New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 173109)

Superbands , Perfect Play or Titan

By hoby1

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20161219_211326 (resized).jpg
    20161219_211052 (resized).jpg
    20161219_211512 (resized).jpg
    20161219_211633 (resized).jpg
    20161219_211709 (resized).jpg

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Just your thoughts..... I have two machine that are done in superbands from cointaker.... I like the way they play and love how clean they stay as I use white only. What are the differences and how do the others hold up . Superbands seem to be the most pricy but I know they hold up well. LMK THX

#2 3 years ago

Superbands play very different then traditional rubber and mandatory the machine easier.

I used to use them but now prefer perfect play instead .

#3 3 years ago

I've swapped all to titan.

#4 3 years ago

What's the chemical difference between all the bands? There's normal rubber, silicone, and another right? Would love to see some real numbers instead of subjective "it feels better or worse" type of comments.

#5 3 years ago

Titan all day every day. I have 9 route machines, everyone have titan, nothing but good things are being said by my players.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

What's the chemical difference between all the bands? There's normal rubber, silicone, and another right? Would love to see some real numbers instead of subjective "it feels better or worse" type of comments.

urethane is the third. Titan is silicone, super bands are urethane. As far as numbers i will let others comment cause i dont have them in front of me, i know titans are equal and modeled after regular red rubber.

#7 3 years ago

Superbands are polyurethane. Their resilience (rebound) matches that of soft red rubber. The "feel" is a little different as they are a harder durometer than rubber, despite the same or higher rebound. Try a set or two from Marco, Pinball Life, or Cointaker!

#8 3 years ago

Titan Competition for us. They play like the Stern Red and we have them on every machine. Awesome service from all the crew at Titan makes dealing with them extremely easy and we are in Aus!

#9 3 years ago

SUPERBANDS on flippers and Pinball Centre silicone on everything else=winner.
    Silicone stays extremely clean and Super bands are easy to clean!

#10 3 years ago

I'm mostly looking for durability and staying nice and clean

#11 3 years ago

Titan on all seven on my machines, had Superbands but that felt dead to me.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Superbands. Polyurethane outlasts rubber and/or silicone. Wipes clean with water, saliva, anything...

#13 3 years ago

Super bands on every one of my games. Love them.

#14 3 years ago

Titans feel so good

#15 3 years ago

perfect play hands down

#16 3 years ago

I'd lean toward Titans... they play like original rubber with the added benefit of consistent play across colors (regular rubber behaves differently by color). They are super easy to clean and by most accounts last long. Urethane bands are noticeably harder.

#17 3 years ago

Titan is on my 6 games, and on my machines in location. They last longer and are easy to clean off. Owner of Titan is a stand up guy that is all about keeping pinball alive. Titan will be at the Houston Expo this weekend too!

#18 3 years ago

I prefer Perfect Play, and have them on most of my games. I do enjoy Titans, and Superbands, but it all comes down to what you feel makes your games play great.

#19 3 years ago

I prefer Super Bands as they have an excellent track record of proven durability.
    They have a similar play to "red" rubber but do seem to have a bit more gription to them which I don't mind one bit. Guess that I am used to them.
    They really do clean easily and wear,,,,,well, I haven't worn any out. But have played many routed games that are wearing well.

Truth be told, I haven't yet tried Perfect Play.

#20 3 years ago

As much as I really like the colors of Superbands/Titans/Whatever, I've been switching back to original red flipper rubbers. Game play just seems truer using rubber.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Super bands on every one of my games. Love them.

Same here.I color matched all my bands per machine (Luci red, PM purple, Baywatch yellow, etc). I love the way they play and so does my wife and friends. Clean up is less needed and super easy when you do need to do it. To install mine I put each pair in the microwave for 30 seconds. It made them more flexible (stretchy) to pull over the flipper. Be careful not to overheat them, they can get real hot. Each microwave is different so the first pair, on your microwave, please go in 5 second increments until you reach a more soft but not too hot to handle temperature. Then simply install

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from FrostyMug:

To install mine I put each pair in the microwave for 30 seconds. It made them more flexible (stretchy) to pull over the flipper. Be careful not to overheat them, they can get real hot. Each microwave is different so the first pair, on your microwave, please go in 5 second increments until you reach a more soft but not too hot to handle temperature. Then simply install

Clever. I just use zip-tie to pull it to bat.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

You would have to split hairs to talk about either Titans or Superbands being more durable - both are insanely strong compared to regular rubber and both will wipe clean with a damp cloth.

As noted, the game play can be different between Titan and Superbands. And that can be a good thing. For example, I've gravitated towards Titans on Williams machines for a better bounce, but Superbands on Sterns because modern machines can be so much deeper and I can use all the help I can get.

#24 3 years ago

I have Superbands flippers on all my games! Love them and they are very durable and clean up super easy! I've had them on MET since I took it out of the box (in June 2013), and they still look and play great. Been to lots of shows and no signs of wear and clean up is a breeze!
    I also have Superband rings on several of my games...MET is completely converted to Superrings and same thing no wear and clean up super easy. Here is a post from a Superbands thread of one particular ring on MET that I had replaced several times due to wearing through...since I replaced it with the Superband ring it has not shown any wear. (my post is #6)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superband-post-rings-review-thread#post-3091042

Phoebe

1 month later
    #25 3 years ago

Any codes to get money off for Titan Rubbers..

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Any codes to get money off for Titan Rubbers..

TITAN10

10% off for pinsiders.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

TITAN10
    10% off for pinsiders.

thank you

#28 3 years ago

I use Superbands on all of mine.

I have yet to have someone say "hey, you're games play differently than mine."

Here's a video how to install Superbands.

#29 3 years ago

Titan's are awesome, love the colour choices and game play. Superbands are good too gravitate to using them on more modern games as they have less bounce.

#30 3 years ago

I'm trying Titan competition on my Shadow to start. I like them so far.

#31 3 years ago

On my last three games to do. Have full superbands on 6 of them now

#32 3 years ago

Superbands on every game that comes through my doors. Really love the play, look, durability, and ease of cleaning.

#33 3 years ago

None of them:

They change the way the game feels. Go white regular rubber on everything and regular colored rubber on the flippers. Superbands grab the ball like sticky hands, the other 2 do it, just a little less. Any of these on the playfield parts, ads a lot of spin on the ball you would not normally have.

#34 3 years ago

I use Super Bands, Titan and regular rubber.

Regular Flipper rubber - usually Red or Yellow depending on the game. I use Pinball Life for these, even though they may not last as long, they feel most natural to me. Rotating regularly helps the longevity, get it spun before it shows the signs of wear.
    Regular white rubber on kickers. These I source from Marco as they seem to last a bit longer, but still have a good feel.
    Titan on small ring applications that go on a single post.
    Super Bands on all other multi-post rings.

I much prefer regular rubber on the flippers and kickers - it is here where I like the natural, standard option. Super Bands appear to be better than Titan on larger rings that go around multiple posts - Titans get really thin on the corners (I'm sure up-sizing helps, but then I'm not sure I like the feel). Titan does fine on smaller posts in most applications. I really like how Super Bands rebound, and will use them on posts that can be directly hit by flippers - it'll punish bad shots.

I like my games playing tough, and I try to utilize the options we have from varying ring manufacturers to this end.

Oh, and I choose white for all of my rings so that it looks like I'm just using regular rubber

#35 3 years ago

If anybody has an impression on what rings, or combinations thereof, make games more difficult, I'm all ears!

#36 3 years ago

None of the above. Traditional white rubbers (preferably Marcos PRW) on games that came with them. And traditional black rubbers on games that came with them. And correct color traditional flipper rubbers.

#37 3 years ago

i was using regular pinball life green rubber on my shadow flippers for the color but they seemed to split quickly, so i decided to try perfect play but they seem very bouncy compared to traditional rubber.

is the bounce of titans closer to traditional for those who have tried both?

#38 3 years ago

1. titan, perfect play, rubber.
    2. nothing at all
    3. play flipperless games
    4. stab yourself in the face with a rusty knife
    5. superbands

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from volcanodiver:

1. titan, perfect play, rubber.
    2. nothing at all
    3. play flipperless games
    4. stab yourself in the face with a rusty knife
    5. superbands

I've tried all of those, so I guess it's superbands for me.

#40 3 years ago

Just regular, cheap and inexpensive standard black...

#41 3 years ago

I video on how to install flipper rubbers; Fucking sad.

#43 3 years ago

Titan Up

#44 3 years ago

Superbands change how a game plays too much. I put them on a couple of games and they're just too sticky. Way too easy to do drop and live catches.

The others are ok. I've liked Titan and Perfect Play for a bit, but I almost always come back to standard red rubber rings. At home, they provide the most consistent and "correct" feel, though I totally understand the appeal that Perfect Play or Titan bands bring with their colors, durability, and how easy they are to clean. I'm picky about feel more than look, however.

For home play, use whatever you feel best using, but for tournament play, I greatly prefer standard rubber rings. Just know that if you go with Superbands, they will be a little bit like training wheels for flipper techniques.

#45 3 years ago

Only one of these choices can be readily had in plenty of color and sizes. I encourage anybody here to prove me wrong and post links where I can get the other 2 in all colors and sizes without buying a kit.

#46 3 years ago

i put Titans on my GB Pro and ST Pro when they went out on location and they lasted less than three months (one band popped on ST and the GB's were worn through and about to go.) well under 4k plays each during that time period, maybe less than 3k. they were color-matched to the game so i doubt they all came from a single bad batch. i have swapped them over to Superbands and will see how long they go before needing replacement.

my TAF i bought with fresh Superbands on the flippers and it's been on location for over a year with 12k+ plays and they're still fine.

for my other location pins i've been using regular rubber, both black and red. i get about six to nine months or approximately 6K plays out of them, a bit more for the black usually.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I encourage anybody here to prove me wrong and post links where I can get the other 2 in all colors and sizes without buying a kit.

I encourage anyone to show us how stupid ass rainbow flipper rubber colors aren't embarrassing looking compared to classic reds

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I encourage anyone to show us how stupid ass rainbow flipper rubber colors aren't embarrassing looking compared to classic reds

I'll try....or fail...either way they look better than plain red to my eye and that's all that really matters to me.

20161219_211709 (resized).jpg

20161219_211633 (resized).jpg

20161219_211512 (resized).jpg

20161219_211052 (resized).jpg

20161219_211326 (resized).jpg

#49 3 years ago

I do love the Titans as they play closer in feel to real rubber. But, the colors to me are a bit off. For example, I just order a shitton of yellow for a lost world and the yellow is like neon yellow/green. Hardly fitting for lost world. Bummer, I'd hoped yellow meant yellow.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

I do love the Titans as they play closer in feel to real rubber. But, the colors to me are a bit off. For example, I just order a shitton of yellow for a lost world and the yellow is like neon yellow/green. Hardly fitting for lost world. Bummer, I'd hoped yellow meant yellow.

What do ya have - thinking of doing my JM in neon yellow

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 49.00
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 10.95
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside