Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by 0geist0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bowler_Puck_001.jpg
    Shuffle_Bowler_004.jpg
    Shuffle_Bowler_002.jpg
    Shuffle_Bowler_003.jpg
    Shuffle_Bowler_001.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Have a few questions... My mom sent me these pics... She wants to buy it, it's not working, what's a good price on one of these?

Is there a repro back glass?

Any common parts that go bad?

Anything I should look out for?

Thank you guys!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#2 8 years ago

puck bowlers don't go for a lot. Had a chance to get many of them for $125 fully working and passed. They are hard to move. This one doesn't even have flash on it, which makes it even less desiralbe. Offer $100 and be happy. Looks like a mini version of my ball bowler.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Have a few questions... My mom sent me these pics... She wants to buy it, it's not working, what's a good price on one of these?
    Is there a repro back glass?
    Any common parts that go bad?
    Anything I should look out for?
    Thank you guys!!!

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

I would not buy it if flash is not on the game.

#5 8 years ago

Awesome fellas, thank you!

#6 8 years ago

This is a 1952 model, the first year United used score reels. 20/30 scoring. United wouldn't have flash until 1961. Replacement back glasses are impossible to find almost at any price for most shuffle alleys. A non-working shuffle alley with a bad backglass is worth very little, maybe $100. Fully operational shuffle alleys generally top out in price around $500....even though you'll see lots of sellers asking insane high prices....hoping for a sucker.
    Buy this one only if you are looking for a project.

#7 8 years ago

I have one like it that I paid $340 for partially working.
    After cleaning switches and score wheels it is now 100%.
    I refinished all the bare wood but left all the scars and nose dents from the bar fights.I'd sell for $500.
    BTW they are very easy to move, with the head off, they are lighter than a pin.
    Shuffle Bowler 001.JPGShuffle Bowler 001.JPGShuffle Bowler 002.JPGShuffle Bowler 002.JPGShuffle Bowler 003.JPGShuffle Bowler 003.JPGShuffle Bowler 004.JPGShuffle Bowler 004.JPG

#9 8 years ago

I'm sure Gary Conway or BGResto could make a new glass for you. You'd have to get the machine cheap to justify the expense. It's nice to see the small pins intact on this one. They can be hard to find.

The advantage to the earlier style I think is they are attractive and narrow. Even though they consume more space than a pin they aren't any wider. I think a lot of the later feature packed shuffle alleys are not very attractive. To me the best compromise if you want one is that small window in 1961 where they had a few game options but retained the wood legs. Of course if you can, a ball bowler is the way to go.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

there even any sand on there?

You mean wax? I just cleaned the formica in the pics, so no there is none.

#11 8 years ago

Hey Chosen. Don't go there man!
    You barely got a parts machine there.
    No glass available, no puck available...
    If you do not have a shop, you have no chance of bringin that one back.
    Believe me, i just put one together from 2 different year games due to lack of parts.
    It was not easy, and I am good at it.
    That one in florida is ok, but looks like the glass needs attention.
    And it would cost you around 3-400 just to ship it.
    If you are lookin for a bowler, hold out for a newer one.
    Lot more options, and some parts still available. not all, but some.
    Midland had an arcade or two in the 80's, "I was there". chk around, you may just find one.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I'm sure Gary Conway or BGResto could make a new glass for you. You'd have to get the machine cheap to justify the expense. It's nice to see the small pins intact on this one. They can be hard to find.
    The advantage to the earlier style I think is they are attractive and narrow. Even though they consume more space than a pin they aren't any wider. I think a lot of the later feature packed shuffle alleys are not very attractive. To me the best compromise if you want one is that small window in 1961 where they had a few game options but retained the wood legs. Of course if you can, a ball bowler is the way to go.

The small pins and the original puck (which I have) are all but impossible to find. I also have th dime coin slot
    Bowler Puck 001.JPGBowler Puck 001.JPG

#13 8 years ago

They're asking $525, I'm sure I could talk them down, but I'm not really that interested in a big project, but that art is killer!

I really appreciate all the feedback and advise!

I'll let them sucker someone else

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

BTW they are very easy to move

They might not be heavy but you'd need a pickup truck right? That's not fitting in a hatchback like most EM pins is it? Looks at least a 2 man job...most pins I can move by myself. I'd like one of these things but they take up so much real estate...

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

They might not be heavy but you'd need a pickup truck right? That's not fitting in a hatchback like most EM pins is it? Looks at least a 2 man job...most pins I can move by myself. I'd like one of these things but they take up so much real estate...

One person can move it if you put those little wheels under each leg.they will sort of fit in an SUV if you tie the hatch down. The older ones like these are no wider than a pin and are only 8 feel long.
    Great drinking game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-shuffle-alley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.