Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SMB (resized).jpg
IMG_0435 (resized).JPG
IMG_0437 (resized).JPG
IMG_0436 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I'm shopping a SMB I bought a while back and came across a plastic in the bottom of the cabinet.
My machine is apart right now and I'd like to find where this thing goes and put it back on.
The mounting holes are 30mm apart on center. I've taken a picture of that plastic and then some that are similar and already on the machine to try and cut down on any confusion or misidentification.
If you know where it goes and could upload a pic, that would be a big help to me. Thanks!

IMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPG

IMG_0437 (resized).JPGIMG_0437 (resized).JPG

IMG_0435 (resized).JPGIMG_0435 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

When I get home I'll try to get to my machine tonight and help you out!

#3 7 years ago

So I just spent a few minutes looking at my game and I don't see that plastic!

#4 7 years ago

That plastic goes on the left hand side of the lower playfield nand just above and to the left of the lift slingshot and ends just to left of the ramp going up to the top of the upper playfield.

Here's a good pic....

SMB (resized).jpgSMB (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

That plastic goes on the left hand side of the lower playfield nand just above and to the left of the lift slingshot and ends just to left of the ramp going up to the top of the upper playfield.
Here's a good pic....

I think if you look in his photo he already has that plastic on the red portion. The loose plastic he has in the measured photo appears different to me.

#6 7 years ago

Brainmegaphone is correct. I've got the position for the two clear plastics on the left side of the lower playfield, and I've got the location of the clear plastic between the two pop bumpers. The one I'm trying to find a position for is the plastic shown in the picture with the caliper.
I'm assuming that someone shopped this in the past and forgot to put it back on... and maybe due to the location it would have been hard to go back and put it on so they just threw it in the bottom of the cabinet. Maybe.

#7 7 years ago

I just took a quick scan over my playfield and couldn't find that plastic piece anywhere on it either. Could possibly be from another machine

If you look at the plastic set I don't find that piece in there either.
http://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/28864/large.jpg

#8 7 years ago

Good call, Scotty! I didn't even to think of checking Marco's for a pic of the set. All the plastics shown there are accounted for. You're probably right, this must've come off another pin and ended up in the bottom of my cabinet during its adventures. Must be another Gottlieb plastic or something.
I'm finishing up cleaning everything now and will go ahead and put it back together this afternoon.
Thanks for everyone's help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-plastic-identification and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.