2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jdapolito
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9A9E24BD-85C6-465A-89F7-099B1679B036 (resized).jpeg
    9D0841F0-F05E-482F-8B20-A0DA8DEF2266 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

Have a super soccer when playing a single player game or multi player game the player unit doesn’t step up correctly in single player game after first ball is played it only steps up to player four position and will mostly stay there until game is over
    In multi player game it only intermittently steps up correctly
    Is this a problem in the Player unit switches
    It seems to play a two player game the best
    Thanks

#2 2 years ago

This could be a mechanical or an electrical problem. Does the Player Unit solenoid activate the correct number of times?

#3 2 years ago

I see what you mean ill take a closer look tomorrow
    I was messing around with it tonight and it seems to play a two player and even three player game ok
    For some reason i didnt try a four player game
    Ill take a closer look tomorrow
    Thanks

#4 2 years ago

Rhe game seems to play a four player game correctly
    The player unit on a one player game moves with each stroke of the selenoid
    But the selenoid needs to fire one more time
    Could it be one of the switches for player one in the player unit

#5 2 years ago

These 7 switches control how many times the Player unit solenoid fires between balls. If it advances correctly except on a 1 player game, the problem is likely in the P2G or the PB2 switches.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 week later
    #6 2 years ago

Ok i went thru the player unit switches and they are cleaned and seem to be making good contact still no help went thru all the switches on the relay bank under the playfield they seem to be making and breaking properly thought i had it fixed when the first ball drained on a single player game and it cycled back to player one for ball two but then it went to player four for the remainder
    A two player game seems to work well a three player game skips some players at times
    And with four player game on the fourth or fifth ball players one and two score at the same time and the game never goes to game over
    Ok this may be a long shot but could the rotating arm on the player unit be off or in the wrong position ? I noticed a coil for a kicker was completely wrong and that caused it not to work

9A9E24BD-85C6-465A-89F7-099B1679B036 (resized).jpeg9A9E24BD-85C6-465A-89F7-099B1679B036 (resized).jpeg9D0841F0-F05E-482F-8B20-A0DA8DEF2266 (resized).jpeg9D0841F0-F05E-482F-8B20-A0DA8DEF2266 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #7 2 years ago

Adjusted switches again no change
    Then got smart finally and took another look at the player unit the spring that pulls the lever and advances the unit was very stretched out and so had been attached putting too much tension so the coil couldn't function correctly all the time
    I readjusted this and got good results finally
    But i think I'm going to just replace the spring its pretty far gone
    Thanks for pointing me in the rt direction with your first response

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-soccer-player-unit-doesnt-step-up-correctly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.