IMG_4354 (resized).JPG
IMG_4353 (resized).JPG
IMG_4352 (resized).JPG
IMG_4351 (resized).JPG
IMG_4347 (resized).JPG
IMG_4350 (resized).JPG
IMG_4349 (resized).JPG

#1 4 years ago

I tried to register my SMB MW on the website https://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=3427 but was unable to because my serial number doesn't conform to the typical format of the other registered machines. Other machines are five digits (#95XXX) and mine is only two, #17. I think their may have been an issue with the submit button also. Sent them an email and haven't heard back yet.

The pictures attached are from my machine and it would appear that the serial is valid due to the consistency between the cabinet, boards, and even the ticket dispenser.

For those who also have this machine and haven't registered on the website above, let me know if you have a serial number similar to mine or what is previously known. We're the fortunate 519 that have one.

Thanks!

IMG_4349 (resized).JPGIMG_4349 (resized).JPGIMG_4350 (resized).JPGIMG_4350 (resized).JPGIMG_4347 (resized).JPGIMG_4347 (resized).JPGIMG_4351 (resized).JPGIMG_4351 (resized).JPGIMG_4352 (resized).JPGIMG_4352 (resized).JPGIMG_4353 (resized).JPGIMG_4353 (resized).JPGIMG_4354 (resized).JPGIMG_4354 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago

These smaller redemption pins do not follow the Gottlieb/Premier SN pinball format. (It's the same with Nudge-It, Bell Ringer too.) I havne't entered mine into the database because of that issue. The website just can't handle it now. I sent them an email last year, never heard back, and it looks like nothing has changed.

#3 4 years ago

That's odd, I wonder if yours are early run or test units. Both of mine have the 5 digit SN. Do you have any differences or other changes? BTW your machine looks really clean.
20190618_084916 (resized).jpg20190618_084916 (resized).jpg
20190618_085024 (resized).jpg20190618_085024 (resized).jpg

P.S. - I don't mean to get off track but you don't get a group of mushroom world owners very often. If anyone has spare parts they are willing to sell please pm me. I'm looking for the red castle, the yellow arched tube and an apron.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks! I've watched videos on YouTube of people playing their machines and differences appear to be in the sound/music. There are certain sounds that are played on other machines when you complete a world and mine doesn't. I chalked it up to mine not working correctly, but I could be wrong.

Unfortunately I don't have spare parts for this and I also need a new apron. Mine has two cracks in it and I don't think they're making a reproduction anymore.

If you're interested you can read the story on how I obtained this machine (and it's bigger brother). http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=122515

Thanks.

#5 4 years ago

better cover the windows of AROM1 and AROM2

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

better cover the windows of AROM1 and AROM2

Thanks for the suggestion. Appears that whatever was on them fell off.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

That's odd, I wonder if yours are early run or test units. Both of mine have the 5 digit SN. Do you have any differences or other changes? BTW your machine looks really clean.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
P.S. - I don't mean to get off track but you don't get a group of mushroom world owners very often. If anyone has spare parts they are willing to sell please pm me. I'm looking for the red castle, the yellow arched tube and an apron.

Why do you have 2?!? You’re insanely lucky!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Ryder4864:

Thanks! I've watched videos on YouTube of people playing their machines and differences appear to be in the sound/music. There are certain sounds that are played on other machines when you complete a world and mine doesn't. I chalked it up to mine not working correctly, but I could be wrong.
Unfortunately I don't have spare parts for this and I also need a new apron. Mine has two cracks in it and I don't think they're making a reproduction anymore.
If you're interested you can read the story on how I obtained this machine (and it's bigger brother). http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=122515
Thanks.

Contact a local Pinsider and get those ROMs burned!! You probably have a prototype with early software!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Ryder4864:

Thanks.

Contact Steve Young and Pinball resource. He has a lot of parts for these little games. He may have an NOS. (No, I already asked about playfields..)

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Contact Steve Young and Pinball resource. He has a lot of parts for these little games. He may have an NOS. (No, I already asked about playfields..)

I bought some under the play field ramps years back when I first got the machine. Its doubtful there are many proprietary NOS parts left for this machine.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

These smaller redemption pins do not follow the Gottlieb/Premier SN pinball format. (It's the same with Nudge-It, Bell Ringer too.) I havne't entered mine into the database because of that issue. The website just can't handle it now. I sent them an email last year, never heard back, and it looks like nothing has changed.

I'm surprised that you don't have Punchy the Clown in your wish list. There was a guy in Ohio that recently sold one.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Ryder4864:

I bought some under the play field ramps years back when I first got the machine. Its doubtful there are many proprietary NOS parts left for this machine.

Oh, you may be surprised. I picked up an NOS PLayfield and Backlass for Nudge-It, and a NOS Bell Ringer backglass from him last fall.

Quoted from Ryder4864:

I'm surprised that you don't have Punchy the Clown in your wish list. There was a guy in Ohio that recently sold one.

I actually meant to add it. Thanks for reminding me.

3 weeks later
#13 4 years ago

Can anyone verify if they have them same GPROM Checksum version as my machine? See picture below. Mine is 7D04. I couldn't fine information on flippers.com as to what version they have if you needed a replacement.

Thanks.

IMG_E4716 (resized).JPGIMG_E4716 (resized).JPG
#14 4 years ago

Same here.
MushroomWorldChecksum (resized).jpgMushroomWorldChecksum (resized).jpg

#15 4 years ago

Thanks latenite. Doesn't look like I have any special version.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-mushroom-world-serial-number and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.