12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by decktard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

http://www.superauctions.com/EntertainmentAuctionsAuctionCalendar.html

damn talk about short notice on this, wish i was closer!

someone go and get prices

#2 12 years ago

Is Seller Buy-Back legal in South Carolina? That is the problem with the auctions in Texas. Sellers are allowed to bid on their own machines, to drive up the bidding - and if they end up with the highest bid, they only have to pay a $10 Buy-Back fee. Total crap, and makes the auctions here a wasted day, unless you want to go pay premium prices + 13% commission for a (usually) very mediocre machine.

#3 12 years ago

superauctions tends to have a bad reputation due to what gambit said. Not really worth wasting your time if buy backs are legal in sc (which I bet they are)

#4 12 years ago

Superauctions is the company that got the rep for having the buy-backs. It would be safe to assume that's still happening. I find it kind of sleazy myself. The owners of the machines will sit in the audience and get into a bidding war with a real buyer, driving the price up. Personally I don't think that's ethical, but in some states it is legal. I think this is what reserves are for. If the seller doesn't want to let his game go for a certain price, fair enough, but shill bidding really annoys legitimate buyers.

On the other hand, I understand the auction companies have to make it appealing for the sellers to participate, but I'm not convinced that's the best approach. In general, I'm not a big fan of pinballs at auction. Here's the last experience I had at an auction with pinball games: http://pinballhelp.com/talking-too-much/

#5 12 years ago

This seller is out of business and they said there would be no buybacks. All of the items are suppose to be from one business.

#6 12 years ago

I betcha B_R will be on that like stink on a dog

#7 12 years ago

This is the third "going out of business" auction they have had for collins entertainment. The last one was about 3-4 years ago and some guy from Arizona bought almost all the pins for either retail or above retail price. That included the total junk parts machines too. I remember a melted down Adams Family selling for over 4k.

Don't expect any deals to be had at this auction.

#8 12 years ago

I went to the one in Mn last year. Nothing but beatup pins that were over priced.
    Not worth the time & effort

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from MMuller:

I went to the one in Mn last year. Nothing but beatup pins that were over priced.
    Not worth the time & effort []

when do they have that one? were machines in decent shape or fresh routed ones?

#10 12 years ago

I've gone to a few of "superauctions" and http://www.americanamusementauctions.com/ auctions which appears to be some of the same people or a new company or something.

Most of the pins are pretty worn. Sometimes there are nice titles, other times there aren't. I've stayed for the bidding and most pins seem to go around their estimated values. I'm guessing it is due to the buy-back policy in which owners bid the price up.

Once you tack on the 13% buyers premium (10% if using cash) and sales tax you're definitely not getting much of a deal. I've just used it as a chance to play some different machines on free play for an hour or two.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superauctions-wish-i-was-closer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.