Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by goatdan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Wondering what's a fair price for one in decent shape? There's a little wear around the drop holes on the play field but other than that the cabinet decals appear to be in good shape. Game appears to be well taken care of.

I've offered $1,400. Buyer wants 2K for it. Sounds like he'll drop to $1,900 but, sounds pretty firm at that price.

This title is one on my list but it's certainly not at the top of it. However, it's close by and appears to be in good shape. Want to ensure that when it comes time to part with it, I can at least get my money back out of it or a trade for at least equal value.

Is my offer fair? How high should I be going?

#2 11 years ago

I wouldn't go over $1250 for that machine, personally.

#3 11 years ago

It's all about the license. One of Gottliebs best licenses. Decent game, and a good way to get kids to play it. At the rate pin prices are going It would depend on how much you want it, and if it will break you buying it. They don't come around that often. I have seen them selling for 1,300 - 2500. It has a big swing for sure. Getting kids involved playing pinball is priceless

#4 11 years ago

$1400 and $1500 is what I've seen 2 go for recently

#5 11 years ago

RE: The Director's post...

Is that because of your personal thoughts on the game or is that what you think joe public would pay for it?

Like I said, I'm just getting started so I'm not looking to turn this for a profit. I'm looking to get a machine I'll enjoy for a few years and and when it comes time to turn it and find another one, I'm not going to eat $500.

#6 11 years ago

Prices are changing so rapidly these days it's hard to keep up. No one would have paid $1500 for this machine 6 months ago unless you were a hard core Mario fan. I like the machine, but it is a Gottlieb which usually don't retain value as well as B/W or even DE. Book value is ~$1300. I think you'd be swallowing $500 or so to get at $1900, personally. However, who know with this insanity, it could be $10k by Christmas

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

$1400 and $1500 is what I've seen 2 go for recently

That's kind of how I feel about it. I think $1,400 is more than fair.

But, I also agree with the other poster. This is a fun title and a good kids game. As a guy (I'm sure many of us are in this boat) with young kids, and a wife who thinks shelling out this kind of money for a toy is stupid... getting something the family will enjoy for a first pin has some value for me as well.

#8 11 years ago

This is actually a pretty fun game to play with wide appeal.

#9 11 years ago

I think if you come up to $1500 and stand your ground the seller will see the light...

#10 11 years ago

$1400 tops. Yep' a fun pin for sure and family friendly, but there's not much past the one video mode and once ya' destroy the seven castles, that's about it. They are hard to cone bye, and never for sale, but that asking price is waaay high.~ SpOoKy

#11 11 years ago

keep in mind, we don't get alot of machine for sale around here, for us , its a pay to play scenario.
I have "overpaid" on almost all my pins.Supply and demand, we have no supply so the demand is high,you can't go by what the american market says .

#12 11 years ago

According to Pinpedia (take that for what it's worth)
Average for this year is 1,925 http://www.pinpedia.com/machine/807/statistics

According to http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay_112112.htm The average for this year is 1,798

It's not a 1,200 machine anymore.

There is a big swing in the market on this one as I stated before, however I think finding and getting one in good condition for 1,400 will be next to impossible. It will be a stroke of luck, along the lines of finding an A list pin underpriced on CL and being the first one to get to it, before all the guys with apps call and offer more.

Either way, good luck on your hunting. Also remember while you are thinking about buying it, other people are actively making offers on it..

#13 11 years ago

I'd say 1500-1600 game but I'd say its all about condition and playability. I've paid way over for pins but my choice, had to have it. If your looking to get your money back I'd say hit or miss depending on the market. Could score and make a 100 or two, never know, you might find another you hunting for one the time you want to sell it.

I thought about buying one for my daughter the time she was into Mario. Definitely themed and fun pin for kids. I played it at CA Extreme last year, wouldn't last in my collection, my personal opinion.

#14 11 years ago

I have 2 boys, 6 and 3. I've had my Mario Bros for 2.5 years now and my boys love it. They don't have many to choose from at my house, but they love the theme and destroying a castle.

#15 11 years ago

Hey Freezie...

I see on your profile you're looking for Getaway. Price seemed pretty steep but I saw there's a completely restored one on kijiji in Edmonton. Can't remember but seem to recall it around $3500.

#16 11 years ago

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. Been a big help. Still don't know if I'll go any higher than $1400 for an offer but I agree with Freezie, in our area the availability and quality is brutal. So by the time you weigh in not having to pay a bunch of shipping costs... it might be worth going a little higher but I definately think I'm close to my cap if not there already.

#17 11 years ago

Let us know how you make out

#18 11 years ago

Ya I saw that getaway ,too much at this time for me . For that kind of money I would want to see it first.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

keep in mind, we don't get alot of machine for sale around here, for us , its a pay to play scenario.
I have "overpaid" on almost all my pins.Supply and demand, we have no supply so the demand is high,you can't go by what the american market says .

Evan though Canada is a lot closer to the USA than Australia,the exact same thing is at play here.

To be a pinball enthusiast in the US is like a kid in a candy shop.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Evan though Canada is a lot closer to the USA than Australia,the exact same thing is at play here.
To be a pinball enthusiast in the US is like a kid in a candy shop.

Ditto for Norway, going to overpay for anything & everything

#21 11 years ago

Well... I decided to go to an offer of $1,600. Only to find out he just sold it for $1,950. He did well. I'm very disappointed to not score this game locally and in good shape but I wouldn't have been able to do that price for that title so I guess I'll keep looking. Thanks for your input everyone.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Well... I decided to go to an offer of $1,600. Only to find out he just sold it for $1,950. He did well. I'm very disappointed to not score this game locally and in good shape but I wouldn't have been able to do that price for that title so I guess I'll keep looking. Thanks for your input everyone.

Patience is key in this hobby.

viperrwk

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

According to Pinpedia (take that for what it's worth)Average for this year is 1,925 http://www.pinpedia.com/machine/807/statisticsAccording to http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay_112112.htm The average for this year is 1,798It's not a 1,200 machine anymore.There is a big swing in the market on this one as I stated before, however I think finding and getting one in good condition for 1,400 will be next to impossible. It will be a stroke of luck, along the lines of finding an A list pin underpriced on CL and being the first one to get to it, before all the guys with apps call and offer more.Either way, good luck on your hunting. Also remember while you are thinking about buying it, other people are actively making offers on it..

Tried to warn you..

1 month later
#24 10 years ago

Somehow had not stumbled upon that pinpedia website before, pretty interesting stuff....is it confirmed to be accurate at all, or is like all other pinball pricing systems seem to be and just differ person to person relatively speaking?

#25 10 years ago

If you were getting it to play, you can get a LOT of other games that are much better than it for $1900 as players. If you were getting it for theme, it is still surprisingly cheap I think for the theme that it has.

The mini-Mario machine (Super Mario Bros Mushroom World) is actually a considerably better player in my opinion, and it still isn't all that.

1 month later
#26 10 years ago

I'm also in canada and considering this machine, the guy is asking 2000$ also but is flexible... considering the demand for this game and the rarity of it (and rarity of pins in general in my area) how much would you guys pay for it? I was thinking 1700-1800 reading this thread and the machine was entirely shopped (at least that's what he says), the ad was there for about 2 weeks and still there so I'm thinking he has a hard time getting 2k... anyway let me know!

p.s. btw pauz I probably wouldn't get it a 1900$ for the one you're talking about

p.s.2 sorry for hijacking your thread if I'm being innapropriate just let me know I'll gtfo but I tought might as well not create a similar thread for nothing

#27 10 years ago

Sold my HUO about 1.5 years ago for 2,500 plus shipping. It was absolute mint in everyway though.
I would not go over about 1600 for a solid working one with little to no wear.

That is top end for a players machine usually pretty easy to find beat up ones for 1000-1200.

#28 10 years ago

Just being honestly, unless I was totally desperate for anything, I'd completely skip it at that price. And I own a retro game store, so the theme is 100% up my alley. I've had opportunities to buy them working for $800 before (few years ago) and passed - the gameplay is just silly. The thing that sticks out the most is the random awards where you can play once and get zero, and again and get some huge number (50 million?) I don't like random stuff that much, but the game literally shoving the fact you get nothing in your face is completely annoying.

Note, I do own a Mushroom World, see my avatar with my son playing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-brothers-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.