(Topic ID: 81683)

Super nice TOTAN is in the house! (Traded my WOZLE)

By VolunteerPin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by zucot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Whilst looking to trade my AC/DC Premium, I received an unsolicited offer for a really nice TOTAN trade for my WOZLE.

I went back and forth in my mind whether or not I should take the trade. In the end, I decided it was worthwhile. I just set it up and it looks fantastic and plays great. I figured the WOZLE has been losing value and the TOTAN gaining. Worst case scenario is I can get another WOZ in the future.

Here is a link to all the photos: http://imgur.com/a/jbxy4

I'll have a couple of tech questions in the near future, but for now, I hope you enjoy the photos.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey Darin that is a beautiful Totan!! I,m glad you found
what you where looking for. Indiana Rick

Thanks! I have yet to trade the AC/DC but hopefully soon.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Blingin but the skulls at the end look a little cheap, are they supposed to be there?

They are stupid stickers. I'm going to take them off in the near future. Why someone would put those on there I have no idea. I hope they come off easily. Any suggestions for that?

Quoted from RawleyD:

Totan's a great game. I'm glad you're happy with the trade, but I hope it wasn't just for the above stated reason.

No, not exactly. I guess it is always possible that 'value' wise it was a poor decision but we will see. Heck, with the year I've had in pins I would not be surprised if the TOTAN is traded out for something or sold in six months.

Quoted from Acejedi:

Sorry Ive got to vote Bad Move as well especially since WoZ 2.0 is about to drop, I love TotAN but its really only Pretty,Super Shallow and when the Pin Market Tanks (which it will) Games like TotAN will be the first to be hit. Value Wise what you payed for WoZ vs what I Think will happen to games like TotAN,CV,ToM,GnR AfM,MB etc etc. If your happy with your trade thats all that matters and yes down the road you can always get a Pro WoZ if you want but dont be surprised if when code is complete for WoZ it goes up in value, Lets Remember what Games like CC and MB and CV etc where going for when they first came out, They couldnt give those games away and now they are so desirable.
I just wrote this response as my opinion, and nothing more, as I stated above if your happy thats all that matters and a lot of the games I mentioned I own to including WoZ. Pinball is a fantastic Hobby because there is a game for everyones taste. Enjoy your TotAN and Hopefully you get to play the new WoZ code 2.0 when it launches next week.
Joe(acejedi)

Yes, very possible. I already got hit with the MMR remake killing the value of my MM before I traded it. Like I said in my post original post, I gave this a lot of thought and the trade was on the table for a few weeks before I finally decided to do it.

So far, loving the TOTAN. For myself, I am not allowed to pick the jewel when I get "make a wish" as I do think that makes the pin way too easy to get to the genie battle. I'm hoping my wife and kids like it. WOZ for them was a little too complicated.

#24 10 years ago

Interesting cross-section of posts on this. Before I pulled the trigger I had posted this: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cq-totan-price-check to see if the offer made any sense from a 'value' standpoint. The day we made the trade the other guy told me he had received an $8300 offer that day but stayed committed to the trade. I will say that this pin is a VERY nice original TOTAN which has been pretty blinged out. I have a couple of LEDs out and have one tech thing I need to work on the door. I may go ahead and post a tech thread about that issue.

Basically I've been trying to find the right cross-section of pins which can be enjoyed by the family. I may simply have to own up to the idea that I'm the only one who really gives a rip about pinball and just get what I want. I was told 2-3 times by other pinsiders when I've been kicking this trade idea around that TOTAN was their wife's favorite. That, in part, played into this decision. My wife could not get into WOZ as there was too much going on. She gets frustrated really easily so I wanted something a little more straight forward.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Vanquish09:

TOTAN is one of my personal favorites! Good call on the trade. Pictures Please !!

Follow the link on the original post.

#38 10 years ago

Just to clarify, I don't have one negative thing to say about WOZ. It was a fun game but just felt like this was a good trade opportunity. Mainly, my desire for the thread was to show off a nice TOTAN. My error was in mentioning WOZ at all. Please let's not let this thread turn into a WOZ love/hate thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 5.00
$ 36.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-nice-totan-is-in-the-house?tu=volunteerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.