Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jeffc
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181018_091206_resized (resized).jpg
20181018_091157_resized (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181016-083407_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
20181015015041286 (resized).jpg
hammer (resized).jpg
vice2 (resized).jpg
vice (resized).jpg
20181014_090923_resized (resized).jpg
20181014_090857_resized (resized).jpg
20181014_090909_resized (resized).jpg
4B971AF6-5343-4EC9-A715-120CE0CD8094 (resized).jpeg
CF68B0C5-CED3-47E9-AA23-44C965F40DA6 (resized).jpeg
25553F1C-F251-4C02-9F6D-B97B09B107E3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20181007_092724.jpg
IMG_20181007_092706.jpg
image (resized).jpeg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

I feel like I am getting suggestions from folks that have different games in mind. This is Gottlieb 1975.

#52 1 year ago

The lock bar receiver has at least two if not three screws that are going to be inaccessible before the Playfield is removed. I suppose if one was willing to break the glass, remove the acorn nut that would normally hold down the Playfield, and remove the upper play field retaining bar, then, you could slide the Playfield out towards the back of the game a bit enough to remove the screws from the lock bar receiver? You would also have to remove the shooter housing so that basically, you're removing the whole lock bar receiver!

#53 1 year ago

Here is the underside of the pf, it will be difficult to unscrew the middle plate that is held in place by the lockdown bar handle.

You'll need to either cut the hoop of the middle plate or see if you can remove the fat pin on the lockdown bar handle (it is held in place by a nut). If you do mange to pull the handle down this will probably still not release the lockdown bar pins, I expect it will just mangle the area where the handle mates to the sliding bar. BUT this should disengage the fat pin from the pf plate allowing the pf to be lifted up once glass is removed

(break the glass, break the glass )

20181018_091157_resized (resized).jpg20181018_091206_resized (resized).jpg
#54 1 year ago

Have you looked up at the handle, where the pin goes through the playfield bracket? Has some one put a bolt and nut through the point where the locking pin is suppose to be?

#55 1 year ago

Did you try the bolts or screwdrivers into holes and tap on it that way yet? My phillips screwdriver was a bit big but there could be one that fits. Otherwise a good bolt that won`t bend.

#56 1 year ago

Why not take the head off, legs off and flip it over onto piece of carpet , open the coin door ( might need to prop the cab to clear the door to carpet ) and soak the mech in some 3 in one oil or plus gas or rust breaking fluid. Then at least you can see what you are doing without doing damage!

#57 1 year ago

I keep hoping with each new post that the OP proclaims "I got it open"!

#58 1 year ago

I am observing from afar, sorta hoping for a dramatic conclusion involving a chainsaw and gasoline

#59 1 year ago

It may be worth giving freeze spray, using the extension tube to pinpoint the lockdown receiver critical points, a go. I have had mixed results using freeze spray to release seized/rusted parts but others I know talk it up.

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from Classicpinballs:

Why not take the head off, legs off and flip it over onto piece of carpet , open the coin door ( might need to prop the cab to clear the door to carpet ) and soak the mech in some 3 in one oil or plus gas or rust breaking fluid. Then at least you can see what you are doing without doing damage!

You really can't get to the sliding part of the locking mechanism from the bottom. The lockbar receiver kind of hooks onto the front wooden edge of the cabinet, so there's about 2 1/2" of wood below it. The only thing really accessible from the bottom would be the lever itself, but now you're fighting gravity by trying to pull it upward.

#61 1 year ago

I wonder if he took the game outside could he use a cut off wheel to cut the lock down bar off the game (I assume these can be found easily) my thought being then he could cut the entire lock down bar off from the top side. Slide the glass out and get to the receiver from the top as well as the bottom? Both the receiver and lock down bar would need to be replaced but it should get the job done?

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

I wonder if he took the game outside could he use a cut off wheel to cut the lock down bar off the game (I assume these can be found easily) my thought being then he could cut the entire lock down bar off from the top side. Slide the glass out and get to the receiver from the top as well as the bottom? Both the receiver and lock down bar would need to be replaced but it should get the job done?

Personally, I wouldn't cut anything. I would try breaking the glass before resorting to that.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Personally, I wouldn't cut anything. I would try breaking the glass before resorting to that.

Even tempered glass is lower in price, than a used lock down bar.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Even tempered glass is lower in price, than a used lock down bar.

I usually replace glass anyway. The only thing that would hold me back is the mess that it makes.

#65 1 year ago

1. Breaking the glass won't really help as the lock down bar will still be secured.

2. If the vise Grips on the lever did not allow you to pull it down to the right, determine if the acorn shaped thing is frozen to the playboard receiver. If so, unbolt it from the lever with a ratchet & socket or try to unscrew the receiver from the playboard.

3. Call the master, Steve Young, at Pinball Resource.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm confused, how would busting the glass help? You would still need to get the lock bar off in order to get at the lock bar receiver right?

#67 1 year ago

I'm confused, how would busting the glass help? You would still need to get the lock bar off in order to get at the lock bar receiver right?

Look at the suggestions above.

#68 1 year ago

If the lock down bar is unobtainable, then drilling through the bar, or cutting off the lock down bar is not an option.

Remove the legs, and backbox. First, get up inside remove the 10 screws holding the brackets for the play field, not as easy as it sounds. The plunger might be in the way, and may have to be removed too. Turn the pin on its side or upside down (on a hard surface or over a tarp), break the glass. Clean up all of the glass CAREFULLY. The playfield will be exposed, turn the game over, slide the playfield into the back of the game The playfield only needs to move back far enough to clear the lockdown bar. Then one should be able to pivot out the playfield. This should now give full access to the mounting hardware on the receiver.

Basically repeating what pinhead52 has already suggested.

#69 1 year ago

I would Not cut/drill this lock down bar- this style of lock down is expensive to replace...

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I would Not cut/drill this lock down bar- this style of lock down is expensive to replace...

Ah got ya, yeah I didn't know if they were super common. I figured if they were common or cheap why not just cut it off but if that isn't the case then I guess not

#71 1 year ago

Ah got ya, yeah I didn't know if they were super common. I figured if they were common or cheap why not just cut it off but if that isn't the case then I guess not

receivers are readily available, lockdown bars are exp/hard to find. break the glass (add a poll )

4 weeks later
#72 1 year ago

sdm0 - Any luck?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Apparel - Unisex
PinShades
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 87.00
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
€ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Creo Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Playfield - Other
Pinball Stuff
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside