let me buy one. My kids want one after playing it at the ice rink. I have a feeling i’ll be pumping a few more dollars into it for now.

#542 3 years ago

How are the LED’s wired? Is it possible to add on after?

#543 3 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

I’m trying to convince the wife to let me buy one. My kids want one after playing it at the ice rink. I have a feeling i’ll be pumping a few more dollars into it for now.

Just buy one now while your kids are young. They hold their value very well.

#544 3 years ago

Yeah I’ve been telling the wife I’ll sell some pins so she’s a little hesitant. I’m going to try and get that ball rolling though.

1 week later
    #545 3 years ago

Question about the base. Are you able to angle this thing and get it inside a 30" doorway? By the design, it looks to me like you should be able to.

#546 3 years ago
    Quoted from jonboy71:

Question about the base. Are you able to angle this thing and get it inside a 30" doorway? By the design, it looks to me like you should be able to.

I’m not at home to check. But I believe so. If you’re very worried you can order the split base. But the top comes off the base so I think you’ll be ok.

#547 3 years ago

I believe folks got it through 30 inch doors. It helps if you have room around the door for angling it as much as necessary. Looks like it was very tight.

Otherwise, split base is very nice.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/45#post-5488605

#548 3 years ago
    Quoted from jonboy71:

If you're ordering new, my logic is if you're getting the home edition, get the split base to be sure you'll be able to get it in whatever room you need to, wherever home might be now and in the future. When looking at a $3K game, the extra $150 is worth it for the peace of mind and being assured to not have to mod a brand new unit before you use it.

When buying used, if the savings is significant and you're handy enough, there are videos on YouTube on how to convert a solid base into a split base in a worst case scenario of not being able to get it into the room you want.

#549 3 years ago

Has anyone ever updated their speakers with better quality ones ?

#550 3 years ago

Speakers seem fine. I just want a more
    Reactive boo button

There are 938 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.