(Topic ID: 162491)

Super Straight 'Canyon'/Kicker Bouncing Wrong

By zacaj

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Picked up a Super Straight recently, and the kicker in the upper part of the shooter lane doesn't kick the ball all the way up consistently. From what I can see, when it doesn't get all the way around, the ball is bouncing back and forth horizontally a lot and using up its momentum. The wire gate also has a bend near the upper end, and I'm not sure if that's by design, or from years of wear slowly beating it into that shape, and I can't see it in any of the pictures on ipdb. Does anyone have a Super Straight with a straight wire gate, or has had this problem too?

#2 7 years ago

The "crooked kicking" thing is prob a bent kicker, check that too see if its bent in some way due to use, and the wire gate..., well try and bend it right again and see if it change the gameplay?

#3 7 years ago

I have a SS with the same problem... not sure of the wire form, but the kick plate in the saucer can be bent a little, and should be able to direct the ball straight out instead of the wobble your gettin.
chk the pivot on the kick to see if it is wobblin. if so, shud replace the part.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-straight-canyonkicker-bouncing-wrong and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.