• Latest reply 9 years ago by bonzo71
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Straight Pinball.jpg
#1 9 years ago

What do you guys think this is worth? The guy want $1000 for it. I think it's a bit pricey.
Super Straight Pinball.jpgSuper Straight Pinball.jpg

#2 9 years ago

My 2010 book has it at $400.

#3 9 years ago

I offered $750 only because it's in such great shape. I'm kinda glad he turned it down

#4 9 years ago

Pay it, nice example by the looks. Most cabinets are rooted as they are made with chip board and the graphics are screened not stencilled so very hard to reproduce. Play fields and back glasses are solid.

#5 9 years ago

That really does look like it is in good shape. I have had two sonic machines and that trumps both of them. PFs are virtually indestructible - parts are easy to get...

-scott

#6 9 years ago

If you like the game go for it.

#7 9 years ago

It's a nice game for sure. $1000 is a bit much, but he probably has an idea of how badly you must want it. Sometimes ya gotta bite the bullet!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I offered $750 only because it's in such great shape.

Offer $850.00, that should get his attention anyway. Pretty sure you would walk away with it for no more than $900.00 if you really want it.

Ken

#9 9 years ago

Looks very nice - if the rest of the machine is as nice as the right side appears to be and the machine works all the way, then $1,000 seems like a very good deal for the buyer.

#10 9 years ago

saw one a few years ago for 200 not working, nice condition, sat forever then finally sold.

1000 seems way high.

these games were made nice but in my opinion a fully working one 500-650.

#11 9 years ago

Bought mine hardly working with a destroyed cab (water damaged), no chimes and no match unit for $175. It's a fun game and that looks like a beautiful example. Worth is in the eye of the beholder, but these are far from rare and not in high demand.

#12 9 years ago

I can't pay $1000 for an EM. I would never get my money back out of it if I wanted to sell it. I don't mind taking a $100 hit if I have enjoyed the game for a long time, but I'm thinking it would be a $500 hit.

#13 9 years ago

I would stay in the $600-700 range. Only because it looks to be in exceptional condition.

#14 9 years ago

I would go 850 only because it is local and you don't have to have it shipped. Later on when you sell it you can sell it for 1000 OBO and settle for 750-850.

#15 9 years ago

I owned a Super Straight for a few months. You can see some pics of it here on the IPDB...

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Super+straight&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Mine are labeled John Detweiler. I loved looking at the game...it was beautiful. It was in great condition. But honestly, I did not enjoy playing it. It was rather boring to me. Not much going on game play wise. It has giant ball sucking outlanes that aren't even fair. That's just my opinion, but I hope you have at least played it. I sold mine for $600. Don't want to talk you out of it, just giving you some input. Good luck....John

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Sirtiltsalot:

I owned a Super Straight for a few months. You can see some pics of it here on the IPDB...
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Super+straight&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick
Mine are labeled John Detweiler. I loved looking at the game...it was beautiful. It was in great condition. But honestly, I did not enjoy playing it. It was rather boring to me. Not much going on game play wise. It has giant ball sucking outlanes that aren't even fair. That's just my opinion, but I hope you have at least played it. I sold mine for $600. Don't want to talk you out of it, just giving you some input. Good luck....John</bloc

I passed on the pin and gave the info to another member. No way will I pay $1000 for an EM

#17 9 years ago

The question was, "What do you think this game is worth?". To someone looking for a nice condition Super Straight that they can easily go look at, test, and take home today, then $1,000 is a good deal. Why? Because a buyer who wants a nice and local Super Straight isn't going to have a monthly opportunity to buy one of these games. The next one could be years away, require a long drive or shipping, most likely is not as nice, and only cost a few hundred less. For a buyer who wants this pin, it's worth $1,000.

To a buyer with a "I don't really want this game, but would take it if I can sell it for what I have in it just to play it for a while and then sell it to someone with the same motive", then $600 or $750 is the value of the game to that party.

To a buyer with a "I want to buy this game, play it a while, and make a few hundred when I'm done", then <$500 is the value of the game to that party.

It's all relative

#18 9 years ago

^^^

this is very well put...

#19 9 years ago

I looked at one a year or so ago, it was in excellent condition. John from PinballEnthusiast was selling it, I should have picked it up but the game play wasn't for me. Since I was picking up a bunch of PF glass, I think he was asking $325 or so. The machine later sold at Allentown. SegaSA's are nice machines, I have a Monaco right now.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

The question was, "What do you think this game is worth?". To someone looking for a nice condition Super Straight that they can easily go look at, test, and take home today, then $1,000 is a good deal. Why? Because a buyer who wants a nice and local Super Straight isn't going to have a monthly opportunity to buy one of these games. The next one could be years away, require a long drive or shipping, most likely is not as nice, and only cost a few hundred less. For a buyer who wants this pin, it's worth $1,000.
To a buyer with a "I don't really want this game, but would take it if I can sell it for what I have in it just to play it for a while and then sell it to someone with the same motive", then $600 or $750 is the value of the game to that party.
To a buyer with a "I want to buy this game, play it a while, and make a few hundred when I'm done", then <$500 is the value of the game to that party.
It's all relative

But the big question is. Is there anyone out there, looking specifically for a Super Straight? Unless there is some childhood personal attachment to the game, it's not one of those games, that has something so unique about it, that there is some mad desire. Which is why it falls in the $600-800 nice condition pile. Which there are 100's of EM's in that pile. You might be sitting on it for years at $1000, hoping to find that one guy, that played this as a kid and loved it then.

#21 9 years ago

Since it has such a nice cabinet..$550..tops. I own two sonic game and they play great. Playfields are like glass and they use Williams parts. Good games, but just not in high demand.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-straight-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.