Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by KYBingo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200612_083714.jpg
20200612_084316.jpg
20200612_084522.jpg

#1 62 days ago

After reading viriiguy's posts about his NOS Miss Universe, I got inspired to set up a few more of the bingos I got last year from Coinop Warehouse. The 2 Miss Universes are playing about 90%.
I just set up a Bali with a Super Wall Street backglass. Everything was pretty crusty and dusty, but the game almost works. Check out the coin meter...this game was set for 1 credit for a quarter.

20200612_084522.jpg20200612_084316.jpg20200612_083714.jpg
#2 58 days ago

Nice - if you end up removing the glass from the game at some point, I'd be interested to know if you think the image is a decal or if it is a true screened backglass. I've heard from a collector in Canada that the Bali glasses were scraped and Super Wall Street decals were applied. The images make it look like a screened glass, but you'll be able to easily (?) tell from the back side.

#3 58 days ago

Getting inspired to work my machine...post recovery.

The coin meters have always been a mystery to me. Which (of the three) tells what? My guess: one tells the number of coins dropped, one tells the number of replays rewarded...I give up on the third.

Can they be reset? How to observe they are working correctly?

#4 57 days ago

Coins in, replays awarded, replays knocked off.

Mechanical meters, with great difficulty, can be reset, but the hard part is putting them back together correctly.

You have to completely disassemble the meter to spin it back. Usually lots of fiddly bits in there to be put back incorrectly.

#5 57 days ago

originally bingos had:

1] total replays / total out - number of credits won
2] total plays - number of times the game was cycled by coin or credit
3] "coin out" - a meter that is only on the very early game schematics - but there's wires on most games on the ball trough to support it. It records how many credits were reset off the replay register when the game was power cycled (or the knock-off button was used on early games).

doing a little math with the above you can figure out the profit and split it with the location, and you also know how much play the machine is getting.

the later games that gave multiple "credits" per coin complicated life. Sometimes the meter is recording coins inserted, sometimes "total plays" (i.e. if the game only took quarters and was 1 cycle + 4 credits, the meter increase 5 for each coin).

worse was the games that took both a nickel (1 cycle) and a quarter (1 cycle + 4 credits) ... some had a meter for each coin and recorded the number of coins, but they also usually had support for a "total plays" meter.

then on games with the kumbackkey on the cabinet side, another meter records how many credits were added using the key switch.

then there were games that limited the number of coins you could insert per game, but if you had credits you could cycle the games more times than the coin limit. Those also tended to have coin deposited and total play meters.

assuming the location was paying off credits, as the operator you needed to know "coin out". That gets reimbursed to the location, then the remaining loot in the cashbox gets split per agreement after adjusting for any key plays.

without a "coin out" meter, you have to count the coins in the cashbox to calculate the reimbursement amount. e.g. if there was 1000 "total plays", 400 "total replays" and 700 coins in the cash box, then the location would have paid out 100 coins.

to avoid the math, the "coin out" meter just gave the answer, and other meters were hooked up so counting the coins in the cashbox on location wasn't needed.

the common factory-installed meters were total plays, total replays and key switch.

on super wall street, the schem shows a "coin meter" that is counting the number of coins deposited. It won't increment when there's credits on the game. There's also the key meter, total plays and total replays. You'd need to look at what wires are connected to the meters to verify what they are doing.

fwiw, super wall street is slightly different from bali. They added an alternator unit and alternator relay in the multi-coin relay circuit ... that would power the multi-play relay every X number of coins, where X depended on the cam profile of the alternator unit.

#6 51 days ago

Hmmm.. well it looks like I need to start by writing down the "starting" number of each meter. Then drop a nickle to see what changes. I have my schematic out and will look for the meters and see what is driving them.

Thanks all

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 53.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 209.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 17.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside