8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Titan_STTNG.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butterflygirl24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 8 years ago

I have Super-Bands on all my games, and I am in the process of switching some of my games over to the Super-Rings. Yes the leaf switches need to be adjusted after installing "any" new rings. I swapped a few before I took my games to Expo. I have had Super-Bands on my Met since I unboxed it in June of 2013. It has had thousands of plays and not had an issue with any wear. It had over 1000 plays on it this year, and last year as well (just at Expo) and I just set it back up and Super-Bands are still all good just dirty, and they clean up Super Easy! just wipe them down and they are good to go for a thousand more plays. (Just a guess but I will say my MET has probably close to 6000 or 7000 plays on it between league, shows and parties...so I am not sure why some are having wear issues, I have had 0 issues on any of my games and they all have Super-Bands and they get plenty of play.) I also have Super-Slings on several of my games with the same results, no wear at all. Also the Super-Slings on MET stopped the air ball issue, that was causing the balls to flyover the slings and crash into the sides, ramps or the spot lights before I moved them. The Super-Rings I installed on Met before Expo look to be the same, just dirty no wear. (I will have to get into the games and clean them before I can tell for sure.)
I like the way Super-Bands play, Yes when they are brand new they are grippy and make them pretty evil (not easier), but once they get a few plays on them they are similar to normal rubbers to me. I am not planning on swapping any of my games back any time soon! I still have regular rubber rings on most of my games, and I have not tried the Titan rings.

Is it possible that some that are having wear issues have mistaken Super-Bands for the Saturn-Rings? I think that before they disappeared from the radar they were having some breakage issues...Then they just went away, and no one could make contact with the owner/maker of them...

Phoebe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butterflygirl24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superbandsyes-no-opinions?tu=butterflygirl24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.