Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RobKnapp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I got this pin around 5 years or so ago as a project. And boy was it! More new parts then I can think about. Looks and plays awesome. Not a deep game by any means but its fun to play. Theme really gathers the kids in and adults recognize it as well. Who dosent like Mario???

The Good:
Literally a brand new DMD. About a week ago. Old one had begun ghosting so I replaced it.
New side rails
New coin door
Flips and pops rebuilt
All boards checked and repaired by Coin Op Cauldroun
New Cliffys installed on holes (did not put it on the mini but its included. Looked so nice I left it off)
New legs
New set of NOS plastics included (Set that is on is original but in good shape, bought just to have. Slings could use changing but there not to bad)
Varathane clear coat (5 coats) on PF
Ground mods done
Theres more new parts (tons!) that I put on but thats whats off the top of my head

The Bad:
Had to do a total sand down and repaint on the cabinet. I first got it, last owner had taken a house paint brush and painted it blue and drew a Mario on it. Just horrible. When I sanded it off I could see why. Tons of graffiti and crap carved into the original artwork. Ive never seen anything like it. The bad is theres no decals or any kind of stencils for it so I hired an artist to repaint all the graphics. Casual glance it looks great but you can tell when you get up close and personal. I loved the outcome but a purist would be tripping!
I did all the touchups on it before clearcoating. My color matching skills leave a litle room to be desired. Not perfect but looks way better then what I started with.

The ugly:
Two of the SUPER inserts have damages. In the pictures you can see it. There not replaceable so I touched up and cleared to the best of my abilities.
The Back box has some sort of MDF board or something. Sanded it and it was smooth as silk. Shot it with paint and it kind of "fuzzed up" in areas. Dont know how that could have been prevented but it is what it is so it makes the ugly department.
Ive got one controlled light that just wont work. When I went through this, I tried everything known to man to get it to work and tons of posts digging for help on it. Replaced the lamp that is on that board, checked, double checked all components on that lamp board and everything is fine. Soldered a new lamp on anyways and thre the towel in I then sent the boards off for repair with a note on that problem and Clive done his magic. Unfortunately that little glitch did not clear up. Ive not lost sleep over it since.
Those drop holes are huge! Had to do allot of filling and sanding and painting when I got into it. After a ton of work they looked awesome! Clearcoated and started playing and they quickly got beat to hell and filler got knocked out. This was before a cliffy was available and it was a bit of a bummer. Cliffy finally made a set for them and they cover all the wear but it is under there. Theres not a mario on the planet without damage on those holes. What a shame.

I had allot of fun going through this one and learned a ton. Not getting any playtime now so would like to send it on to someone thats going to enjoy it and get something new to me. Value wise, I dont know how to value it. $1600 would probably be the magic number to get me to part with it without a trade. Price police please comment! Positive or negative, Im curious as to what its really worth. Got way more then that in it but I would really prefer a trade. Plus or minus cash so what do you got?
Pics are here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jamesakapinballrookie/sets/72157643381769724/
Located in Rocky Mount VA Zip is 24151

#2 10 years ago

Cab turned out great good luck with the trade !!!

#3 10 years ago

too bad so far...i m looking for that game for years!!!

#4 10 years ago

nice effort to bring her back.glwts

#5 10 years ago

Anything particular you are looking for in trade?

#6 10 years ago

I have one good job on artwork looks good considering they dont make much for it

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anything particular you are looking for in trade?

Nothing in particular. Just something fresh for me.

Quoted from bigd1979:

I have one good job on artwork looks good considering they dont make much for it

Yeah, he done a great job considering all he had was the flyer and a fellow collector sent me a few photos of his cab up close.

1 week later
#8 10 years ago

Traded for a JM. Im diggin it. Really enjoying the sounds and call outs. Lots of things to shoot for as well. Fun pin! Traded to a Family Fun Center that surprisingly enough has several pins in good working order. Wheeling it in, a little kid said "Look mommy! Its Super Mario!" That was kind of cool

#9 10 years ago

The bumpers Mario the bumpers..

Fun game good trade though. I just picked up JM tonight and it is so fast (minus glove of course) I also am digging it.

#10 10 years ago

Played it for the first time At a Colorado Pinball trade show . Fun And Kid's loved it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-ft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.