Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Squizz
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

post_3.jpg
    post_2.jpg
    post_1.jpg
    ACDC_Balls_8586.jpg
    2013-03-15_14.56.43.jpg
    shiny_balls.jpg
    There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

#2 11 years ago

Wonder if those are the same as Silverjet's?

#3 11 years ago

And you're using their ebay picture. Hrm.

Got any real pics, or is that your ebay account?

#4 11 years ago

#5 11 years ago

$2.29 a ball seems pretty steep. Terry's super shiny ones are only $1.50 each.

#6 11 years ago

#7 11 years ago

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Yep, a little pricey but I tried Terry's and they were really poor quality.

I've bought at least 5 dozen of Terry's balls, and I think they're great. I had one bad batch, which he replaced without hesitation.

#9 11 years ago

Those look nice, but I have to say, I have always been a fan of Terry's balls!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

SILVER JETS may retain magnetism if the game has magnet features. These are carbon core and are not as prone to magnetism.

Ah yeah, didn't notice that. Well that's cool. I'll stick with Silverjet's for games without magnets. I'll give these a try though.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Yep, a little pricey but I tried Terry's and they were really poor quality.

I've still got some that are great quality from Terry, but I heard the last couple batches were crap and he stopped selling them until he can source the good ones again.

#14 11 years ago

#15 11 years ago

I have some PBL shiny balls on the way.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from johninc:

I have some PBL shiny balls on the way.

Can you update us when you receive them, please?

#17 11 years ago

Surely.

#18 11 years ago

#19 11 years ago

Just ordered some of these since I've been putting it off for a while. The finish on these looks great!

#20 11 years ago

Has anyone measured any weight difference... or if there is an official ball weight?

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Got some super shiny balls.

You must use that Axe body wash when you shower.

(Sorry. I couldn't help myself.)

#22 11 years ago

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

You must use that Axe body wash when you shower.
    (Sorry. I couldn't help myself.)

#24 11 years ago

Now that made me laugh

#25 11 years ago

I'm also interested in knowing if there are any issues with the PBL balls. Placing an order with them in the next couple days and wondering if I should bother with a new set or not.

#26 11 years ago

You shouldn't use Silver Jets with games with magnets? Is this a real issue or a theoretical one. I was considering getting some for their finish....but not if they're going to act screwy. What happens if they get magnetized? They stick to the ball guides?

#27 11 years ago

I ordered a bunch or balls recently from PBL and they are garbage. They were super gray almost like a powerball that hasn't been replaced. BlingBalls from Amazon are pretty nice and reasonable. I don't know whats going on with the ones provided from Stern. After a couple hundred plays they start to dimple like a golf ball.

#28 11 years ago

the main reason why you don't want to use chrome steel balls in games with magnets is that they stick to each other. The main issue is that they get stuck in the trough, and don't roll down. On the PF, i doubt you will notice anything though.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Hana9so:

the main reason why you don't want to use chrome steel balls in games with magnets is that they stick to each other. The main issue is that they get stuck in the trough, and don't roll down. On the PF, i doubt you will notice anything though.

Ya I lost track of my Silverjets and some other balls when I was cleaning up my game room and ended up storing them together. I know I likely have Silverjets in most of my games with magnets and I have never noticed any issues. I am sure it happens and once or twice may cause a trough jam or something but not anything to be overly worried about

#30 11 years ago

#31 11 years ago

Those look great, I just bought a dozen.

#32 11 years ago

Really liked the you tube video as well

#33 11 years ago

They look Phantastic. What do you think Vid?

#34 11 years ago

#35 11 years ago

Ordered a dozen to check them out. Thanks for posting!

#36 11 years ago

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I've bought at least 5 dozen of Terry's balls, and I think they're great. I had one bad batch, which he replaced without hesitation.

No. He has had *several* bad batches. Ask me how I know! Quality went down big time. To Terry's credit, he is remedying the situation and actually pulled the last batch because of poor quality.

I've ordered a total of probably 70 or so balls from Terry. Originally they were great, shiny, and of high quality. The last few orders, not so much.

#38 11 years ago

Just ordered 8, will report back

#39 11 years ago

I just ordered Silver jets for my new ac/dc premium that I don't have yet
    No magnets in ac/dc that will cause issues with silver jets right?

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I just ordered Silver jets for my new ac/dc premium that I don't have yet
    No magnets in ac/dc that will cause issues with silver jets right?

Just the magnet under the bell. You'll be fine though.

I want to try these balls though, because the Silver Jet's are definitely the shiniest, most perfect looking balls I've ever seen!

#41 11 years ago

Per Pinball Life's description:

"Pinballs are carbon-core and work great in games with magnets!"

What am I missing? This joker on Ebay probaby just bought balls from Terry and upped the price.

#42 11 years ago

I just bought these and they work and look fantastic. I don't know who Terry is??

ebay.com link: 20 chrome steel premium mirror finish pinballs

#43 11 years ago

http://www.pinballlife.com Terry is an Asset. Excellent prices, excellent service. Unfortunately, he does lack selection.

Quoted from hollywood:

I just bought these and they work and look fantastic. I don't know who Terry is??

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

http://www.pinballlife.com Terry is an Asset. Excellent prices, excellent service. Unfortunately, he does lack selection.

WOW! LOL! I never knew he was Pinballlife! My email confirmations always say that Margaret has sent me a package...see, always learning!
    I have spent a TON of money there!! (especially in Shipping ). I am currently waiting for 2 separate orders!!! Thanks Terry, you are awesome!

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Terry is amazing and absolutely my go-to site for supplies. Fast shipping, excellent service, etc. The last batch of balls, however, weren't very good. I'll try these -- what can it hurt? The seller has been on eBay for over 10 years with great feedback. Whether they suck or are the best thing since sliced bread, I'll bump the thread with my opinion.

#46 11 years ago

Here are a couple of pictures of Terry's Ultra-Gloss Pinballs. The first has two regular and two shiny, the second picture I tried to duplicate the picture in the original post. They look pretty nice, I imagine they're similar to the ebay balls.

shiny_balls.jpgshiny_balls.jpg 2013-03-15_14.56.43.jpg2013-03-15_14.56.43.jpg

#47 11 years ago

I guess that second picture isn't too good.

#48 11 years ago

Is that from the newest shipment? The last few weren't so great. Those look good though.

#49 11 years ago

Yes, just got them today.

#50 11 years ago

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-shiny-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.