Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6483 (resized).JPG
0Super-Soccer-Score-Motor (resized).jpg
0Super-Soccer-Work-01 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
IMG_6474 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkcarrot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a Super Soccer that I have almost everything working on, except for the double bonus. On ball 5 it is not scoring double on the bonus and I can't figure out how this is supposed to work. The double bonus light is on, but it doesn't score double.

Should the score motor spin twice to score two thousand for each bonus ball before kicking it?
Which switch controls this, is it even on the score motor?

I verified all the switches on the fifth ball relay are touching properly and I cleaned them. I'm attaching what I think is the relevant part of the schematic, but since I don't know how the double bonus should be working, I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Any help is much appreciated!

IMG_6474 (resized).JPGIMG_6474 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

I have confirmed all of those switches are making contact, and it is giving 1000 bonus, but it isn't scoring twice.

#6 6 years ago

My big problem is I don't understand from the schematic which is regular bonus and which is double. (I'm really just learning to read schematics) And more importantly what the double is supposed to do to actually score 2000. Should it be actuating the bonus relay twice?

I know it's tough trying to help without being at the game, but I appreciate any explanation you can provide at all.

#8 6 years ago

Yes, the bonus score relay.

#11 6 years ago

That's great info, thanks guys! I didn't get a chance to work on it yesterday, but I think I will tonight.

#12 6 years ago

Ok, not sure what to make of this. Following Rolf's advice I found that double bonus does work when the adjustment plug is set to three ball. But even connecting the yellow-black to the L relay didn't work in five ball. I'm curious if it could be an issue with the plug, but I find that unlikely. It doesn't look like it has been messed with, but there is no yellow-black on the five ball side (see pic below). Is that correct?

IMG_6483 (resized).JPGIMG_6483 (resized).JPG

#14 6 years ago

So is there a wire I can jumper to on the 5 ball side to test if that much is working? If I'm understanding this, there are only 4 switches involved:

Motor 1a: almost certainly working because the other bonuses work.
Relay Q: also almost certainly working
Yel-blk on Motor 1b: I have verified it makes contact and I cleaned the contacts.
SL-blk on CX: I have verified this makes contact and cleaned the contacts. I also jumped this one to make sure it was connected.

What am I missing here?

Edit:
Messing around (not totally sure what I am doing makes logical sense) I decided to see if jumpering from the switches to the 1000p relay did anything. From motor 1a Gr-Yel, it pulsed the relay five times per a 1/3rd rotation, which I expected. From motor 1b Yel-Blk, it never pulsed the replay. Not even when on the fifth ball. Does this mean there is some issue getting power through the 1b switch? Should I be testing at a different point along the line?

#16 6 years ago

I only had a few minutes to look at it last night, but I am pretty confident the issue is with the 1B switch (or possibly the wiring from it to the CX relay). I will investigate that further when I get some more time.

Thank you both for your help, I'm sure I will get this fixed soon. Just from this little issue I feel like I have a much better understanding when it comes to reading schematics and relating them to what I can see mechanically happen. Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkcarrot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-soccer-double-bonus-not-scoring?tu=porkcarrot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.