(Topic ID: 301387)

Super Mario hype thread w/ poll

By PinballGalore

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you in on a Super Mario pinball after 30 years?”

• Count me in 7 votes
      64%
    • Nope 3 votes
      27%
    • Depends who makes it 1 vote
      9%

(11 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E90F74D9-2A60-4D52-BBFA-C2EB49C790D9 (resized).jpeg
    9BFCD331-0E63-4002-9E20-FDCC325E5D76 (resized).jpeg
    F797E449-EF6D-4ACD-AA00-E9A91CF589A9 (resized).jpeg
    9C2987CA-82DB-4489-95F7-D1E95628A233 (resized).png
    55FE5842-E8D9-463B-89FC-7E9329F3B6B9 (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

Since a new movie is set to hit the screens late 2022, is it obvious someone is working on a pin? Stern, JJP? I would think so. I would so be in on one! Nintendos licensing has been all over the place in the past year or two, heck I even have a DK collar and leash for my pup.
    55FE5842-E8D9-463B-89FC-7E9329F3B6B9 (resized).png55FE5842-E8D9-463B-89FC-7E9329F3B6B9 (resized).png9C2987CA-82DB-4489-95F7-D1E95628A233 (resized).png9C2987CA-82DB-4489-95F7-D1E95628A233 (resized).pngF797E449-EF6D-4ACD-AA00-E9A91CF589A9 (resized).jpegF797E449-EF6D-4ACD-AA00-E9A91CF589A9 (resized).jpeg

#2 2 years ago

I think a Nintendo license would cost a fortune. I would love to see it though!

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

Since a new movie is set to hit the screens late 2022, is it obvious someone is working on a pin?

Pins aren't generally released with new movies tied to them.

#4 2 years ago

I still can't get over how Chris Pratt is Mario....All I can hear is him saying in a normal voice "Yes it is me, Mario".

A Nintendo pin, or series of Nintendo pins, would be amazing and I think would be huge sellers. Both Mario and Zelda would be great themes.

#5 2 years ago

I can’t see a real life version of Mario rocking movie theatre ticket sales, let alone a pinball…

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I can’t see a real life version of Mario rocking movie theatre ticket sales, let alone a pinball…

I think they’re just the voices for the animated characters in the movie. Although I’d pay triple for a movie ticket to see Seth Rogen in a full featured movie dressed up as donkey Kong.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I still can't get over how Chris Pratt is Mario....All I can hear is him saying in a normal voice "Yes it is me, Mario".

I'm not even planning on going to see the movie just because of this. It's completely f'ing absurd that they have Martinet doing bit part cameos and Pratt doing Mario, which is LITERALLY MARTINET'S VOICE.... Nintendo and Illumination can go f themselves on that one.

#8 2 years ago

I think they’re just the voices for the animated characters in the movie. Although I’d pay triple for a movie ticket to see Seth Rogen in a full featured movie dressed up as donkey Kong.

That would be the only way it might do ok, but even then……..

#9 2 years ago

Right now The only JJP CE I’d buy to keep, even if playfieldgate is still a thing, would be Mario or a Beatles yellow submarine.
    Those would be EPIC WITH ERIC in my opinion.

#10 2 years ago

Would love to see a JJP SUPER MARIO.

#11 2 years ago

Although I’d pay triple for a movie ticket to see Seth Rogen in a full featured movie dressed up as donkey Kong

It was pre-ordained.

9BFCD331-0E63-4002-9E20-FDCC325E5D76 (resized).jpeg9BFCD331-0E63-4002-9E20-FDCC325E5D76 (resized).jpeg
    #12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm not even planning on going to see the movie just because of this. It's completely f'ing absurd that they have Martinet doing bit part cameos and Pratt doing Mario, which is LITERALLY MARTINET'S VOICE.... Nintendo and Illumination can go f themselves on that one.

Martinet jacked the role from Captain Lou!!!! PAYBACK, CHUCK!!!!

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Uh yeah, okay. As much as I love the Super Show and have the DVD box set.... dude was never the voice in the games. That's like arguing that Bob Hoskins should have the role.

#14 2 years ago

The Super Show could only have come from the 80s. Crack is wack.

It’s enjoyable in the same way as Russian dashcam footage

Martinet got his start as the voice of Mario for Pinball and it’s a fitting way to start the legacy for one of the most recognizable voices in the world.
    Chris Pratt is NOT Mario. He’s a terrible choice.

However Charlie Day as Luigi is hilarious. And it would be perfect if Danny DeVito voices Wario AND Waluigi. It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Martinet got his start as the voice of Mario for Pinball and it’s a fitting way to start the legacy for one of the most recognizable voices in the world.

I didn't realize this. I always thought it was Mario Typing Tutor but I just checked and he only did the CDROM version of that, which came later than the pin. Very cool fact.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Uh yeah, okay. As much as I love the Super Show and have the DVD box set.... dude was never the voice in the games. That's like arguing that Bob Hoskins should have the role.

I’m just messin’ with ya - it’s very hard to imagine Crisp Rat at the voice of Mario, but they were never gonna go with Martinet. He’s great at going “wooohooo!” and “mama mia”, but I don’t think he has the chops as an actor to carry a movie. Devito as Mario would have been hilarious, especially since Charlie Day is Luigi. They already have great chemistry.

#17 2 years ago

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Take that great shooting game of The Munsters and retheme it as Mario. Dragula can be a green pipe, Herman can be Bowser, Spot can be a piranha plant, and play the underground music when you're in the lower playfield. Toss in a few coins, mystery blocks, goombas, turtles, and hammer bros around as decorations/targets. Have the rules be something like defeat some enemies and collect some coins to travel a world, do an underground mode once per world, beat up Bowser at the end of the world as a mini wizard, and repeat 7 more times while escalating the challenge to finally save the princess.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It was pre-ordained. [quoted image]

I’m getting number 420!

1 month later
    #19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

This Man knows his history!

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoeyItaliano:

This Man knows his history!

And Captain Lou jacked the role from Peter Cullen in Saturday Supercade!

RIP Lou

1 year later
    #21 1 year ago

Well the rumors are finally here….

#22 1 year ago

Oh man, I would love a new Super Mario pin

#23 1 year ago

A new Mario pin would crush it on location. I have walked into plenty of arcades that have amazing games, and the one game being played is that old Mario game.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Take that great shooting game of The Munsters

The Munsters is a great shooting game. SMB was a really good movie. My kids can't stop singing "Peaches, Peaches Peaches".

#25 1 year ago

Well the rumors are finally here….

Where?

#26 1 year ago
    E90F74D9-2A60-4D52-BBFA-C2EB49C790D9 (resized).jpegE90F74D9-2A60-4D52-BBFA-C2EB49C790D9 (resized).jpeg
    #27 1 year ago

I'm just baffled how videogames are now the dominant entertainment media on the planet and yet we're still talking about ooooo maybe there'll be an Ozzy Osbourne pin.

Mind you, a new Mario game just based on the movie will probably rub people in a similar way the Toy Story pin was just Toy Story 4.
    Still holding out hope for a Metroid or Castlevania pin one day. I'd even accept a fricking pokemon pin. (a proper one, not the mockup...)

#28 1 year ago

I hope the pin is better than the movie. Jack Black was awesome but the rest bored me and I fell asleep. Kids liked it though.

#29 1 year ago

Hope they don’t use the movie actors for the voicing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-movie-new-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.