Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Hi

I'm new to Gottlieb machines and just got a decent shape Super Mario Bros machine which the seller told me was working fine and he played it just the orher night. It was a quick deal as the price was good and interested many. So I trusted him on the condition.

So I powered it on back home and everything seems fine. Attract mode looks nice, inserts and gi works and flashers...well flash. Pic below.

Then I press start, inserts turn off and no ball is sent to launcher. Flippers dont work and ball launcher dont do anything. See second pic. Neither start button or ball launcher button are illuminated. Upon first power-on, a ball was launched from the upper field down to ramp to the tray as it had become dislodged during transport. The seller was a real dufus.

So I try to tilt it. Which works, but I can't get past the tilt screen as button presses doesn't register. See third pic.

What's the issue here? Fuses? Are they the same type as williams games? Bevause I have a bunch of different ones for those.

The image order might backwards. I'm on smartphone.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

Can you account for all the balls? My guess is that the game is waiting for them to all show up in the tray to finish the reset. Good Luck.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The balls! I did not think of it. Haven't counted them but the game installs five, or six? I don't have the manual easily ready. I will check!

#4 8 years ago

may say under the lockdown bar

#6 8 years ago

A Gottlieb system 3 will not start a game unless all balls are present. Generally the music will not start unless it finds all the balls. Some software updates for certain games will change the number of balls required but this is unlikely in your case. Just make sure 3 are present in the trough.

#7 8 years ago

Was it the ballz ?

#8 8 years ago

Did you also check to see that nothing came loose when you moved it before turning it on.

Like check for foreign items that may have been left in the bottom of the machine.
Eg (nuts, bolts, old bulbs) that may be stuck in the ball trough blocking the switches from realizing the balls are in there. If the right amount are present in the trough.

#9 8 years ago

Solved! It was the balls. My missing balls. lol

One was missing or is stuck somewhere. Anyway, I put in three new ones and it works fine.

So a new question...volume is very low shouldn't there be a volume pot here somewhere? Sorry for blurry pic.

#10 8 years ago

I'm stupid. That is the pot. I was looking for an extra board with a tournament button on it. Thanks guys.

#11 8 years ago

Cue Ball Wizard has a board. Guess they started doing that on later games.

#12 8 years ago

My gladiators and waterworld had the small board. I was confused too :-p

#13 8 years ago

Glad it's all working.
Great game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-weird-behavior-after-boot-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.