View topic image gallery

image-808.jpg
image-182.jpg
image-308.jpg
image-457.jpg
image-446.jpg
image-477.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Attended the Super Auction in Eldon MO today. About 30 people at the start of the auction with 13 pins and about 250 vids, 20 dart boards and more. Maybe 2 (40ish) rows of ok-sub par vids and rest was project rusted junk that had been sitting in barns or shit warehouses. Auction was supposed to start at 11 CDT but didn't start until 12:30 CDT.

Pins. (Bb = buy back)

Monte Carlo. $500 bb Works. Avg shape
Star Trek pro. $3200 bb Light routed
Met pro. $3300 bb Light routed
Ac/dc pro. $3500 bb Light routed
Harley Davidson sega. $1400 bb Played kinda. Dmd out. heavy routed with drop targets broken and no playfield gi
De Simpsons. $800 Back glass shot. Bottom of cab bowed down from water dmg. Booted about every 5 minutes and played the boot sound with playfield gi on then turned back off
Trail drive $300 em played
Wild life $225 em played
Time $225 warp. Booted but didn't play. Cab was painted white
Action baseball $150. Didn't boot or light up
Millionaire ?? no boards
Lethal weapon #1. $125 Missing power supply and mpu dmd and panel driver Heavy project. Parts game
Lethal weapon #2. $175 Missing power, mpu and dmd and panel. Parts game

image-808.jpgimage-808.jpgimage-308.jpgimage-308.jpgimage-182.jpgimage-182.jpgimage-457.jpgimage-457.jpgimage-477.jpgimage-477.jpgimage-446.jpgimage-446.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Sounds like an AWEFUL auction!!!

#3 9 years ago

we left around 12:15.
started around a hour and a half late.
took my money back home with me but did stop and have delicious Chinese in JC.
ah well.... maybe they'll show up on time next time

#4 9 years ago

The Trail Drive and Wild Life were good deals.

#5 9 years ago

I honestly do not know why people bring late model routed sterns to auctions and think they will go above the 4.2k range or higher. When they were all bought back I could see the disappointment on Rob's face watching the commissions disappear. Long drive for nothing, but first time at this location so now I know what to expect. The shocker was the Simpsons selling for 800 ($966 after taxes and fees). That thing was a POS.

#6 9 years ago

So glad I didn't waste my time driving 4 hours each way for this.

#7 9 years ago

I wish I could put an item up on Ebay then bid the price up myself like the owners of the pins do.How is that right?

#8 9 years ago

What a joke! Always one greedy clown to ruin it for everybody! Auctioneer was only 2 hrs late to start auction! Wtf??

#9 9 years ago

The whole buy back thing is what keeps me away from this nonsense.

#10 9 years ago

I still don't get why people get upset with buybacks and the seller bidding on their own stuff. It is allowed in the rules, plus it should not matter to other bidders to start with. When you decide to bid on something you MUST have a limit that you bid to and don't go over. The fact that the seller is bidding does not change your bid limit. If you don't have the discipline to stick to your limit, then you shouldn't participate in auctions to start with.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I still don't get why people get upset with buybacks and the seller bidding on their own stuff. It is allowed in the rules, plus it should not matter to other bidders to start with. When you decide to bid on something you MUST have a limit that you bid to and don't go over. The fact that the seller is bidding does not change your bid limit. If you don't have the discipline to stick to your limit, then you shouldn't participate in auctions to start with.

Because if something goes to auction, then it should be "for sale" at the price the buyer gets to without the seller shilling it up... It SHOULD NOT be allowed in the rules. If the seller has a reserve then that needs to be the way it's offered for auction. If the seller didn't want to sell it, then they shouldn't bring it.

#12 9 years ago

Lets just skip the whole bidding process then! Why waste 30 minutes of my life on bullshit! Let everyone know what reserve is at beginning of auction! I got better things to do then listen to banjos in the background as i try to win a pinball!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from ranchdrsn:

Because if something goes to auction, then it should be "for sale" at the price the buyer gets to without the seller shilling it up... It SHOULD NOT be allowed in the rules. If the seller has a reserve then that needs to be the way it's offered for auction. If the seller didn't want to sell it, then they shouldn't bring it.

Would you bring a ST, Met, etc. if there was a risk you had to sell at $2K? The purpose is to encourage sellers to bring games. Sucks for the buyers that the reserves were higher than they wanted, but without the buyback feature those games wouldn't have been there at all.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Would you bring a ST, Met, etc. if there was a risk you had to sell at $2K? The purpose is to encourage sellers to bring games. Sucks for the buyers that the reserves were higher than they wanted, but without the buyback feature those games wouldn't have been there at all.

Its an AUCTION I thought.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Right, with the buyback option they WEREN'T really there because they didn't sell, so what exactly was the point of bringing them??? A reserve price is one thing because it's clearly stated that the item has a reserve BEFORE bidding, and when it's met it will sell, but a buyback/seller shill is plain stupid and unfair. A seller bidding on their own item to increase it's price and if it doesn't sell for what they want they place the high bid?!?!!??? BS. Hey! Look at our auction! 350 items to look at and 20 actually for sale! No thanks... Would make more sense to just charge the seller a fee to "show" their item at a set sale price like an advertising or rent fee. Then at least if no one buys it the auction house still makes some money and the seller gets a price they want or they don't sell. Like have 2 areas, set price sales and the auction sales. At least that would be fair. And yes, If I were to bring something to an auction I would sell it, even if it was less than expected, that's the point. If I wasn't willing to get less I wouldn't have brought it in the first place. Market determines price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superauction-91314-eldon-mo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.