Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jvspin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Titan_STTNG.jpg

#1 3 years ago

I put superbands on my KISS and the slingshot bands were crazy tight. Like, scared I was going to break something putting them on...Got them on and the slingshots arent nearly as sensitive (obvious reason and fix here)...Does anyone have experience with this? Do you just adjust your leafs?

#2 3 years ago

Always adjust the slingshot leaf switches after installing rubber rings, Superbands or not. You want them to kick with the slightest ball hit, yet you don't want machine gunning or phantom kicks from vibration.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Always adjust the slingshot leaf switches after installing rubber rings, Superbands or not. You want them to kick with the slightest ball hit, yet you don't want machine gunning or phantom kicks from vibration.

Thanks!

So, generally I just bend the leafs by hand a bit to achieve this but I always feel like 'there's go to be a better way'...Suggestions?

Thanks again

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I put superbands on my KISS and the slingshot bands were crazy tight. Like, scared I was going to break something putting them on...Got them on and the slingshots arent nearly as sensitive (obvious reason and fix here)...Does anyone have experience with this? Do you just adjust your leafs?

Shouldn't be nearly that tight, sounds like you got the wrong size for the slings...

#5 3 years ago

Thanks!
So, generally I just bend the leafs by hand a bit to achieve this but I always feel like 'there's go to be a better way'...Suggestions?
Thanks again

This tool helps do the adjusting:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

#6 3 years ago

A must have, in a pinch you can use a needlenose but these adjusters are mucheasier to get to the switch and get it adjusted properly without mangling it!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Shouldn't be nearly that tight, sounds like you got the wrong size for the slings...

they are the same size as the rubbers I took out of there but superbands dont stretch almost at all...

#8 3 years ago

I like the Titan Competition silicon rings much better. Especially the flipper rubbers as they have a truer bounce and don't grip the ball.

#9 3 years ago

Superbands? No.

#10 3 years ago

Give the polyurethane rings a quick stretch by hand before installing them. You should be able to get the same sensitivity from your slings as you get with rubber rings. Consult the game manual for rings sizes as getting the correct size is more critical with urethane vs. soft white rubber.

#11 3 years ago

Superband - Just say no. There are other threads on this.

If you feel you just have to get away from original most agree the Titans have been working well.

#12 3 years ago

Superbands are terrible! Do yourself a favour and buy Titan competition silicone rubbers. Make sure it is the "competition" rubbers though, their regular ones are the same as Superbands.

#13 3 years ago

Superbands are ok... If you enjoy wasting $. The problem I have with them is that they seem to not even last as long, when used/tested in real world, routed machines. I have tested them extensively for over a year and I have found that they cost 400% more $ upfront, and they do not last any longer than traditional flipper rubber. Now, they will probably be just fine for home use machines. It's a personal preference for that scenario.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

their regular ones are the same as Superbands.

Close. They are not silicone, just regular rubber. Super Bands flipper and playfield rings are all polyurethane. I don't like the rigidity of this material vs. silicone and evidently very few people prefer them over the Titans.

#15 3 years ago

I have not tried Titan, but I do have superbands on a few of my games. I really like them, however they do make the game easier. I find I am able to save, and cotrol the ball better with them one. This helps make Iron man approachable and not just the normal drain fest

#16 3 years ago

Superbands are cool. Haven't tried the Titan Competition rings. My issue with using Superbands is that they just play too differently to games with regular rubber.

You'll lose balls down the middle on games with regular rubber because you won't have the grip on the tips of the flippers that you're used to with the Superbands. You'll also stop doing so many dead bounces because they're much less effective with Superbands and skill may go unused on games with regular rubbers.

Since I've had Superbands I've played more poorly on games with traditional rubbers as a result. I should try the Titan Comp rings because I've heard they play similar to traditional rubbers but with the upside of a better appearance and longevity.

#17 3 years ago

I have Super-Bands on all my games, and I am in the process of switching some of my games over to the Super-Rings. Yes the leaf switches need to be adjusted after installing "any" new rings. I swapped a few before I took my games to Expo. I have had Super-Bands on my Met since I unboxed it in June of 2013. It has had thousands of plays and not had an issue with any wear. It had over 1000 plays on it this year, and last year as well (just at Expo) and I just set it back up and Super-Bands are still all good just dirty, and they clean up Super Easy! just wipe them down and they are good to go for a thousand more plays. (Just a guess but I will say my MET has probably close to 6000 or 7000 plays on it between league, shows and parties...so I am not sure why some are having wear issues, I have had 0 issues on any of my games and they all have Super-Bands and they get plenty of play.) I also have Super-Slings on several of my games with the same results, no wear at all. Also the Super-Slings on MET stopped the air ball issue, that was causing the balls to flyover the slings and crash into the sides, ramps or the spot lights before I moved them. The Super-Rings I installed on Met before Expo look to be the same, just dirty no wear. (I will have to get into the games and clean them before I can tell for sure.)
I like the way Super-Bands play, Yes when they are brand new they are grippy and make them pretty evil (not easier), but once they get a few plays on them they are similar to normal rubbers to me. I am not planning on swapping any of my games back any time soon! I still have regular rubber rings on most of my games, and I have not tried the Titan rings.

Is it possible that some that are having wear issues have mistaken Super-Bands for the Saturn-Rings? I think that before they disappeared from the radar they were having some breakage issues...Then they just went away, and no one could make contact with the owner/maker of them...

Phoebe

#18 3 years ago

I do not have much experience with their other bands, but the flipper superbands are terrible. They are beautiful...I'll give them that. But they play horribly and that's what matters. Just my opinion of course.

#19 3 years ago

I pulled the superbands off the slingshots and put on some white rubber. Doesn't look as nice but those superbands are weird. Very little bounce. Thanks for the input everyone.

#20 3 years ago

Have you considered trying Titan silicone rings?

#21 3 years ago

I like red rubber rings unless I care about color, then I go with Titan.

I gave away all my super bands, you can probably visit them at Brixies

I find them to be unpredictable and lousy for bounce and post passes, and especially drop catches. Once I put them on my bsd that was it, they all had to go.

-c

#22 3 years ago

I did not know super bands made rubber rings. The super band flipper rubbers are pretty hard to get on so I imagine the rings would be to. I found them easier to put on if I stretched them out by hand best I could. If the rubber rings go on that tight, I would be worried the stress on posts and the playfield. I'm using Titan rings now on all my games. A little expensive but they hold up pretty well, clean up nice, look good, and perform well.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I did not know super bands made rubber rings.

Neither did I. Where did you see them?

#24 3 years ago

My only experience w/ superbands...Installed them just on the flippers and post sleeves on my Getaway. Really makes the game play super fast.

I kinda like them....but have never used their rings.

#25 3 years ago

I pulled the superbands off the slingshots and put on some white rubber.

Did this game come with white? I thought most newer games came with black. I never saw the need to go beyond using what came from the factory. I use traditional rubbers in whatever color was on the game originally to keep it playing as it was meant to play.

There are some pretty crappy repacement rubbers out there but I don't try to save a dime buying the cheapest ones. PBresource and Marco's work real good and last a long time.

#26 3 years ago

Look great and play differently.
I like them and use them and have replaced them on games with less than 400 plays.

They are not bad just different and do not seem to hold up long.
I have only had clear versions fail...which I like best .
I contacted superbands and they said to contact where I purchased them from and they would replace.
Just not worth the time to do that I just wanted to see if others had issues.

#27 3 years ago

I use to have balls get stuck under slingshot plastics on CV because of the wide gap on this game, put Superbands on it never have that problem anymore.

#28 3 years ago

I have had both super bands and super rings fail miserably in less than 500 plays. I saved a few and will take pictures for the doubters.

#29 3 years ago

I like them for the flippers but not anything else. Seems to have way better ball control with them on flippers.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I use traditional rubbers in whatever color was on the game originally to keep it playing as it was meant to play.

I always replace black with white. The only reason for black was because operators were too lazy to keep them clean, so white rings were switched to black on many games due to popular demand.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I always replace black with white.

Same here. I only have 2 games right now with black rubber. Those will get changed eventually.

One of the only designers that I know of that put white rubber rings on most of his games from the factory was Pat Lawlor.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

One of the only designers that I know of that put white rubber rings on most of his games from the factory was Pat Lawlor.

I could list quite a few more. I have more games that came with white from the factory than black and they all have white now. However the games I acquired that had black to start with did not seem to play or look right with retrofitted white rubbers so I decided to go with what the game designers used on each machine from now on. So far, so good. They all look and play great . Just like when they were new.

#33 3 years ago

Yes. I use and like them.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I always replace black with white. The only reason for black was because operators were too lazy to keep them clean, so white rings were switched to black on many games due to popular demand.

Black rubber also transfers itself all over the PF.

#35 3 years ago

Every game looks better with white rubber. I used to be all "oh I can't put white rubber on this game or that game" then I did it and it was glorious. Bsd, scared stiff, sttng look great in white rubber. My SS has glow in the dark now.

Silicone rings play better than black and more like good (old school) white rubber. The durability is pretty good and they go on bally flipper bats where super bands don't.

#36 3 years ago

Translucent Titan flipper and slingshot rings on STTNG.

Titan_STTNG.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
$ 279.95
$ 21.00
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
6,050 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marion, IA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside