View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190410-144635 (resized).png
20190410_144253 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
20190409_204422-1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
#1 5 years ago

I am working on a 1975 Super Soccer pinball. I had it working almost 100% then all of a sudden I started a game and it did its full reset I thought. The flippers work and and the pop bumpers work. Kickers work but it will not score anything. Anyone have an idea what would keep it from scoring all of a sudden? Thanks

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballman3:

full reset I thought.

Did it complete this? If so, check Jones plugs.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3 5 years ago

The small Jones plug from the playfield pigtail that plugs into the backbox probably isn't connected.

#4 5 years ago

currieddog, it does the complete reset and ball kicks out to the shooter lane. The flippers, pop bumpers and kickers work. If i put the ball in the red or yellow hole it kicks it out. There is just no scoring at all. I had already cleaned all of the Jones plugs and everything was working fine. I changed from 5 ball to 3 ball and then started a game and it would not score. So i put it back to 5 ball and it still will not score. It is like there is no power to the scoring system which includes the bonus activation and scoring. If i manually activate the bonus relay it pops a bonus ball up and scores as it should. I need to check and make sure in the morning I have the 3/5 ball plug in right. If that was not in right could that make it not score?

MrBally, all of the Jones plugs are plugged in just like they where when it was operating as it should. The pic is of the Jones plugs for the Super Soccer. They are not mounted to the backbox like most are.

20190409_204422-1 (resized).jpg20190409_204422-1 (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

I put a 1 on all of the reels for all 4 players manually just to test them resetting. I hit the start button all of the reels reset to 0. Then it went through the rest of the reset and kicked the ball out to shooter lane. Everything works but scoring and bonus activation which i think is tied in with the scoring. If i manually activate the score relays it makes the chime ring and scores those points. If i manually put a bonus ball in the bonus through and then put the pinball in the 1000 and scores bonus hole it scores the 1000 points plus the 1000 for the bonus ball and kicks the pinball out. I manually moved the player unit to all 4 players and it does not score on any player. I am hoping someone with better schematic reading skills can tell me if there are switches that put power to the scoring system once the game is reset. Something has to turn on and off for the scoring since it will not score in game over right? I am trying to brain storm this thing and my brain hurts. I was so close and them BAM.

#6 5 years ago

Check these two make/breaks:

#7 5 years ago

I cleaned and checked all of the switches on the R relay (hold relay) and the SB1 relay. They all look good and are making contact when they are suppose to. Still no scoring. I did the same to the QB relay. Still no luck. Anymore ideas? Thanks

#8 5 years ago

I remember a issue like this on my Spirit of 76. This may sound odd but start your game then launch the ball let it bang around a bit if it kicks the ball back out launch it again until the game ends even though it's not scoring. Then start a game and see if it scores. On my Spirt if you powered it off mid game it would do this you basically had to finish the last game before it would start scoring a new game. I fixed it and I may have even seeked help here on pinside to do so.

#10 5 years ago

Check this score motor sw.

#11 5 years ago

Checked and cleaned the motor switch at 1A. That switch makes it score after something is activated correct? Normally open with motor at home position. If i hit any switch on the playfield that should score nothing happens at all. No reaction from any switch that should score. Score relays are not activated and the motor does not turn. It is like you did not even hit the switch at all. Thanks

#12 5 years ago

If i start a game and score some points in the back box manually with the score relays i can then drain the ball and it moves to ball 2 drain again ball 3 same for 4 and 5 then it goes to game over. Anything I do manually it does flawlessly. The score switches on the playfield will just not activate anything. Everything else works. If i manually activate the 500 point bonus relay it gives 500 points and pops a bonus ball up. I drain the ball and it scores the bonus ball and then kicks the pinball back out to the shooter lane. Thanks for your help

#13 5 years ago

Figured it out. It was the sixth switch on motor 1C. Opens circuit to playboard contacts. It is a normally closed switch at home position. It was open at home position. There was no power to the playfield switches to activate the score relays. I found a rusted screw laying on top of the switch stack. I think it got in there and bent that switch out. Like i said one game all was perfect and the next game it would not score. Now to find out where that screw fell out of. I really appreciate the help. I am going to try to glue some of my hair back on now.

20190410_144253 (resized).jpg20190410_144253 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190410-144635 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190410-144635 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-soccer-will-not-score-at-all?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.