image-144.jpg
image-531.jpg
image_3.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg

#1 9 years ago

Hi everybody,
I have just got my last pinball (after a TAF and Flintstones): Super Mario Bros.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

I like it very much and I would like to repair some playfields scratch.
I have bought, directly to Cliffy's, a set of Protector scoops for the big holes, but first of all, I want to clean and repair the playfield as you can see on the following pictures.

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg
image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg
image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

Does anybody have a high resolution of this area (around de bumper and the around the blue pipe)? I think that somebody tried to remove the mylar and this piece of playfield has been spoilt.

I would like also to repair the vinyl of front of machine (coin door). Does anybody has this artwork?

I wish you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

#2 9 years ago

This machine is notorious for having a crappy playfield. Mine has quite a few spots as well. I'm bumping because I have been unable to find a scan myself.

#3 9 years ago

Congrats on getting a great game.......I love my SMB game

Haven't seen much in the way of parts/mods/fixes for this game (which is too bad)

#4 9 years ago

Maybe invest in a pair of pinball legs before you deal with the play field.
Not sure how the stack of books will hold up over time.

#5 9 years ago

Jajajajaja, yes, that was a nice moment in the setup.
I am thinking that maybe the best would be to paint this area (with good blue paint) and apply after something like mylar.
The rest of playfield seems in very well aspect, so I am very happy with this adquisition.

#6 9 years ago

Mine was really bad in the pop bumper area and I had my buddy that works at a sign shop make me a repair sticker that was clear over the inserts. I found someone with playfield scans so that helped a lot. I have some scans of certain areas. Pm me.

image-561.jpgimage-561.jpg image-144.jpgimage-144.jpg image-531.jpgimage-531.jpg
#7 9 years ago

I would appreciate any scans that you have as I'd like to patch up some of the wear spots on mine.

Thanks,

#8 9 years ago

Thanks tjc02002. I have sent you a pm. My wearest zones are between the pop number (like you) and the blue pipe (about the insert 3 and Light).

1 week later
#9 9 years ago

Since we are in the topic of restauration of SMB, I feel a little bit stupid in asking this question, but can anybody tell me how to remove the mini playfield?

I cant find a way by myself. I think the solution is right in my face but I cant see!

I need to change some light bulbs in the mini playfield.

Thanks

#10 9 years ago

I think you can change all the bulbs from the bottom. Take the pinballs out and try flipping the playfield as high as you can get it. I forget if it stays fully vertical or not. You should be able to get to all the bulbs. If you really want to know the mini playfield is held on with 3 or 4 screws but you have to take a bunch of stuff off first I think.

6 months later
#11 8 years ago

Hello
Would you still have copy's of the scans. I am about to start to try and make a whole playfield decal and any scan I could get would be great. I have two playfields that I will try and get most the scans I need but both have wear over peach and pop bumpers area.

Any help would be great.

Thanks brad

2 years later
#12 6 years ago

so scans or overlay done?

1 year later
#13 4 years ago

Curious if anyone has any files/overlay for the pop bumper area, thanks!

1 week later
#14 4 years ago

I need some assistance undoing some random changes that were made to my playfield.
Please PM me if we can trade pictures of some specific areas on the playfield.

#15 4 years ago

I have attached hi-rez pictures of entire playfield.

I am able to print the entire playfield on the under-side of 3/16" Duraplex (acrylic plexiglass) to cover your entire sanded playfield.

If interested let me know.

LowerMiddlePlayfield.jpgLowerMiddlePlayfield.jpgLowerPlayfield.jpgLowerPlayfield.jpgUpperMiddlePlayfield.jpgUpperMiddlePlayfield.jpgUpperPlayfield.jpgUpperPlayfield.jpg
3 weeks later
#16 4 years ago

Message sent. What’s the cost?

Quoted from MahoSands:

I have attached hi-rez pictures of entire playfield.
I am able to print the entire playfield on the under-side of 3/16" Duraplex (acrylic plexiglass) to cover your entire sanded playfield.
If interested let me know.

#17 4 years ago

Hola que tal, llego un SMB a mis mans y quisiera restaurar el vinilo del campo de juego. Donde podria conseguirlo .Si alguien lo tiene hablamos. Gracias

#18 4 years ago

Looking for an upper playfield restore decal. Please pm if you can make one.

2 months later
#19 3 years ago

I'll certainly pay a lot for one of those!

#20 3 years ago

I love that you can do this with a decal! I'm thinking of doing the same on a pin or two since I don't have the technical skills to airbrush or paint it myself...

Looks awesome tjc02002 !

5 months later
#21 3 years ago

Hey There,

I'm searching for PF Scans;
Bumper Area
Kickback Area

if possible, of course, from the entire field

Please PM me

Greetings Sascha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-restauration-playfield?hl=mutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.