15%

(13 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6604.JPG
IMG_6599.JPG
IMG_6598.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I got my LOTR LE a month ago and the rubber on the posts were quite dull so I replaced them with polyurethane Super-Posts and man what a difference. It has turned the pin into a much faster and harder game.

Im curious, would you put polyurethane Super-Posts on your LOTR or is that making it too hard to play?

#2 9 years ago

I replaced mine with red ones .I also put them on the potd posts which really highlight this area. agree game is much faster.

#3 9 years ago

I have Super-Posts (mistook Super-posts for mini super posts, I do have Cliffy posts on most of my games, and I do have mini super posts on the majority of my games as well!) on most of my games as well as Super-Bands on all my games. I really like them! They are like their Band brothers in the fact that they clean up great, they don't wear, and they look awesome with so many color choices!!
Looking forward to the day that sling shot rubbers (they are awesome as well!!) and other rubber rings are released so I can get rid of all the black rubbers on my newer Stern games!!

Phoebe

Post edited by Butterflygirl24: Mistook mini super posts for super posts!

#4 9 years ago

Pics?

#5 9 years ago

I used orange Cliffy posts and am very happy with those in look and function.

#6 9 years ago

Check out the pictures of LOTR by Greg Colton:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/color2.htm

#7 9 years ago

Ok, pics!

These are the red polyurethane Super-Posts I put into my LOTR. They look amazing, clean-up with a damp paper-towel and are super fast:
IMG_6598.JPGIMG_6598.JPG

I put white mini's in the POTD since they look good:
IMG_6599.JPGIMG_6599.JPG

...and for my STLE I went with Blue mini-posts and the game should have come with them, since the black bumpers disintegrated in a short amount of time and lead to:
1) making the playing-field dirty
2) not protecting the posts
3) slowing down play considerably
IMG_6604.JPGIMG_6604.JPG

#8 9 years ago

Didn't I actually put all those posts on when I traded it lol. How are you enjoying the game ?

#9 9 years ago

I'm not a big fan but glad you guys enjoy them. I prefer the game to play more like the designer intended.

#10 9 years ago

I prefer to slow the ball down IOT increase ball control. Unless thrashing is your gameplay strategy, why would you want to do anything else?

#11 9 years ago

From my experience, this cleaner from pinballlife will clean superband and cliffy post material with a quick wipe to make them look new again.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2651

#12 9 years ago

Yeah the super mini post rubbers are a must have on ST. The black minis on my STLE were just about disintegrated in no time. These minis look awesome, bounce fast and wear like iron.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Didn't I actually put all those posts on when I traded it lol. How are you enjoying the game ?

Merry Christmas! Im loving the game! From the pics you can see some changes Ive made, the 3 biggest being:
- White Gandalf with lite staff (modded that myself)
- Palantir mod
- Shaker motor

Im waiting for "the crack of doom" sideshow statue for the topper, with some fire lighting I got, it should be cool, your welcome to come over to check it out next time you plan to be in the neighborhood. How is SM?

and btw, im still up for meeting your buddy with the pins in the new year...

#14 9 years ago

Those look good. I'm going to try it on both. I've been needing and excuse to white rubber my STLE anyway.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I prefer to slow the ball down IOT increase ball control. Unless thrashing is your gameplay strategy, why would you want to do anything else?

"IOT"? Well, thats why I started the post, cause they do make it harder, Im wondering if too hard? Im getting to destroy the ring 3 to 5 times I play and destroy it once every 7 to 10 times Id say. Its hard...

But, I do like fast gameplay...so Im on the fence on it I should go back to regular rubber. Hence the post and the poll!!

#16 9 years ago

Where do you get these posts? Are these what everyone calls "super bands"? Been out of the pinball game a year and there's all this new stuff!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

Where do you get these posts? Are these what everyone calls "super bands"? Been out of the pinball game a year and there's all this new stuff!

No worries brother, Im sure you can get them in a few places, but I bought them here: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RUBB-POLY

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Merry Christmas! Im loving the game! From the pics you can see some changes Ive made, the 3 biggest being:
- White Gandalf with lite staff (modded that myself)
- Palantir mod
- Shaker motor
Im waiting for "the crack of doom" sideshow statue for the topper, with some fire lighting I got, it should be cool, your welcome to come over to check it out next time you plan to be in the neighborhood. How is SM?
and btw, im still up for meeting your buddy with the pins in the new year...

Hey. Loving the SM you took excellent care of it. I did love Lotr LE but the SM gets so much more attention when people come to play. For sure will bring you to meet my buddy in the new year. And I'll have to stop by to see the game again.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Hey. Loving the SM you took excellent care of it. I did love Lotr LE but the SM gets so much more attention when people come to play. For sure will bring you to meet my buddy in the new year. And I'll have to stop by to see the game again.

That is so funny cause all my friends and family like LOTR more, except one friend... Sounds like it was a perfect trade!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

€ 7.50
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 39.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-posts-on-lotr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.