(Topic ID: 81683)

Super nice TOTAN is in the house! (Traded my WOZLE)

By VolunteerPin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zucot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Whilst looking to trade my AC/DC Premium, I received an unsolicited offer for a really nice TOTAN trade for my WOZLE.

I went back and forth in my mind whether or not I should take the trade. In the end, I decided it was worthwhile. I just set it up and it looks fantastic and plays great. I figured the WOZLE has been losing value and the TOTAN gaining. Worst case scenario is I can get another WOZ in the future.

Here is a link to all the photos: http://imgur.com/a/jbxy4

I'll have a couple of tech questions in the near future, but for now, I hope you enjoy the photos.

#2 5 years ago

Good trade! Enjoy!

#3 5 years ago

Hey Darin that is a beautiful Totan!! I,m glad you found
what you where looking for. Indiana Rick

#4 5 years ago

Smart Move!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey Darin that is a beautiful Totan!! I,m glad you found
what you where looking for. Indiana Rick

Thanks! I have yet to trade the AC/DC but hopefully soon.

#6 5 years ago

i agree SMART MOVE !

#7 5 years ago

Enjoy that Totan. It's a beauty but I'm going to vote bad move

#8 5 years ago

Sorry Ive got to vote Bad Move as well especially since WoZ 2.0 is about to drop, I love TotAN but its really only Pretty,Super Shallow and when the Pin Market Tanks (which it will) Games like TotAN will be the first to be hit. Value Wise what you payed for WoZ vs what I Think will happen to games like TotAN,CV,ToM,GnR AfM,MB etc etc. If your happy with your trade thats all that matters and yes down the road you can always get a Pro WoZ if you want but dont be surprised if when code is complete for WoZ it goes up in value, Lets Remember what Games like CC and MB and CV etc where going for when they first came out, They couldnt give those games away and now they are so desirable.

I just wrote this response as my opinion, and nothing more, as I stated above if your happy thats all that matters and a lot of the games I mentioned I own to including WoZ. Pinball is a fantastic Hobby because there is a game for everyones taste. Enjoy your TotAN and Hopefully you get to play the new WoZ code 2.0 when it launches next week.

Joe(acejedi)

#9 5 years ago

That is a very nice totan! I had one a few years ago, but not as blinded up as yours. Hope your happy with the trade.

#10 5 years ago

Good for u on the trade. I too have been trying to trade my TOTAN for a WOZLE. No luck yet

#11 5 years ago

Blingin but the skulls at the end look a little cheap, are they supposed to be there?

#12 5 years ago

Hey if your happy that's all that matters! Did you get any cash in your favor on this trade or was it just a straight up trade?

#13 5 years ago

Well, good luck with the TOTAN...while beautiful, it was my shortest owned game.

#14 5 years ago

I hope you received some cash on your end.

#15 5 years ago

i hope you received a lot of cash on your end! Always wanted to get a totan but no way would i trade even up on the wozle! As long as your happy thats all that matters!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I figured the WOZLE has been losing value and the TOTAN gaining.

Totan's a great game. I'm glad you're happy with the trade, but I hope it wasn't just for the above stated reason.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Blingin but the skulls at the end look a little cheap, are they supposed to be there?

They are stupid stickers. I'm going to take them off in the near future. Why someone would put those on there I have no idea. I hope they come off easily. Any suggestions for that?

Quoted from RawleyD:

Totan's a great game. I'm glad you're happy with the trade, but I hope it wasn't just for the above stated reason.

No, not exactly. I guess it is always possible that 'value' wise it was a poor decision but we will see. Heck, with the year I've had in pins I would not be surprised if the TOTAN is traded out for something or sold in six months.

Quoted from Acejedi:

Sorry Ive got to vote Bad Move as well especially since WoZ 2.0 is about to drop, I love TotAN but its really only Pretty,Super Shallow and when the Pin Market Tanks (which it will) Games like TotAN will be the first to be hit. Value Wise what you payed for WoZ vs what I Think will happen to games like TotAN,CV,ToM,GnR AfM,MB etc etc. If your happy with your trade thats all that matters and yes down the road you can always get a Pro WoZ if you want but dont be surprised if when code is complete for WoZ it goes up in value, Lets Remember what Games like CC and MB and CV etc where going for when they first came out, They couldnt give those games away and now they are so desirable.
I just wrote this response as my opinion, and nothing more, as I stated above if your happy thats all that matters and a lot of the games I mentioned I own to including WoZ. Pinball is a fantastic Hobby because there is a game for everyones taste. Enjoy your TotAN and Hopefully you get to play the new WoZ code 2.0 when it launches next week.
Joe(acejedi)

Yes, very possible. I already got hit with the MMR remake killing the value of my MM before I traded it. Like I said in my post original post, I gave this a lot of thought and the trade was on the table for a few weeks before I finally decided to do it.

So far, loving the TOTAN. For myself, I am not allowed to pick the jewel when I get "make a wish" as I do think that makes the pin way too easy to get to the genie battle. I'm hoping my wife and kids like it. WOZ for them was a little too complicated.

#18 5 years ago

Im with iceman and a couple others bad move, wozle for totan not an even trade anyways, I hope you got cash on your end. Totan just doesn't have the game play, Very nice looking machine but lacks in game play, Like Monster bash and a few other hyped up high end machines, Great looking games but the rules are shallow and game gets old fast..

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Acejedi:

Sorry Ive got to vote Bad Move as well especially since WoZ 2.0 is about to drop,

Is WOZ 2.0 going to fix the layout or make the shots more satisfying to hit?

Software isn't what people who don't care for WOZ think is wrong with WOZ.....

#20 5 years ago

You made a good move
Congrats!
Beautiful looking TOTAN

#21 5 years ago

yeah that mighty fine ass can sit in my mancave anytime. hell, i wouldnt even have to turn it on. : P

#22 5 years ago

Congrats....TOTAN is a beaut

#23 5 years ago

What matters is that YOU are happy. I will reserve my comments about the TOTAN

Enjoy the machine!

Chris

#24 5 years ago

Interesting cross-section of posts on this. Before I pulled the trigger I had posted this: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cq-totan-price-check to see if the offer made any sense from a 'value' standpoint. The day we made the trade the other guy told me he had received an $8300 offer that day but stayed committed to the trade. I will say that this pin is a VERY nice original TOTAN which has been pretty blinged out. I have a couple of LEDs out and have one tech thing I need to work on the door. I may go ahead and post a tech thread about that issue.

Basically I've been trying to find the right cross-section of pins which can be enjoyed by the family. I may simply have to own up to the idea that I'm the only one who really gives a rip about pinball and just get what I want. I was told 2-3 times by other pinsiders when I've been kicking this trade idea around that TOTAN was their wife's favorite. That, in part, played into this decision. My wife could not get into WOZ as there was too much going on. She gets frustrated really easily so I wanted something a little more straight forward.

#25 5 years ago

It is my wife,s favorite along with Scared Stiff There are goals on
Totan that are difficult 8 tiger loops can be a challenge and I have only
beaten wizard mode twice I think Totan is a nice piece of work by JP

#26 5 years ago

Basically I've been trying to find the right cross-section of pins which can be enjoyed by the family. I may simply have to own up to the idea that I'm the only one who really gives a rip about pinball and just get what I want. I was told 2-3 times by other pinsiders when I've been kicking this trade idea around that TOTAN was their wife's favorite. That, in part, played into this decision. My wife could not get into WOZ as there was too much going on. She gets frustrated really easily so I wanted something a little more straight forward.

Yes, you will have to come to that realization sooner than later unfortunately! I tried the noble idea of "family pleasing" for quite some time, there was an initial honeymoon period and now, it doesn't matter what pin it is, they get frustrated and quit. I even had my mother playing for awhile early on

Now its just about building my own man cave collection and having fun with whoever wants to play, if not, then I just don't worry about it anymore.

Enjoy that Totan while you have it!

#27 5 years ago

That Totan looks like $6500 - $7000. So what will be t he value of woz in a few months?

#28 5 years ago

I'll never EVER understand how people keep saying TOTAN is shallow, but Stargate and STTNG are 'deep'. Ludicrous....

#29 5 years ago

TOTAN is one of my personal favorites! Good call on the trade. Pictures Please !!

#30 5 years ago

All I know is TOTAN has been in my collection longer than any other pin. I have had 38 pins in six years and this pin has been with me for 4 years and gets played every couple days by me it is not shallow and it's a great game .It is unique not another game quite like it . You made a good move woz just does not have that many fun shots and you will see more for sale with prices dropping. Totan has great fun shots the lamp the genie the ramps all the ball locks. Yes there are deeper games out there but if the shots aren't any fun it doesn't matter how deep they are. A have a lot of pinball parties and family over and Totan is always played nonstop. Enjoy a great game .

#31 5 years ago

What's important is that YOU are happy with the deal. I would not have traded my WOZLE straight across for the TOTAN.

BTW: I own WOZLE and have owned TOTAN... I looked long and hard for TOTAN, then sold it 3 weeks later. Just wasn't for me.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Enjoy that Totan. It's a beauty but I'm going to vote bad move

+1

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'll never EVER understand how people keep saying TOTAN is shallow, but Stargate and STTNG are 'deep'. Ludicrous....

I've owned sttng & totan. I would say sttng was a blast to play, but not deep - hell my wife could get to the final frontier most of the time & understood how she got there. We bought and owned totan for about a month after playing one at a show. I think totan has allot of cool features, and was pretty to look at, but was not truly fun to play. IMHO.

I don't have my WOZLE yet, but the 50 or so games I have played at my buddies house, or the bar across town keeps me craving it. Hope your happy, but I'd say bad move.

#34 5 years ago

They are stupid stickers. I'm going to take them off in the near future. Why someone would put those on there I have no idea. I hope they come off easily. Any suggestions for that?

Hair dryer.

Enjoy your beautiful TOTAN!

#35 5 years ago

I say good move if that's what you really wanted, if any part of it has to do with money or market values then it was foolish. I say that because if I was offered a nice TOTAN or a WOZLE even though the value is in WOZLE I'd still take the TOTAN even though you could get the woz and try to flip it for cash then buy the other one and make some money I never had time for all that. I've traded out pins for lesser valued replacements because that's what I wanted. Enjoy

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Is WOZ 2.0 going to fix the layout or make the shots more satisfying to hit?
Software isn't what people who don't care for WOZ think is wrong with WOZ.....

I don't know why you feel the shots in WOZ aren't satisfying but I'm guessing you don't care for games like TZ either? They're games that are a little less about flow and more about making the right/hard shots. For me, these are games that bring out "flipper skills" way more (i.e. catching and passing). WOZ just keeps getting better and better IMO and I would never trade mine for a TOTAN straight up. WOZ is superior.

The new code certainly won't change the theme for those who hate it but I'm curious why any of those same folks would think TOTAN's theme is way better. Don't get me wrong, I love TOTAN ... but I don't get why that theme is somehow more interesting (or grown-up?) than WOZ. To each his own though!

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Vanquish09:

TOTAN is one of my personal favorites! Good call on the trade. Pictures Please !!

Follow the link on the original post.

#38 5 years ago

Just to clarify, I don't have one negative thing to say about WOZ. It was a fun game but just felt like this was a good trade opportunity. Mainly, my desire for the thread was to show off a nice TOTAN. My error was in mentioning WOZ at all. Please let's not let this thread turn into a WOZ love/hate thread.

#39 5 years ago

I think it is great that you got something you wanted.

I don't own a WOZ, so I don't know if I would have traded. All that matters (as I said before) is what YOU like

Enjoy the TOTAN!

Chris

#40 5 years ago

I own WOZ and previously owned TOTAN.

Personally I would not have made this trade without cash coming with the TOTAN.

TOTAN is beautiful but the flaws in the code make it get really old really fast. I think it holds up best in a collection of over 10 games.

What really matters is if you're happy and it sounds like you are so congrats!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside