6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 6 years ago

As a result of my stroke and three brain surgeries. I have weird benefits. And many problems.

But after this I have what I call a cinematic memory.

I had put something away a few months ago. The need arose for the item, and as I thought of it a movie played in my mind fast forward motion to the spot the item was in, showing me exactly where it was.

It was pretty cool. I just watched, and then went and got it.

So I think it is like a cinematic memory not photographic. I have less control over what I "see". But I thought this probably can be used in new and interesting ways. Perhaps.

#2 6 years ago

The other weird super power is my smell. It triggers memories now.

It always did but I can now -see things differently, or more different.

Recently I was in the elevator with my girlfriend. We both smelled the old lady Cologne and recognized it.

It brought back weird memories. Not that something happened associated with the smell, but something is remembered.

It made me think. There are probably other scents from that same time period or even earlier, that could be brought back to me by smells.

The other smell that brings back a memory is herbal essence strawberry shampoo.

That was before my stroke and 3 brain surgeries even.

Smelling my past.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-powers-cinematic-memory and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.