You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Advance Unit Relay (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Greetings,

I'm have a problem where the AX, BX and CX solenoids never energize. At the start of a game, after the first points are registered, the First Ball Relay (ZB) energizes and play continues but the AX (1st OR 3rd BALL RELAY) does not engage. Neither do the BX (2nd OR 4th BALL RELAY) nor the CX (3rd OR 5th BALL RELAY) engage during play.

I see the them on the schematic but I don't see how they get energized from the "Player Unit".

Does anyone know where the signal to energize the solenoid comes from or have any other idea why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Advance Unit Relay (resized).jpgAdvance Unit Relay (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

When set up for 5 ball play:
When the Player unit reaches position 8 (ball 3), AX should energize through the Player unit disk and wiper. See attached picture.
When the Player unit reaches position 12 (ball 4), BX should energize through the Player unit disk and wiper.
When the Player unit reaches position 16 (ball 5), CX should energize through the Player unit disk and wiper.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 2 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. That makes a lot of sense. So if I set it to 3 player, it should energize at the start of the game, correct?

#4 2 years ago

Got it fixed! Thanks again for your help HowardR. I cleaned contacts on the player unit and switched to 3 player to make it easier to get through testing. In 3 player mode, AX was working as it should but BX and CX did not. It turned out that corrosion on the latches kept them from sliding when the solenoids energized and on 3 players there was enough vibration to bounce AX loose enough to release.

Bottom line... Back In Business!

Thanks Again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-soccer-ax-bx-cx-solenoids-never-energizing?hl=peruman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.