By Peruman

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DEA856F1-364F-4AA2-9A5B-C185731E3ECF (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Peruman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I have a weird issue with a Super Spin that I just moved and setup at a friend's house.

Game was playing fine after setting it up. As we put a couple games on it, the game would go to Game Over during game play. Not when the ball was in the outhole, but while the ball was out on the playfield. There was no rhyme or reason either. Sometimes you could play a full 5-ball game and others it would happen on the first ball, second ball, any ball. Playing single player or two player game made no difference, the game would Game Over at random.

I checked the Game Over relay - no issues there, all the switches metered out correct.

Then the issue got worst, after pushing the reset button, the game would reset the score reels and get to the point where it's going to kick out a ball but would not --> the Game Over light would stay on and the ball would not kickout.

I'm stumped by this issue. Could it be one of the tilt switches in the backbox or playfield having opened during transport?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Alberto

#2 3 years ago

Could it be that one of the Bounce Switches is opening during game play? I just saw this note in the Startup Sequence page.

Looking at the schematic, the Bounce Switches control the Hold relay, how would those also control the Game Over relay?

DEA856F1-364F-4AA2-9A5B-C185731E3ECF (resized).jpegDEA856F1-364F-4AA2-9A5B-C185731E3ECF (resized).jpeg
#6 3 years ago

It ended up being the Hold relay not staying closed after pushing the Start button. When pushing start, I could see the Hold armature close and immediately open again.

The anti cheat switch on the backbox looked closed but was reading 6 ohms on the voltmeter. After cleaning and adjusting it was reading 0.4 ohms. After that, the Hold relay would pull and stay.

I cleaned all of the anti-cheat switches after that and adjusted them so they stay closed.

We put about a dozen games on it with no issues after that. Hopefully that was it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Peruman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-spin-goes-to-game-over-during-game-play?tu=Peruman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.