2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 499 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 126 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen shot 2020-09-01 at 11.55.27 AM (resized).png
    B91B675C-A8E9-49C2-BA2B-FB1E6CAA2F0E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3985 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3988 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3993 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3983 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3975 (resized).JPG
    314EEDB0-BCEF-49C8-9C96-8B2D6D5BC818 (resized).JPG
    IMG-3087 (resized).jpg
    IMG-3091 (resized).jpg
    9D5B7649-2B0B-4DFD-8414-B75CD2D17281 (resized).jpeg
    86BA449F-2554-4A31-9307-7FB8855D6FF6 (resized).jpeg
    20191222_172729 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200616-025713_Gallery (resized).jpg
    E8FC9AF1-396B-48CC-A116-269E6B4A5EAA (resized).jpeg
    30C669E5-FC8C-4A42-BACC-722439956B5C (resized).jpeg

There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
    #451 3 months ago

Update: Still doing mental gymnastics about which one to buy (NHL or Miracle). Even watched the movie Miracle and the Russian 5 documentary to see if that would help with my decision process lol. Will be doing Red base, Split base, no coin op, yes to LEDs, no to cup holders.

#452 3 months ago

If you are getting the red base get the MOI version. The red white and Blue looks awesome!

#453 3 months ago
    Quoted from pursea2011:

Update: Still doing mental gymnastics about which one to buy (NHL or Miracle). Even watched the movie Miracle and the Russian 5 documentary to see if that would help with my decision process lol. Will be doing Red base, Split base, no coin op, yes to LEDs, no to cup holders.

Just my opinion, but having the cup holders is a no brainer.....especially since their so cheap

#454 3 months ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Just my opinion, but having the cup holders is a no brainer.....especially since their so cheap

Totally agree and if you don't like them you can always take them off. You just cant play bubble hockey with your friends without drinking large amounts of beer, its actually against the law also!

#455 3 months ago

The coin door has the advantage of being able to store basic supplies and tools in the coin box. If you ask ICE when you custom order it, I believe they can add external on/off and volume switches.

#456 3 months ago

Trust me, no one will be sober when I launch our inaugural bubble hockey tournament. For the cup holders, since it will be positioned in the middle, I fear people will bump into constantly and also, don't like the idea of holes being drilled in the side. Would rather look at another option (like them being position on the corner). For the coin door, is it an extra cost to put the external on/off and volume switches (on top of the +200)? I'll probably will still go without it and save some cash.

I think I will wait until June to make the purchase just in case they do a promo. If not, its 3 days so not a huge wait.

For the miracle on ice version, what does the goal horn sound like (since you can get a team goal horn with NHL) and is there anything special with the animation (such as a logo on the jerseys)? I believe the NHL version they have an NHL logo on them.

#457 3 months ago
    Quoted from pursea2011:

Trust me, no one will be sober when I launch our inaugural bubble hockey tournament. For the cup holders, since it will be positioned in the middle, I fear people will bump into constantly and also, don't like the idea of holes being drilled in the side. Would rather look at another option (like them being position on the corner). For the coin door, is it an extra cost to put the external on/off and volume switches (on top of the +200)? I'll probably will still go without it and save some cash.
    I think I will wait until June to make the purchase just in case they do a promo. If not, its 3 days so not a huge wait.
    For the miracle on ice version, what does the goal horn sound like (since you can get a team goal horn with NHL) and is there anything special with the animation (such as a logo on the jerseys)? I believe the NHL version they have an NHL logo on them.

I make the corner cup holders in red, white, black, blue, and gold. . No screwing into your game required.

30C669E5-FC8C-4A42-BACC-722439956B5C (resized).jpeg
    #458 3 months ago
    Quoted from pursea2011:

Just got done playing all day and all night with my gf grandson and we had a blast. My only advice For you would be when you get two players sticks locked together don't sit there and stay tangled up with the other player and chance stripping your gear box out. Just untangle the players and move on. If you don’t do that you probably wont have any mechanical issues for many years. I don't get to play mine as much as i like but i dont regret buying this thing at all because it is loads of fun. As far as the goal horn goes on the MOI version goes i think he just yells HE SCOOOOORES or something like that. I was having so much fun yesterday that i didnt even pay attention. Lol

#459 3 months ago
    Quoted from pursea2011:

If your interested in cup holders for your future game, taylor34's are really nice! He sent me a free set when I ordered my game from a link on his web site. There's no drilling involved ,and they use the existing hardware to hold them in place. Very fast and easy to install.
    He does get something from Ice, when people order from his site,but I don't care, because I got a free set of cup holders.

1 week later
    #460 3 months ago

The Olathe Gardens

E8FC9AF1-396B-48CC-A116-269E6B4A5EAA (resized).jpeg
    #461 3 months ago

The long wait is over. I finally ordered it! I ended up going for the miracle on ice one, red base, LEDs, split base. Of course, I will spend the rest of the day wondering if I should've gotten the NHL one. lol

#462 3 months ago
    Quoted from pursea2011:

The long wait is over. I finally ordered it! I ended up going for the miracle on ice one, red base, LEDs, split base. Of course, I will spend the rest of the day wondering if I should've gotten the NHL one. lol

Excellent you will be so happy.

#463 3 months ago
    Quoted from pursea2011:

You will have no regrets I promise you and i will also promise you this. You are going to shit your pants when you open the top of that box and see how beautiful your new game is!

The Miracle on ice version is sweeeeet!
    20191222_172729 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200616-025713_Gallery (resized).jpg

#464 3 months ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You will have no regrets I promise you and i will also promise you this. You are going to shit your pants when you open the top of that box and see how beautiful your new game is!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Dang! That is hot. The custom graphic on the lcd is a nice touch.

#465 3 months ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Dang! That is hot. The custom graphic on the lcd is a nice touch.

Yeah it's pretty cool. I'm not sure if it's a must have because I've never played an old Super Chexx but it is pretty nice. Bubble hockey is so much fun and action packed that I dont really pay much attention to the lcd screen truthfully.

I like my Super Chexx just as much as I do my pinball machines if not more, so glad that I bought one.

#466 3 months ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah it's pretty cool. I'm not sure if it's a must have because I've never played an old Super Chexx but it is pretty nice. Bubble hockey is so much fun and action packed that I dont really pay much attention to the lcd screen truthfully.
    I like my Super Chexx just as much as I do my pinball machines if not more, so glad that I bought one.

I feel the same way. Only bad thing is a second person is a must. I can play pinball solo.

3 weeks later
    #467 68 days ago

If you have a 3D printer and want cup holders for your Super Chexx, my design has been uploaded for you and it’s FREE. I’ve included Blackhawks, VGK, Coyotes, and a blank one for now.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4539756

86BA449F-2554-4A31-9307-7FB8855D6FF6 (resized).jpeg
    #468 66 days ago
    Quoted from iamwoow:

If you have a 3D printer and want cup holders for your Super Chexx, my design has been uploaded for you and it’s FREE. I’ve included Blackhawks, VGK, Coyotes, and a blank one for now.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4539756
    [quoted image]

Thanks for posting that! I’m going to print a blackhawks set when I can find a 3d printer locally.

#469 64 days ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Thanks for posting that! I’m going to print a blackhawks set when I can find a 3d printer locally.

Just do like I did, put on a sticker that matches the rest of the game. Looks a lot better than actually 3D printing the logo.

9D5B7649-2B0B-4DFD-8414-B75CD2D17281 (resized).jpeg
    #470 60 days ago

Update: Got my Super Chexx Pro. As great as advertised.

314EEDB0-BCEF-49C8-9C96-8B2D6D5BC818 (resized).JPGIMG-3087 (resized).jpgIMG-3091 (resized).jpg
    #471 60 days ago

Also, anyone who can hook me up with the corner cup holders, I'm interested!

#472 60 days ago
    Quoted from pursea2011:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thats a beauty! I told you that you would like that Miracle on ice version! Congrats to you.

1 month later
    #473 24 days ago

New here, first post. Just finished our basement "aka" -My COVID-19 project-. And I'm happy to announce that last week (Last Tuesday night) my wife and I pulled the trigger and ordered our Super Chexx Pro. We went back and fourth on what model to purchase. NHL, USA vs CAN, or MOI. After polling our 3 boys, friends and family, the final out come was USA vs CAN with the black HUO base. Now we're just waiting.. and waiting.. it feels like hours are slower and days are longer!
    So here's a few questions for all of you while I'm painfully waiting for this gem to show up...
    1. Do you plug your table into a surge protector or straight into the wall outlet?
    2. Would you wipe down the ice surface right away with lemon pledge or wait a little while?
    Last question
    3. Is there a scratch protective formula/wax on the market that helps protect the bubble from future scratches?

#474 24 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

1. Do you plug your table into a surge protector or straight into the wall outlet?

I have never plugged mine into a surge protector but it won't hurt to do so.

Quoted from TAZ-284:

2. Would you wipe down the ice surface right away with lemon pledge or wait a little while?
    Last question

Probably best to play it as is and if you feel the play is a little slow then Pledge it.

Quoted from TAZ-284:

3. Is there a scratch protective formula/wax on the market that helps protect the bubble from future scratches?

Typically the prominent scratches you see on Chexx games are people doing it intentionally. In a home environment you shouldn't have this issue. I would recommend purchasing Novus 1 to clean the dome (inside and out) as you don't want to use a cleaner with Amonia or other harsh abrasives as it can cause haziness.

#475 24 days ago

would a chexx hockey game fit in an suv vehicle?

#476 24 days ago
    Quoted from meSz:

I have never plugged mine into a surge protector but it won't hurt to do so.

Probably best to play it as is and if you feel the play is a little slow then Pledge it.

Typically the prominent scratches you see on Chexx games are people doing it intentionally. In a home environment you shouldn't have this issue. I would recommend purchasing Novus 1 to clean the dome (inside and out) as you don't want to use a cleaner with Amonia or other harsh abrasives as it can cause haziness.

Interesting . Good points! Thank you meSz.

#477 24 days ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

would a chexx hockey game fit in an suv vehicle?

Not in one piece, also Depends on what SUV you're talking about. A small SUV like a Jeep Compass probably not. Even a Grand Cherokee would be tough.
    Call your friends that have trucks. Or a large SUV like a Escalade, Tahoe or Expedition Max.
    May want to look in to renting a box truck (U-Haul)

#478 24 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Not in one piece, also Depends on what SUV you're talking about. A small SUV like a Jeep Compass probably not. Even a Grand Cherokee would be tough.
    Call your friends that have trucks. Or a large SUV like a Escalade, Tahoe or Expedition Max.
    May want to look in to renting a box truck (U-Haul)

rav 4?

#480 24 days ago

May have to take it in 2 trips, I don't think you are going to fit both pieces in the back. or (not recommended) use the roof rack if you have one.

#481 24 days ago

Homebrew cup holders and has 3D printed/hand painted logos, official sized and detailed 3D printed puck in the base and crossed hockey stick accents. A chexx-like puck crashing thru the side. The cup holder is threaded on and removable from the puck base. Customizable text on the cup stem. Can be used as a tournament trophy or as a drink caddie during gameplay. Will fit a full sized can, bottle or cup: :

IMG_3975 (resized).JPGIMG_3983 (resized).JPGIMG_3993 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3988 (resized).JPGIMG_3985 (resized).JPG

#482 24 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Miracle on ice version was my first choice. I caved into my wife and kids on the USA vs CAN.

#483 24 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

The Miracle on ice version was my first choice. I caved into my wife and kids on the USA vs CAN.

Nothing wrong with that at all. All versions are awesome , even the base model. You don't really pay much attention to the players anyways once you start playing.

#484 24 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You don't really pay much attention to the players anyways once you start playing.

I'm about 2 weeks out from experiencing that. I hope

#485 24 days ago

Stanley cupholders! Awesome!

#486 24 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

New here, first post. Just finished our basement "aka" -My COVID-19 project-. And I'm happy to announce that last week (Last Tuesday night) my wife and I pulled the trigger and ordered our Super Chexx Pro. We went back and fourth on what model to purchase. NHL, USA vs CAN, or MOI. After polling our 3 boys, friends and family, the final out come was USA vs CAN with the black HUO base. Now we're just waiting.. and waiting.. it feels like hours are slower and days are longer!
    So here's a few questions for all of you while I'm painfully waiting for this gem to show up...
    Last question

My game is plugged into a surge protector,but I still unplug my game when I'm not playing. I trust unplugging my game more than I trust a surge protector.

#487 24 days ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I still unplug my game when I'm not playing. I trust unplugging my game more than I trust a surge protector.

I’m guessing I’ll probably do the same. Damn it this waiting is brutal!

#488 23 days ago

If you keep it plugged in and powered down, you'll hear a buzz in the speaker. The audio amp is powered continuously, causing a hum.

#489 23 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Damn it this waiting is brutal!

Lol yes it is. We all feel your pain trust me!

#490 19 days ago

Things just got interesting!

B91B675C-A8E9-49C2-BA2B-FB1E6CAA2F0E (resized).jpeg
    #491 19 days ago
    Quoted from mamemaster:

Things just got interesting!
    [quoted image]

Thats going to be a nice upgrade for old Super Chexx owners.

#492 19 days ago

Hopefully it works for original chexx like mine too.

#493 18 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats going to be a nice upgrade for old Super Chexx owners.

AGREE! I have a 2005 LE (1of100) that I would hate to get rid of but the scoreboard and LEDs are cool. Be interesting to see the cost.

#494 18 days ago

In!

#495 18 days ago

That will be an awesome upgrade!

#496 18 days ago

I am just curious, at what price point would most Super Chexx owners be willing to make the upgrade to the LED scoreboard? I have a 6 year old (October 2014) USA vs. USSR Miracle on Ice version and I am mulling around what I would be willing to pay for the upgrade.

I figure that the scoreboard upgrade will also require a new PCB inside the base of the game. I am guessing that the upgrade cost will be between $750-$1,000, I hope that it is a little more inexpensive than this, but I am not counting on it.

Gord

#497 17 days ago
    Quoted from pursea2011:

Just noticed your scoreboard! Did you intentionally make it this score for this photo, Easter egg?? This is the final score of "Miracle on ice".

Screen shot 2020-09-01 at 11.55.27 AM (resized).png

#498 17 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Just noticed your scoreboard! Did you intentionally make it this score for this photo, Easter egg?? This is the final score of "Miracle on ice".
    [quoted image]

!!!

2 weeks later
    #499 2 days ago

Anyone looking to buy a new Chexx. Try using code MJNG9890 to save 50$ On ICE’s site

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 131.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 23.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 119.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 899.00
    There are 499 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside